Jaden Rashada Crying to the Media About Playing Himself

Advertisement
Yeah… his pops tried to follow the Cecil Newton School of Negotiations plan and walked away with nothing.

Kid probably won’t be at ASU past two years.

I honestly don’t understand why ASU would take him. He’s shown his nature. The moment he flashes he’ll demand to start and get paid more money or leave. That’s not a good look for your QB.

Don’t know the background of the family but will assume this was this largest ”potential” bag opportunity they’d ever seen. As a grown *** man, Im sure I‘d struggle with the choices. Imagine the amount of BS these kids and family have to sort through to finalize a commitment let alone also negotiate NIL deals. Seems like a lot of pressure for a kid who just learned to wipe his ***. My .2.

I’m sure it’s been discussed in other thread but are the Rashada’s trying to sue the gator collective?
I have not seen it yet but from the outside looking in it certainly seems that he has an argument that he relied on the UF promise to his detriment, and to an identifiable detriment based on whatever UM was offering. So not just a speculative “this is what I would have been worth” detriment.
And even if the new proposed law was not ex post facto, I still don’t think it would protect UF from the lawsuit.

Advertisement
Man… every time something like this comes up I’m blown away at the takes of grown *** men towards a kid. Having been raised by a dad who absolutely would have done the same, I feel deeply compassionate for the kid. I can’t imagine being his age and dealing with all of this with a dad who is looking out for his own glory. I’ll be rooting for him to get good mentorship and to use this as a growing opportunity to become a better man. Wouldn’t mind seeing him succeed on the field either.

I just read that article and did not see a single quote from Jadom, it was more of the same thing we have been hearing for months. Quotes from random people with sources and some from Jaden's dad.

Not sure if he's the one crying to the media or the media trying to clickbait

Man… every time something like this comes up I’m blown away at the takes of grown *** men towards a kid. Having been raised by a dad who absolutely would have done the same, I feel deeply compassionate for the kid. I can’t imagine being his age and dealing with all of this with a dad who is looking out for his own glory. I’ll be rooting for him to get good mentorship and to use this as a growing opportunity to become a better man. Wouldn’t mind seeing him succeed on the field either.
Your dad would have advised you to turn down 6 million from an actual billionaire, after receiving the first check of 125k, for a promised 13.2 million from a collective despite the fact that no money was paid up front? if so, your dad would have made the same mistaken calculation that the
Rashada’s made. It’s unfortunate because the mistake means that zero homework was done on who was offering the money and for what.

Now let’s say your dad would not have understood how to do the background work to distinguish between a real offer versus an imaginary offer. Then I hope he would have done what the Rashada’s did which was to hire people whose job it was to do the homework. The problem is they hired someone who is seemingly incompetent.
That is not completely the Rashada’s fault. They relied on incompetent people. Which is why I hope the Rashada’s get some better guidance and sue the **** out of UF, the Gator Collective, and the people in their own life whose fiduciary duty it was to guard against this. But we are all responsible for who we hire. If we hire incompetent people that is our own responsibility.

Hence my comment earlier that there are a lot of ignorant people involved here (ignorant is probably correct); the boosters, the agents, the family and ultimately the player.

Advertisement
I have not seen it yet but from the outside looking in it certainly seems that he has an argument that he relied on the UF promise to his detriment, and to an identifiable detriment based on whatever UM was offering. So not just a speculative “this is what I would have been worth” detriment.
And even if the new proposed law was not ex post facto, I still don’t think it would protect UF from the lawsuit.

*IF* you believe the article, the contract was cancellable at any time by the GC.

I disagree. Only because of this clause in the reporting, obviously I would need to read the actual documents myself this appears to be an illusory promise:

The contract also states that the collective can “in its sole and absolute discretion” terminate the agreement “without penalty or further obligation."

There was no mention of severance pay or buyouts, and without notice or severance provisions, depending on the drafting, payments are at the whim of the "Collective" who a recruit should be wary of transacting with moving forward.

Since the family had counsel, that clause ma be a bar to recovery for promissory estoppel on the grounds of detrimental reliance.

Your dad would have advised you to turn down 6 million from an actual billionaire, after receiving the first check of 125k, for a promised 13.2 million from a collective despite the fact that no money was paid up front? if so, your dad would have made the same mistaken calculation that the
Rashada’s made. It’s unfortunate because the mistake means that zero homework was done on who was offering the money and for what.

Now let’s say your dad would not have understood how to do the background work to distinguish between a real offer versus an imaginary offer. Then I hope he would have done what the Rashada’s did which was to hire people whose job it was to do the homework. The problem is they hired someone who is seemingly incompetent.
That is not completely the Rashada’s fault. They relied on incompetent people. Which is why I hope the Rashada’s get some better guidance and sue the **** out of UF, the Gator Collective, and the people in their own life whose fiduciary duty it was to guard against this. But we are all responsible for who we hire. If we hire incompetent people that is our own responsibility.

Hence my comment earlier that there are a lot of ignorant people involved here (ignorant is probably correct); the boosters, the agents, the family and ultimately the player.
Seeing as, per dad, he never really wanted to be here and had “buyer’s remorse” pretty much right after I’m kind of glad it all fell apart. Lesson learned for the young man. Can’t make that kind of decision solely on money because you ultimately be miserable.

And if his “heart” was in Gainesville then he should have been willing to go there for no money like he did with ASU. Gator football didn’t welch on an agreement, their collective did.

The nerve of them implying that the only way UM is good enough for their consideration is if multiple M’s are involved.

Advertisement

This 100%

Seems like recruits that have a lot of drama around their recruiting process fail to reach their potential a lot more than recruits that don’t have drama. Just my opinion and I don’t have data to support my opinion.

And to think there are some on this board that think rashada senior played UM and talked circles around them. Lmao

Advertisement
I disagree. Only because of this clause in the reporting, obviously I would need to read the actual documents myself this appears to be an illusory promise:

The contract also states that the collective can “in its sole and absolute discretion” terminate the agreement “without penalty or further obligation."

There was no mention of severance pay or buyouts, and without notice or severance provisions, depending on the drafting, payments are at the whim of the "Collective" who a recruit should be wary of transacting with moving forward.

Since the family had counsel, that clause ma be a bar to recovery for promissory estoppel on the grounds of detrimental reliance.
You maybe correct. I don’t have enough experience with civil litigation to know whether this clause protects them against everything. But let me add that if the clause does as you propose, that makes the decision to accept UF’s deal about 500% worse than the deal already was. The attorneys/agents involved on the Rashada side need to find something else to do with their lives as they are not good at advising on NIL deals.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back