Jaden Harris: "The food doesn't taste the same when you don't win"

View as article

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator

While there has been a lot of movement at safety this spring, one mainstay in the starting lineup was sophomore Jaden Harris. The Atlanta native continues to impress coaches with his IQ, speed and physicality. He joined the CanesInSight Podcast to discuss his progress:

On the spring: It was a great spring as a collective. We all gelled together. It was honestly a great spring for me, being my second year in the defense. I knew all the Guidry drills, all the...

Continue reading...

Advertisement
Canes Connection is the official NIL collective of the Miami Hurricanes and it is the fans’ best opportunity to directly impact the success of the program. Click the link below and pick a plan. When you enter promo code “CIS” in the blue link titled “Add promotion Code” (right under “Subtotal”) you get 20% off your first month Canes Connection subscription. More importantly, you get access to a regular, private Zoom call with me where I share information I can’t share publicly. This is in addition to the other member benefits Canes Connection provides.

https://www.canesconnection.com/membership

Advertisement
His experience replacing Kinchens for 2 games is invaluable at this point, because there's so little in terms of experience in that safety room aside from Powell. Even Balom entering his 6th year has hardly played.

Man I hope he balls this year. I didn’t really focus on him in the season but I am curious to know if anyone has his PFF grades.
They weren't great tbh.

He only played 131 snaps all last year, so it's a small sample size. His tackling was very good, it was in the 80 percentile, but his coverage grades weren't anything to write home about.

He played the majority of his snaps splitting between Nickel/Slot & Free Safety. His best games were TAMU & Temple, which again was a small sample size being a combined 69 (giggitty) snaps. Against Miami of Ohio he got cooked pretty bad playing at Rover/Strong Safety.

But after the Temple game, he would only play a grand total of 7 snaps for the rest of the season.

Advertisement
They weren't great tbh.

He only played 131 snaps all last year, so it's a small sample size. His tackling was very good, it was in the 80 percentile, but his coverage grades weren't anything to write home about.

He played the majority of his snaps splitting between Nickel/Slot & Free Safety. His best games were TAMU & Temple, which again was a small sample size being a combined 69 (giggitty) snaps. Against Miami of Ohio he got cooked pretty bad playing at Rover/Strong Safety.

But after the Temple game, he would only play a grand total of 7 snaps for the rest of the season.
Thank you. Have you been hearing anything good on his progression?

is the staff that high on Qaun Harris Powell williams??? that is are only concern heading into the season - if they play to championship standard we are in the playoffs -

start Quan and get the best safety in portal whenever that option is available

if we get a injury at safety it wont be pretty looking forward

I do believe Quan and co can get it done though but need to have a huge summer, as far as getting them prepared not just working out

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back