Jaden Davis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Not according to Gaby
germany berlin GIF by Team Coco

Advertisement
Advertisement
His lack of production over 4 years at Okla is concerning.

Billy Bowman as a Sophomore basically took his spot.

Between DP Jr, Couch, Terry Roberts & Stafford coming in, I’m not sure what Davis adds to the secondary at Nickel that he would be worth the take. He’s not that much of a significant improvement & considering there are better players at that same spot who are in the Portal & still entering the Portal it’s a bit of an interesting assessment on their part.

The staff certainly knows better than I do, but bringing in a mildly productive underperformer would be a weird take, especially considering he’s only a 1-year rental. But hey, we’ll see.
I think many on here would disagree with that statement.

I understand the argument that if player x can provide quality depth at a certain position then the addition improves your team. That is theoretically true. However, that should not be the primary objective of portal additions. We should be targeting players that become starters so the incumbent becomes the backup. That’s how you make noticeable and accelerated improvement to your roster.

Last edited:
Double Edged Sword...take too long and someone like DVD comes in and benefits due to the kid wanting to come home. But we move too fast, better options may want in and we might not have a spot.

I mean he can't be any worse than Lou Cristobal right lol
I doubt he’ll scare many dudes off. Especially if the player is a dude.

Advertisement
I wonder if this a bodies/low hanging fruit situation. We need depth in the worst way. Local guy probably won’t take a ton of resources to land him. Hopefully he’s not the only answer but if we add 3-4 DBs bringing in a guy with P5 experience makes sense.
And I think that’s exactly what Mario and Guidry are thinking here.

I doubt he’ll scare many dudes off. Especially if the player is a dude.
I was thinking more about the 85 roster slots. But D$ said spots aren't an issue. Combined with Cribby saying that this is a Cane lock. I'm good with it because if nothing else he adds experienced depth that has played major P5 football. Plus he doesn't take up any counters for 2024 because this is his last year.

Advertisement
I never seen this guy play or heard of him. LSU brought in a new secondary that no one thought was good, they ended up winning the SEC West. I expect Guidry to have a big hand in improving these players. For me its sad to see us have bunch of players, import 2 more and still looking for more when Stafford and Damari are still yet to come. I remember FR like Brandon Harris playing and doing ok, even DVD as well. Not sure what happen since, every true FR CB now looks like puup here

I understand the argument that if player x can provide quality depth at a certain position then the addition improves your team. That is theoretically true. However, that should not be the primary objective of portal additions. We should be targeting players that become starters so the incumbent becomes the backup. That’s how you make noticeable and accelerated improvement to your roster.

The portal isn’t high school.

The talent pool is limited. There are only going to be a few of those types of players.

The portal isn’t high school.

The talent pool is limited. There are only going to be a few of those types of players.
Understood. I didn’t say it would be easy. I said it should be the primary objective. I’m not against adding quality depth, but that doesn’t significantly improve your team.

BTW, few high school players make a meaningful impact as true frosh (mostly skill guys).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back