Jacurri Browns future (video)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Didn't watch but he should transfer. I like him. But really he's just being strung along and it's no good for him.

1000000729.gif

Didn't watch but he should transfer. I like him. But really he's just being strung along and it's no good for him.

View attachment 286366
He's not being strung along. He is what he is to this point, a QB3 or 4 who is very athletic but doesn't possess some of the fundamental QB requirements. He absolutely should transfer to a mediocre or lower G5 program or even a FCS if he insists on being a QB and wants to start. If he wants any chance to move on to the next level he needs to switch positions.

Advertisement
Quite noticeable that Lashlee hasn’t tried to recruit him - have to think if Lashlee felt he could use his skill set Curri would’ve been gone. Ditto for Manny Diaz at Duke.

He’s a Cane and he’s endeared for staying and helping us get through the Rutgers game - simply just has more talent ahead of him that can do what the OC/QB needs in the offense.

He's not being strung along. He is what he is to this point, a QB3 or 4 who is very athletic but doesn't possess some of the fundamental QB requirements. He absolutely should transfer to a mediocre or lower G5 program or even a FCS if he insists on being a QB and wants to start. If he wants any chance to move on to the next level he needs to switch positions.
I wonder how much redshirting this past season and refusing to be used as a gimmick QB (think Tebow his frosh season at UF) hurt him.

By taking not being an option during the season, he provided Emory an opportunity. I have to imagine that if JB was available every week Dawson would have found a niche in each week's gameplan to utilize what JB offers as a player. Eventually, Dawson may have grown more comfortable (developed trust) adding more to JB's plate.

While I commend JB for making the mature decision of redshirting so he could focus on his development as a passer, I think that decision may have ultimately led him to be the odd man out.

Advertisement
Where are all the hot takes that JB is just being held down by THE MAN and that he's actually really good as QB?

I miss those.
They'll be back. It's not the off-season if there aren't dozens of conspiracy posts wherein coaches try to hamstring themselves and the team for... reasons.

Advertisement
I know a team who’s needing a WR1. Doesn’t even have to travel far or worry about credits transferring.

Advertisement
Is he that athletic. He’s fast, but never seemed to make guys miss and his vision running was suspect. I like him as a kid and hope for the best but if he was an elite athlete he’d have special packages for him and I don’t see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back