Highlights Jacurri Brown on Podcast

How could JB be developed if he is 3rd string and opts for a shirt?

1s and 2s get the reps. 3s and lower don’t get reps. It’s that simple.

If he doesn’t want to get labeled as a runner then he needs to throw better.

People get way to caught up in the bull****. Is UGA or Clemsons 3rd sting QB going on a podcast? Regardless of what he said, his interview should have never happened. Miami always has to have some drama.
Some good points.

I’ve chimed in several times during the casual and not so casual debates about the wretched QB situation around here. Lots of conjecture mixed in with some fact.

The fact is TVD contributed a great deal to his uneven time here. Some of that was born from injury but much of it wasn’t. He did lose too much of the locker room and the confidence of the staff. The majority of that was on him and went beyond just his performance on field.

I’ve mentioned my opinion on JB which is consistent with some others. He’s an outstanding young man who has a great chance of succeeding in life. But let’s take a step back and look at it from an objective football perspective.

A year two QB is sitting behind a veteran who’s showed flashes of brilliance, but overall has been injury prone, very uneven, and is seen by many as having one foot in and one foot out of the program. Not only does this 2nd year QB not live at the facility, but he also, and I’ll try to put this as respectfully as possible, takes a step back and throws zero pushback at the idea of being QB3 for the year. QB3 behind the uncommitted QB1 and a true frosh who just so happens to be obsessed with the game and exhibits this obsession by the amount of time he does spend at the facility working on his craft. This is not conjecture but 100% fact. I can say unequivocally this has and will sit with the staff until he moves on to his next destination.

I would love to have 4 potential QB1’s on the roster and let the battle sort itself out. The reality is, and hopefully for him it’s rooted in immaturity and youthfulness, he had his best opportunity to take the reins or at least make a case this past season and it went just the opposite. Mediocrity has been served up in droves for years here and somehow someway people are ardently advocating to hand the keys of the program over to all described above. Makes a rational and logical mind wonder why that is…

Advertisement
in one game the kid looked way better than Emory. Dawson is *** for not knowing what to do with him after TVD fell off a cliff.

I knew Dawson was *** when NC State shut us down running the same safety blitz over and over.
Watch the interview

Is this all much ado about nothing? I'm trying to glean together a cliff's notes version of this interview by reading posts here but this discussion is all over the place and I still don't know exactly what happened. I tried to listen to the pod cast but it's just three guys having uninteresting conversation for like 10 minutes and I couldn't make it further. Is there actually something inflammatory or interesting there that I just didn't make it to?

Is this all much ado about nothing? I'm trying to glean together a cliff's notes version of this interview by reading posts here but this discussion is all over the place and I still don't know exactly what happened. I tried to listen to the pod cast but it's just three guys having uninteresting conversation for like 10 minutes and I couldn't make it further. Is there actually something inflammatory or interesting there that I just didn't make it to?
It’s the same **** that happens with any of these type interviews. Some breaking down every word. Countless interpretations of every sentence. Rampant speculation and conjecture.

Advertisement
It’s the same **** that happens with any of these type interviews. Some breaking down every word. Countless interpretations of every sentence. Rampant speculation and conjecture.
That's pretty much what I assumed.

Idk how JB is getting any flak for anything he said. He didn’t air out any dirty laundry or throw anyone under the bus. He talked about his situation and gave some insight on things fans would love to hear. I’m rooting for the guy.

you sound like me. JB may have been incredibly transparent about situations pertaining to a plethora of topics but the major crux of it all was seemingly airing some dirty laundry on his playing time and how TVD / Ward worked their own angles for money and maybe not much about the team. Oh and JB sounds like a stand up old school loyal team dude. BUT IDKKKKKKK Ish about Ish, soooo, maybe listen to it lol, although I won't.

Edit and not part of the podcast but thread: forgot to add, not to mess with the Rellyrell homie cuz dude might pull up on you for twisting his words! ha!

Advertisement
Why did he have to say that?

He did nothing wrong.

yes he did.

he said emory is a total dog, with a lot of skills. that's not allowed on CIS. the coaches wanted to make sure jacurri wasn't talking about things which are obviously incorrect and where he knows nothing.

the coaches clearly told him to check with CIS first, before espousing any opinions. I mean, jacurri's belief that if emory doesn't get hurt against FSU after diving for the first down, he takes the team in for the winning score, is just beyond the pale of acceptability.

Rooting for this young man and hope he carves himself out a niche. Seems like a straight up dude. Go Canes 🏈

Advertisement
It’s pretty funny to see the different interpretations of what was said. Helps pick out who the complete psychopaths on this board are.

is the cohost of this show the dude who wore 88 and always lit up the spring game?

Advertisement
i'm about 1/3 of the way through this podcast.

they are awful, it is as if you are listening to three yutes have a conversation on the phone. a better format could elicit significantly more information from the interviewee.

JB didn’t have to mention the Ward situation. This isn’t a football thing, this is a life thing. You don’t talk about another man’s money. Period. All he needed to say was…

”Cam is a great player. He’s coming here to make everyone better. I look forward to the competition and becoming a better version of myself. His, and anyone else’s, NIL situation is between him, his camp, and the NIL representation of the school”

Seems like he wants to win playing time for loyalty. I really do admire loyalty and the “want” to be a Cane but that doesn’t win games. You have to be able to make the throws and he has not done so consistently. Thats what he should be working on. Not relishing the idea of what he could be. Go make it happen by becoming obsessed with the process and the details.

His comments, though not factually wrong, create or enhance a divide in the locker room that may or may not be there to begin with. We haven’t even gotten to spring ball. Ward could come in and say “Hey boys listen, what I had to do to make as much money for me and my family as possible is not a reflection on me or you guys as a team and competitors. Now that we have that all sorted out, let’s go grind together and focus on beating the breaks off of everybody”. Thats it. And through his actions he wins over the team.

Tim Tebow came in on design run packages in 2006 as a back up to Chris Leak. When you’re really “team first” you do whatever you have to do to impact the game and win. When he had a chance to do that, he chose to say “I don’t want to be run first. I’ll just go develop”

Advertisement
Back