Highlights Jacurri Brown on Podcast

Advertisement
I would love to know what video you watched lol. The host was literally the one that mentioned the locker room thing

U know what, I apologize. U’re right; I had the podcast playing in my ear & Jacurri talked about Jud wanted a mill & the host interjected about what he heard. It was my fault, Jacurri sounded like the host in the moment, but after watching it w/ video & audio the host came in right after The Million Dollar talk.

Regardless, my original post was about the podcast reiterating my point about the Judkins situation, just thought I saw/heard Jacurri talk about it v. the host. I’ll take the L on the back & forth on who said it, but the info I relayed was well b4 this podcast & b4 Ole Miss Mods posted anything.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Gee, I wonder who said that would happen last spring? **** TVD. Mario was in a tough position but ****ed it up at the end by sticking with TVD.

That wasn't his mistake. He screwed up before the Bama thing by not getting a legit backup from the portal. I get that Gattis and Ponce were gone. But I don't care how you make it happen, you land a portal QB2. Then, Dawson and Mario chose not to play JB in packages the full four games that would still allow him to RS. Both decisions are rookie and inexcusable.

I think the best option by far for JB is to transfer to a G5 team where he could start and get in a ton of reps, then transfer back to Miami or go elsewhere, for 2025. I still believe he could be very good. He showed a lot of improvement from preseason to the bowl game. He needs reps.

That wasn't his mistake. He screwed up before the Bama thing by not getting a legit backup from the portal. I get that Gattis and Ponce were gone. But I don't care how you make it happen, you land a portal QB2. Then, Dawson and Mario chose not to play JB in packages the full four games that would still allow him to RS. Both decisions are rookie and inexcusable.

I think the best option by far for JB is to transfer to a G5 team where he could start and get in a ton of reps, then transfer back to Miami or go elsewhere, for 2025. I still believe he could be very good. He showed a lot of improvement from preseason to the bowl game. He needs reps.
JB said himself he didn't want run packages. Did you read any of the 25+ posts that discussed this?

Was the fsu game before or after he didn’t want to run the packages the coaches were preparing for him?
doesnt matter.....dude asked for the redshirt like in the spring and these high paid dudes didnt bring in another qb into the room with a waffling qb leveraging them....hence you see them being more proactive this year get the suny albany kid or whatever cause they f'd up last year.

Advertisement
He did throw some excellent passes, very accurate, that would be classified as dimes. BUT the consistency wasn't there ... yet. Give the kid live fire reps and his upside is interesting.
Disagree. lol He barely threw outside of 10 yards and was saved by his receivers at times. He also threw to the ground several times.

Last edited:
JB said himself he didn't want run packages. Did you read any of the 25+ posts that discussed this?

I listened to the interview and heard him say that. But I took it to mean he didn't want to trot out there for designed runs and gimmicks. When I say package I don't mean that, I mean plays schemed up for a legit P4 QB, ones he'd be expected to execute regularly in 2024 and beyond, just far fewer of them so he can get lots of reps perfecting them in practice.

As far as reading posts, guilty. I skip through posts by posters I don't recognize or consider incompetent.

I listened to the interview and heard him say that. But I took it to mean he didn't want to trot out there for designed runs and gimmicks. When I say package I don't mean that, I mean plays schemed up for a legit P4 QB, ones he'd be expected to execute regularly in 2024 and beyond, just far fewer of them so he can get lots of reps perfecting them in practice.

As far as reading posts, guilty. I skip through posts by posters I don't recognize or consider incompetent.
THAT is exactly what he was saying. Based on his conversations with Dawson he believed the ONLY 'packages' they were going to use him for were the obvious 'here comes the wildcat RB' situations and they weren't going to give him any legit QB reps where he would make decisions to either throw or run. He said he would rather be the scout team QB ... and get a chance to work on my passing game to improve.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Did you see Emory’s arm?? Coaches should have told him no and developed his tools. JB was getting out of trouble and throwing dimes in the bowl game. Made me question Dawson even more than I already was.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Disagree. lol He barely threw outside of 10 yards and was saved by his receivers at times. He also threw to the ground several times.
100% He was throwing 10 yard out patterns and when he tried to throw into the middle of the field it was either intercepted or it hit the ground before it got to the WR. Listen JB is a good kid but if we want to "BE BACK" JB isn't going to lead us there and if you think he is well get your eyes checked.

There's a big difference between TVD using Bama as leverage and Cam using the draft as leverage. That difference is that TVD was an established member of the team and that locker room where Cam was trying to negotiate to become part of the team. I understand and appreciate the crucial importance of having a unified locker room but I don't think that Cam crossed a line that would put him at odds with the team. First off the players know what the game is and they won't begrudge a highly sought after, experienced and very productive player like Cam. There's a difference between playing the game by the rules in order to get a better payday and being a primadonna who is a distraction and puts himself above the team.

I'll give an example. Let's say that Jeremiah Smith had decided to stay in Miami after UM topped Taints last offer. Would our players treat him differently? No I don't think so. Plus with more and more elite HS recruits on the receiving end of these huge NIL deals it's becoming commonplace.
This. The only reason I think of that Cam and his NFL draft decision was even brought up was because it adversely affected Jacurri’s goal of being QB1 here.

Huge difference between what Ward did and what TVD did - one guy was a player for UM and the other was a recruit.

CIS locker room is split on this one - and I’m on side that he was WRONG for even speaking about the Cam Ward recruitment, as it isn’t any of your business. Not a fan of this young man anymore - because this type of thing is what fractures locker rooms - 1000% hope to see him portaling out after spring if not immediately.

Advertisement
Back