Highlights Jacurri Brown on Podcast

Advertisement
By the reactions of this u all should take a different approach before forming an opinion on players lol. We probably will never know anything outside of surface level stuff

Also kids gonna have to mature really fast nowadays man with this new era of college football. It’s so much money being thrown around it’s almost inevitable that kids that commit to a school out of high school and work hard at that place are gonna look at transfers sideways because most of them going to the highest bidder and basically taking there spot.

Gonna be alot of emotions mixed with business and that’s never a good thing

Many people have voiced these same concerns. Just validating locker room dynamics are real and Cam playing games will be viewed a certain way. He better ball!
There's a big difference between TVD using Bama as leverage and Cam using the draft as leverage. That difference is that TVD was an established member of the team and that locker room where Cam was trying to negotiate to become part of the team. I understand and appreciate the crucial importance of having a unified locker room but I don't think that Cam crossed a line that would put him at odds with the team. First off the players know what the game is and they won't begrudge a highly sought after, experienced and very productive player like Cam. There's a difference between playing the game by the rules in order to get a better payday and being a primadonna who is a distraction and puts himself above the team.

I'll give an example. Let's say that Jeremiah Smith had decided to stay in Miami after UM topped Taints last offer. Would our players treat him differently? No I don't think so. Plus with more and more elite HS recruits on the receiving end of these huge NIL deals it's becoming commonplace.

Couple of things.

-JB is super well spoken.
-100% transparent and honest (maybe too honest)
-Is level headed, long term thinking and all about football.
-this kid is old school.

I understand according to those in the know that he might not be ready for a full time starting role. But I’m rooting for him in 2025.

Advertisement
I told this board that Judkins went into the portal not b/c of NIL, but he was being a diva in the locker room & it became contentious.

Jacurri just reiterated what I said in this podcast.
Jaccuri didn’t reiterated nothing lol. The podca at host repeated the same rumors the ole miss mods put out there. Only thing Jacurri said was Judkins wanted a Mil and got it at OSU from what he heard

There's a big difference between TVD using Bama as leverage and Cam using the draft as leverage. That difference is that TVD was an established member of the team and that locker room where Cam was trying to negotiate to become part of the team. I understand and appreciate the crucial importance of having a unified locker room but I don't think that Cam crossed a line that would put him at odds with the team. First off the players know what the game is and they won't begrudge a highly sought after, experienced and very productive player like Cam. There's a difference between playing the game by the rules in order to get a better payday and being a primadonna who is a distraction and puts himself above the team.

I'll give an example. Let's say that Jeremiah Smith had decided to stay in Miami after UM topped Taints last offer. Would our players treat him differently? No I don't think so. Plus with more and more elite HS recruits on the receiving end of these huge NIL deals it's becoming commonplace.
you can justify what you believe any way you want.

Advertisement
Jacurri talked about volunteering for scout team because he was standing around not being developed. I am glad he stayed, but most QB's would portal in that situation.

The level of refining and development J. Brown needs requires outside coaching 4-5x a times a week for the next 12-18 months.

He’s never going to get the number of reps he needs to fix the fundamental flaws in his mechanics in a college practice.

There isn’t enough time to do that.

you can justify what you believe any way you want.
That's an interesting reaction. I'm not trying to justify anything. I was just giving an opinion based on what I have heard and what I know of the situation. Why don't you tell me what your opinion is as I would be interested in hearing it. The ironic thing about my post above was that while this was going on I made a post stating that we should move on because I felt that the way he was going about things could be cancerous to our locker room.

Above I am trying to articulate the distinction between TVD flirting with Alabama and Cam flirting with the NFL in the context of the interview with Jacurri Brown who is a fine young man BTW. I just don't think that Cam's negotiating tactics will sour the locker room on him for the reasons I gave above. Now that opinion is subject to change as I gain a more informed perspective of the situation. I could be right here but I've certainly lived long enough to know that I could easily be wrong. I'm always open to a good discussion. What say you my friend?

He can work on the accuracy and work on reading defenses. He can learn from Ward. Ward has been where he is.

I would ask Ward to recommend who he’s been working with as a QB corch.

I know that QB Country has been around the program via TVD, but I’m sure that’s still the case.

in one game the kid looked way better than Emory. Dawson is *** for not knowing what to do with him after TVD fell off a cliff.

I knew Dawson was *** when NC State shut us down running the same safety blitz over and over.
He was prepared because he took all the reps for the bowl game! It's a reason he asked for a redshirt!

Advertisement
Did people listen to the interview? He asked to be redshirted because he didn’t want to be used as a gadget run QB in the red zone and burn a year. Sounds like dawson and Mario had a plan to use him, but not as a passer. He wanted to focus on his passing development. Probably the smartest thing he ever did was asking to play scout. Only way you get better is by actually getting reps.

I hope he continues to tough it out, love having his old school mentality in the locker room

Advertisement
Did people listen to the interview? He asked to be redshirted because he didn’t want to be used as a gadget run QB in the red zone and burn a year. Sounds like dawson and Mario had a plan to use him, but not as a passer. He wanted to focus on his passing development. Probably the smartest thing he ever did was asking to play scout. Only way you get better is by actually getting reps.

I hope he continues to tough it out, love having his old school mentality in the locker room
Getting reps is important, but running scout team isn't going to develop anyone at QB. Typically, there's a GA who holds up a card to tell the scout team what they are doing (x runs this route, RB blocks this way, QB throws to Y). Maybe if someone is paying attention to the guy's mechanics, then they'll chime in to let the kid know how to fix the issue, but the focus during scout team is prepping the starters and backups for that week's game.

Brown would have been better off being a part of the weekly game plans rather than redshirting. He would have been giving much more direct coaching in preparation for each game while also having tape to learn from (watching himself reading the defense than someone else).

The only way Brown would develop better QB mechanics during the season was if he used his downtime to work with a private QB coach (not Rosier) to clean up his issues.

Advertisement
Back