Jacurri Brown gaining steam as '22 QB

All I know is that Brown sounds like a good kid in the interviews I have heard and looks like the type of QB that always gives us fits.
Would be nice to see a Dual threat QB like him in our System beating up on opponents for a change.

High character kid that will end up ~225lbs and runs like that? Worth a chance after taking Garcia and TVD the last few classes. I like having a diversity of skill sets at all positions.

Advertisement
I see a bigger Nick Marshall for the comp. Even if he can only get to the mid 50’s % completion wise that should be good enough to win 90% of our games with how talented he is as a runner

Advertisement
That’s why I always ride with accuracy. I’m not against the take but I’ve seen this movie a lot over the years. It normally doesn’t end well for guys with low completion percentages. In today’s offenses there’s no reason to have a low completion percentage. The reads are easier, fewer to make , a lot pre determined with a bunch of short screens or flat throws. It’s definitely a red flag. Maybe him being so big , physical and fast is why Lashlee likes him so much , he likes to use qb’s like a Rb. We’ll see.
He seems like the type of QB that Dan Mullet likes.

A5BFD45C-8221-423B-B1DD-3540EBBA03F9.gif

Advertisement
Boy got a huge chip on his shoulder. Young says he sees the narrative.

“I was a little bit surprised [I got the invite], but I kind of went in there with a chip on my shoulder," Brown said. "I bust my *** every week and every Friday for my team. I do what I got to do to win and I still get that, ‘Oh he can’t throw’ and yada yada yada. That's bullcrap. Just going [into the Elite 11] where there’s no pads and you can’t run, I mean if I got an invite, that means they think I can throw, at least a little bit. That’s another just kudos to me for my mindset. I'm just going in there with a chip on my shoulder and going at every guy there. I mean no disrespect to anybody, but I’m coming for everybody."

Advertisement
Boy got a huge chip on his shoulder. Young says he sees the narrative.

“I was a little bit surprised [I got the invite], but I kind of went in there with a chip on my shoulder," Brown said. "I bust my *** every week and every Friday for my team. I do what I got to do to win and I still get that, ‘Oh he can’t throw’ and yada yada yada. That's bullcrap. Just going [into the Elite 11] where there’s no pads and you can’t run, I mean if I got an invite, that means they think I can throw, at least a little bit. That’s another just kudos to me for my mindset. I'm just going in there with a chip on my shoulder and going at every guy there. I mean no disrespect to anybody, but I’m coming for everybody."

I like that and I also like that he knows he needs to get better.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back