Jacurri Brown gaining steam as '22 QB

Advertisement
The buffalo bills qb

Get ready to hear a million reasons why we should not compare Josh Allen to any human on the planet.

Bottom line, if the kid wants to make the change, will work hard to make the change, and will risk the alteration of mechanics necessary to make the change, then it is absolutely possible to improve completion percentage.

Many QBs, though, are hesitant to put that kind of work in, and/or are unwilling to change the mechanics that got them to the point where they currently are.

Advertisement
Get ready to hear a million reasons why we should not compare Josh Allen to any human on the planet.

Bottom line, if the kid wants to make the change, will work hard to make the change, and will risk the alteration of mechanics necessary to make the change, then it is absolutely possible to improve completion percentage.

Many QBs, though, are hesitant to put that kind of work in, and/or are unwilling to change the mechanics that got them to the point where they currently are.
No one is saying it's impossible, is the thing. The question in recruiting is whether it's a good bet.

No one is saying it's impossible, is the thing. The question in recruiting is whether it's a good bet.

No, there are plenty of people saying we should not even make the attempt, without having any personal knowledge of the kid or his mindset.

Look, I am not some sort of "trust the coaches" advocate. But Lashlee has been recruiting him, and I'm sure he can read a stat sheet. If Lashlee has talked with the kid and feels he will do the work to make the improvements, then I'm not going to substitute some porster's "look at the stats" analysis for Lashlee's evaluation.

Maybe it will work, maybe it will not, and maybe Lashlee won't be around to see the final product. But I have a bit more faith in Lashlee's assessment of Jacurri's coachability than I have in porsters who just read a stat line.

You want a "good bet", go down to Vegas and wager on some games.

QB recruiting out of high school has become somewhat insignificant with all the transferring

You really just need to sign a guy every year who has some potential and skills and throw him in the QB room.

Then through competition you see if he can emerge within a year or 2. If not you go portal or hope a signee from the year or two before emerges as your guy for 2-3 years (ie. TVD or Garcia)

Last edited:
If TVD emerges as the clear favorite to take over after King (2022 & 2023), you gotta think Garcia and maybe even Brown (if we sign him) will transfer

Then you’re looking for your next guy from the portal or 2023 class to take over after TVD in 2024

Advertisement
If TVD emerges as the clear favorite to take over after King (2022 & 2023), you gotta think Garcia and maybe even Brown (if we sign him) will transfer

Then you’re looking for your next guy from the portal or 2023 class to take over after TVD in 2024
For argument's sake, lets say TVD is the guy, when Brown is in campus TVD will already be 3 years removed from HS. His first year starting would be his 3rd in the program and Brown would be a back-up or redshirt. I could see Garcia leaving but Brown wouldn't be sitting forever behind TVD.

No, there are plenty of people saying we should not even make the attempt, without having any personal knowledge of the kid or his mindset.

Look, I am not some sort of "trust the coaches" advocate. But Lashlee has been recruiting him, and I'm sure he can read a stat sheet. If Lashlee has talked with the kid and feels he will do the work to make the improvements, then I'm not going to substitute some porster's "look at the stats" analysis for Lashlee's evaluation.

Maybe it will work, maybe it will not, and maybe Lashlee won't be around to see the final product. But I have a bit more faith in Lashlee's assessment of Jacurri's coachability than I have in porsters who just read a stat line.

You want a "good bet", go down to Vegas and wager on some games.
We’re talking by each other. I already said I like him as an athlete with upside as a QB. I just think the discussion is reasonable. As a QB, his potential upside is high but he’s risky. Our staff hasn’t proven it’s good at evaluating QBs, but even if it had it’s reasonable for fans to debate this stuff. I don’t mind them recruiting him but I definitely don’t think our staff has earned the benefit of the doubt on QB evals. Also, the eval discussions on this and other boards are often insightful and get at key issues. That’s what makes the board interesting. You’re free to put your trust in the staff but why disagree with people who express independent views. Time will tell. We don’t even know if he’ll come here.

Fck off and don't worry about what I'm doing because I don't give a **** about you and what you're doing! How's that for simpler! Few other things I'd like to say to you, but my son and his teams are on this site everyday!
Whoa, a little unhinged!!! That was just sarcasm! Honestly didn’t read anything you wrote. Was actually joking with the “Hypotenuse” meme someone posted. I hope you don’t react this way around your kids? Or else the “Holistic” approach isn’t working.

We’re talking by each other. I already said I like him as an athlete with upside as a QB. I just think the discussion is reasonable. As a QB, his potential upside is high but he’s risky. Our staff hasn’t proven it’s good at evaluating QBs, but even if it had it’s reasonable for fans to debate this stuff. I don’t mind them recruiting him but I definitely don’t think our staff has earned the benefit of the doubt on QB evals. Also, the eval discussions on this and other boards are often insightful and get at key issues. That’s what makes the board interesting. You’re free to put your trust in the staff but why disagree with people who express independent views. Time will tell. We don’t even know if he’ll come here.

No, we're not "talking by each other". I'm talking, while you are talking by me. I specifically said I didn't "trust the staff", but you insisted on telling me that I'm free to put my "trust in the staff".

Nor am I "disagreeing" with "people who express independent views". Never once did I say "no, he is actually not inaccurate, he is accurate".

Finally, I didn't call you out specifically. It doesn't take a lot of effort to find plenty of examples of other porsters criticizing Jacurri over ONE trait, his completion percentage, and calling for us to sign another QB.

Someone asked for an example of a QB who raised his completion percentage. Examples have been given, including one very prominent recent example. I simply joked that it would not be long until someone tries to take Josh Allen out of the comparison.

Again, people forget, the last time this kid was getting coached-up in a non-Covid scenario was 15-16 months ago. There haven't been many camps or 7-on-7s or other opportunities for anyone to get additional coaching or to compete against top-level peers. Jacurri hasn't even been in high school for 3 full years yet, so half of his entire HS career has been impacted by Covid limitations. That is NOT an excuse, it is merely an observation that maybe, just maybe, the kid can make significant strides with some extra coaching and hard work.

I'm not "all-in" on Jacurri and I'm not a Jacurri-hater. I don't fully trust the staff, but I know I don't have access to the same info they do. I'm just not a big fan of burying a HS junior over stats.

Advertisement
Whoa, a little unhinged!!! That was just sarcasm! Honestly didn’t read anything you wrote. Was actually joking with the “Hypotenuse” meme someone posted. I hope you don’t react this way around your kids? Or else the “Holistic” approach isn’t working.
Out of respect to my son, his teammates and their parents I'm done. You messaged me. I was minding my business. Just know keyboard tough guy it would be a totally different outcome if I was standing in front of you. I don't like your type. Don't **** with me!

Out of respect to my son, his teammates and their parents I'm done. You messaged me. I was minding my business. Just know keyboard tough guy it would be a totally different outcome if I was standing in front of you. I don't like your type. Don't **** with me!
Dude, you’re funny. Nothing I said intimated “Tough Guy”. You on the other hand is just full of rage! I made a light-hearted reply and you got totally unhinged over Nothing! I didn’t personally message you, that would be a PM. I responded to your post on a message board, like other civil posters do. Have a Good day Sir, aren’t you a little embarrassed by your reactions though?

Advertisement
No, we're not "talking by each other". I'm talking, while you are talking by me. I specifically said I didn't "trust the staff", but you insisted on telling me that I'm free to put my "trust in the staff".

Nor am I "disagreeing" with "people who express independent views". Never once did I say "no, he is actually not inaccurate, he is accurate".

Finally, I didn't call you out specifically. It doesn't take a lot of effort to find plenty of examples of other porsters criticizing Jacurri over ONE trait, his completion percentage, and calling for us to sign another QB.

Someone asked for an example of a QB who raised his completion percentage. Examples have been given, including one very prominent recent example. I simply joked that it would not be long until someone tries to take Josh Allen out of the comparison.

Again, people forget, the last time this kid was getting coached-up in a non-Covid scenario was 15-16 months ago. There haven't been many camps or 7-on-7s or other opportunities for anyone to get additional coaching or to compete against top-level peers. Jacurri hasn't even been in high school for 3 full years yet, so half of his entire HS career has been impacted by Covid limitations. That is NOT an excuse, it is merely an observation that maybe, just maybe, the kid can make significant strides with some extra coaching and hard work.

I'm not "all-in" on Jacurri and I'm not a Jacurri-hater. I don't fully trust the staff, but I know I don't have access to the same info they do. I'm just not a big fan of burying a HS junior over stats.
If you’re this defensive when someone more or less agrees with you, lol.

”I have a bit more faith in Lashlee's assessment of Jacurri's coachability than I have in porsters who just read a stat line.”

No worries bro. It’s okay.

All I know is that Brown sounds like a good kid in the interviews I have heard and looks like the type of QB that always gives us fits.
Would be nice to see a Dual threat QB like him in our System beating up on opponents for a change.

Advertisement
Back