Jacurri Brown gaining steam as '22 QB

Advertisement
Coaches have huge egos, they always think they can fix a guy.

I dont have a huge ego but ... we have young officers on our dept that need development + training and we pride ourselves on being able to develop them. I think you gotta be able to sell guys on that though.

However i do agree the completion percentage is something that needs to be looked at closely

That’s why I always ride with accuracy. I’m not against the take but I’ve seen this movie a lot over the years. It normally doesn’t end well for guys with low completion percentages. In today’s offenses there’s no reason to have a low completion percentage. The reads are easier, fewer to make , a lot pre determined with a bunch of short screens or flat throws. It’s definitely a red flag. Maybe him being so big , physical and fast is why Lashlee likes him so much , he likes to use qb’s like a Rb. We’ll see.
I'm not sure I can think of any qb who went from inaccurate to elite. But I'm old and my memory ain't good anymore.

That said, I'd take Brown as an athlete, and let him compete at QB. That guy can be elite somewhere.

I hear you, but if I’m not mistaken, Lamar Jackson threw a bunch of pics at Boynton his Sr year. I can remember some people thinking he would make a great WR or TE.
Jackson may be an exception except IMO there's a big difference between picks and inaccuracy. Picks aren't necessarily 'inaccuracy.' You can be accurate and make bad decisions in coverage or scrambling where you should have avoided the throw. You can teach a guy to take fewer risks and avoid certain types of throws. That's different from teaching him accuracy as a general matter. Again, not talking abotu Jackson particularly.

Advertisement
I'm not sure I can think of any qb who went from inaccurate to elite. But I'm old and my memory ain't good anymore.

That said, I'd take Brown as an athlete, and let him compete at QB. That guy can be elite somewhere.
The spread offenses can camo accuracy to a degree. But accuracy is and will always be the one constant in a good/great qb. In college you can scheme around it like Pat White but all the guys with accuracy issues that were good college qb’s were generational type athletes. Maybe that’s how Lashlee sees him, use his really hood athletic ability to open throwing windows.

Jackson may be an exception except IMO there's a big difference between picks and inaccuracy. Picks aren't necessarily 'inaccuracy.' You can be accurate and make bad decisions in coverage or scrambling where you should have avoided the throw. You can teach a guy to take fewer risks and avoid certain types of throws. That's different from teaching him accuracy as a general matter. Again, not talking abotu Jackson particularly.
Lamar can thrown short intermediate throws with pretty good accuracy , deep ball is ok too. His issue is and will continue to be outside the hashes. He’s terrible and defenses sit on that. That’s why it’s either a run, zone read, a short throw to a te or a deep shot. It’s a high school offense that uses his once a generation athletic ability to cover up his major flaw. Like you said “ he’s the exception”. At least at the pro level.

That’s why I always ride with accuracy. I’m not against the take but I’ve seen this movie a lot over the years. It normally doesn’t end well for guys with low completion percentages. In today’s offenses there’s no reason to have a low completion percentage. The reads are easier, fewer to make , a lot pre determined with a bunch of short screens or flat throws. It’s definitely a red flag. Maybe him being so big , physical and fast is why Lashlee likes him so much , he likes to use qb’s like a Rb. We’ll see.
Samesies.

Funny thing is Lashlee won’t even be around by the time this dude is ready to take some snaps if he ever is.

Advertisement
I wonder if Lashlee sees things he can improve and work on with him. The ideal thing is to have him come in and learn the system while working on his weaknesses.
The weakness of inaccuracy is something that rarely gets fixed. Coaches fall in love with measurables all the time just like fans do.

This dude has a lot going for him. But if he can’t get complete passes he’s going to struggle at this level of football.

The weakness of inaccuracy is something that rarely gets fixed. Coaches fall in love with measurables all the time just like fans do.

This dude has a lot going for him. But if he can’t get complete passes he’s going to struggle at this level of football.

Agree 100% with that.

Id love to take 2 QB every cycle if you could also

Most people understand this is an upside bet. Lamar Jackson’s completion percentage was 43% as a junior. Jacurri probably won’t turn out like Lamar. But if anyone is going make that kind of leap, it’s going to be someone with height, natural arm talent and home-run speed.

To me, it comes down to character. If you believe Jacurri’s intangibles are as advertised, take the upside and recruit another QB next year. You need difference-makers to win championships and this guy at least has a chance.

Advertisement
Advertisement
TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK OF MJ MORRIS. HE LOOKS LIKE THE TRUTH TO ME.

Would’ve been much simpler had you used an “Hypotenuse”!
Fck off and don't worry about what I'm doing because I don't give a **** about you and what you're doing! How's that for simpler! Few other things I'd like to say to you, but my son and his teams are on this site everyday!

I think I know why he struggles with accuracy, he can't see because his hat's too low.

Ewhs0GaXIAUu8Fk

Advertisement
Back