Jacurri Brown gaining steam as '22 QB

Advertisement
That's actually a poor throw tbh he throws his wr out of bounds instead of leading him for an easy walk in touchdown
Maybe it had to with throwing off his back foot because of pressure...which would’ve made inaccurate...

#TheMoreYouKnow

No matter what anyone tries to say, that was a horrible pass. You can hype him up all you want but saying we haven't had a qb be able to make that throw is asinine. We've had walk ons capable of making that throw. A lob 30 yards down field is not showing one iota of arm strength. Showing arm strength is throwing the 15 yard out from the far hash on a rope to a spot only your wr has a play on
Of course it’s inaccurate. He threw off his back foot because of pressure.

Why does it seems I’m the one one that noticed that?

Of course it’s inaccurate. He threw off his back foot because of pressure.

Why does it seems I’m the one one that noticed that?
You think he's always gonna have a clean ******* pocket to make the throw? I don't know why you think it's such a great throw. Has our terrible qb play really distorted your thinking that much? Backfoot throw or not he needs to put the ball down field and not out of bounds. So once again IT IS A POOR THROW

Advertisement
You think he's always gonna have a clean ******* pocket to make the throw? I don't know why you think it's such a great throw. Has our terrible qb play really distorted your thinking that much? Backfoot throw or not he needs to put the ball down field and not out of bounds. So once again IT IS A POOR THROW
Correct me if I’m wrong but on that hash mark making that throw the ball travels roughly fifty or sixty yards off his back foot with pressure in his face. Obviously you’d like it to be more accurate but he did put the ball somewhere only his receiver had a spot to make a play on it. An NFL guy like Mahomes or Watson or Wilson probably hits him on the run for a TD but this is a HS kid. The whole point is you can’t teach arm talent like that.

Correct me if I’m wrong but on that hash mark making that throw the ball travels roughly fifty or sixty yards off his back foot with pressure in his face. Obviously you’d like it to be more accurate but he did put the ball somewhere only his receiver had a spot to make a play on it. An NFL guy like Mahomes or Watson or Wilson probably hits him on the run for a TD but this is a HS kid. The whole point is you can’t teach arm talent like that.
You think that ball was thrown 50-60 yards? Are you blind or just in the mood to make things up?

You think that ball was thrown 50-60 yards? Are you blind or just in the mood to make things up?
It traveled 50 or 60 total yards. 6-7 yards separating the hash marks, and from hash mark to sideline is roughly 23 yards. Throw was thirty yards down field plus had to cover thirty yards distance from hash to sideline. Roughly 50-60 yards.

Advertisement
Get your eyes checked buddy
So you just decided you're not going to account for the yards it covered from the hash mark to the sideline the ball traveled? Lol He's standing on the left hash and throws the ball in the air to just about the 20 right on the sideline. It's like you'd rather be argumentative than accept the facts.

Just waiting for someone to reference the hypotenuse when calculating a nice throw lol. This throw has gotten 10x times as many posts about it as it should.

Good throw. Great PLAY.

But not sure why people are fixated on it.

Last edited:
So you just decided you're not going to account for the yards it covered from the hash mark to the sideline the ball traveled? Lol He's standing on the left hash and throws the ball in the air to just about the 20 right on the sideline. It's like you'd rather be argumentative than accept the facts.
I have accounted for that distance and at best he throws the ball 45 yards. You guys are trying to see things you want rather than the truth because he us trending to us. I'm not discrediting his potential, rather I'm stating facts about a poor throw because I'm not ******* blind

Advertisement
I have accounted for that distance and at best he throws the ball 45 yards. You guys are trying to see things you want rather than the truth because he us trending to us. I'm not discrediting his potential, rather I'm stating facts about a poor throw because I'm not ******* blind
Again the point isn't that this was a pin point accurate ball. It was that a HS kid, with pressure in his face, off his back foot was able to get the ball to the receiver. Accuracy isn't what the original point was about, it was arm talent. No matter what you think about his accuracy, there are not many HS qb's making that kind of throw.

I made some notes from the game I clipped and here are some of the excerpts:

• TD drop (on another fake bubble vert that he placed outside shoulder)
  • 3rd+long deep dig PI no-call on a well-placed ball. WR played small at the catch point
  • half-roll whip route - again ball placed away from defender but WR failed to adjust
  • near red zone quick setup+delivery vs blitz throws perfect ball outside shoulder to HBack wheel but dropped
  • perfect touch go ball broken up as WR played soft at catch point
So 5 plays that should have been big completions in 1 game where he maybe threw the ball 15-20 times. Then you add in the throwaway where he evaded the rush on a 1-man route concept that was covered and it's easy to see why his stats are underwhelming. Then you see him turn a play where 4 free rushers have him dead to rights in the backfield into a ~3yd gain, or runs where defenders bounce off him as he explodes into daylight...and yeah that's a special talent.
Sounds like kid is already accustomed to playing with Pope and Wiggins on the outside

Havent had much time to read this thread so I went back 5 pages and now I see people debating arguing whatever you want to call it because of 1 clip?... i mean i get it if his entire 8 min highlight reel was throws like that, but its one clip...

Advertisement

Well, now, let's not take tdub's word for it...let's use MATH. Let's use the motherfvcking Pythagorean Theorem.

Soooo...

Ball was thrown from the 45 yardline. It crossed midfield and was caught at around the 22 yard line. If it had hit the ground, it would have landed at the 20, so for MATH purposes, and to make the math simple, let's say the ball travelled downfield 35 yards.

And then, the ball was thrown from the far hashmark to the opposite sidelines. A football field is 160 feet wide. High school hashmarks are 53 feet, 4 inches apart. Which means that the (collective) distance outside the hashmarks is 106 feet, 8 inches, which is 54 feet, 4 inches from each sideline to each hashmark. Which means that the distance from the far hashmark to the opposite sideline is 105 feet, 8 inches. Or, in yards, 35 yards.

And I think you see where I'm going here.

A 45-45-90 right triangle with each of the two legs being equal (each being about 35 yards) would allow you to calculate the hypotenuse (actual distance travelled by the football) by multiplying 35 times the square root of 2.

Which would come out to 49.5 yards.

So, yeah, even a blind guy could figure out that the ball was thrown about 50 yards in the air.

It traveled 50 or 60 total yards. 6-7 yards separating the hash marks, and from hash mark to sideline is roughly 23 yards. Throw was thirty yards down field plus had to cover thirty yards distance from hash to sideline. Roughly 50-60 yards.

In a college field the hash marks are 20 yards from the near sideline and 40 feet apart. So from the far hash mark to the sideline is 100 feet, which I'll round down to 33 yards. The video shows the ball travels about 31 yards downfield in a straight line. Reaching back for to my geometry class (thank you Pythagoras), and we can calculate that throw to be just over 45 yards in the air. For a HS junior. Off his back foot. With a dude in his face. Towards the sideline where a pick was less likely.

EDIT: @TheOriginalCane is correct with those high school hash marks being further apart than in college. Result is pretty close... just under 50 yards in the air.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back