Jacurri Brown gaining steam as '22 QB

Advertisement
Do they actually get to keep the points in the rankings boost from his last commit and add them back in a second time if he re-commits? Will he get a gaytor Brand bump?

They can only count Gilbert twice if he blueshirts. Class of 2021 for the verbal, Class of 2022 for the IC. It's Gaytor Logo Brand Nation Mathz.

Advertisement
Quite? How a ton. Especially with no pressure. Thankful he has no chance to start here for at least 3 yrs.
I mean he did well enough to get a finals invite, also he is still a junior has a year to improve and I believe his HC said something like his old offense only really asked him to run and now he is being tasked with more throws. I also wonder if he was trying to correct things as it was happening. Kind of like golf, usually not advised to try and tweak your swing on the course.

However, some of those short hop throws were bad, like I had flashbacks to Malik skipping balls in spring camp with no rush.

However however, I am fine sprinkling a project kid here and there that does not expect to start right away just to build depth and have like a mac jones potential impact if only for a year or so.

Few of those were rolling to his weak side and not getting his hips around. You can coach that. He actually took the coaching on one where he missed the first throw, second time he got his hips around and made the throw.

Yeah, I am not a QB expert but even I could see he wasn't resetting his base before he threw a lot of those balls. Coaching + scheme + repetition and with his natural tools a lot of these accuracy issues can be cleaned up. He's definitely a high upside recruit at QB.

Advertisement
His release looks nice. It seems he can throttle down his velocity which is good to see. Put some touch on the ball. The tools are great. But we don’t want a joe Milton situation either. I think he’d be a good take. If he got invited to the finals clearly he has some talent as a passer

I think he can be molded in to something special. But it isn't going to happen in the first year and maybe not the second. Question is will he stay and take the coaching instead of bolting to the transfer portal at the first sign of competition or not getting the starting job.

Advertisement
I wonder if Lowndes has talent on the outside. Usually guys with accuracy issues stink it up at camps like ****kowski and Jones did but he does pretty well at camps. He definitely needs to clean up his mechanics and is raw but I don’t see a guy that just over/under throws everybody all the time.

Advertisement
He’s raw but throws it effortlessly. He’s going to need work on fundamentals
That's why the coaches make the big bucks. Bring the kid in and go to work on mindset and fundamentals right away. I think more pressure should be put on position coaches to do their jobs.

The young man possesses the skill set to be a successful QB at Miami. Now develop them.

Advertisement
Back