Jacurri Brown gaining steam as '22 QB

Advertisement
Need to stop recruiting kids who are not accurate

47% in HS?’ Cmon. That % may get a little better over time but he’ll never be a 65% or better passer

Assuming he started in the 19-20 season:

Sophomore campaign:
56% completion on 190 targets
10 TDs
6 ints
89 passing yards/g

Junior campaign:
48% completion on 184 targets
14 TDs
7 ints
128 passing yards/g

So:
1. He gotten older, but his inaccuracy actually got worst on fewer targets

2. His interception rate is at a 2:1 ratio which is not good unless u r just slanging the rock and hitting 30 TDs / 15 ints. He’s not.

3. Extremely rare that a guy who’s inaccurate in high school will develop into an accurate QB. So it don’t matter if he can launch the ball 75 Yrds, if he’s inaccurate, then what does it matter?

Imo, he’s only highly rated right now due to his size & potential. Same as Pickowski, until he continued his inaccurate tendencies & plummeted down the ranking.

I would take a hard pass on this kid. That’s just me.

I know he threw 47% last year but the kid is the goods. We should put a full court press out for him as our ‘22 QB!!!
I recall the same ppl trying to vouch for Arthur. U’re looking at size & not looking at what’s important as a QB. Dont allow highlights con u. No way we should be full pressing a kid who barely throws the ball and is inaccurate when doing so.

I recall the same ppl trying to vouch for Arthur. U’re looking at size & not looking at what’s important as a QB. Dont allow highlights con u. No way we should be full pressing a kid who barely throws the ball and is inaccurate when doing so.
Sitkowski wasn't anywhere hear the athlete this kid is. It's 1000 miles between them. Sitkowski wasn't a candidate to become a top WR or TE if QB didn't work out. He didn't run like that. And Brown has a better arm, also. I'd view Brown as an elite athlete with a change to become a great QB but put that around 25%. If he doesn't, you still have a kid who should ball out at another spot.

Advertisement
Sitkowski wasn't anywhere hear the athlete this kid is. It's 1000 miles between them. Sitkowski wasn't a candidate to become a top WR or TE if QB didn't work out. He didn't run like that. And Brown has a better arm, also. I'd view Brown as an elite athlete with a change to become a great QB but put that around 25%. If he doesn't, you still have a kid who should ball out at another spot.

OK; offer him as an athlete, not as a QB. I see TE in his future, not QB. I’m seeing posters say we should put full court as him being QB1, and that’s bull chit.

Pass...I watched a game of his last year this dude can’t throw unless he’s coming to play another position other then QB

I’d take him. Lashlee going after him tells me he has to feel confident in the direction of the QB room currently. I also wonder what true QB coaching he’s had up to this point in his career. If he’s never had a dedicated QB coach, it’s reasonable to believe he could improve under Lashlee. I truly believe with TVD and Garcia in the fold, the earliest this kid would see the field is his junior year. By then two full recruiting cycles would have passed. If he’s not cutting it bring in new blood. IMO I think Lashlee sees a Cam Newtonesque player in him. That’s absolute best case scenario, worst case you bring in another QB in ‘23 & ‘24 to compete.

OK; offer him as an athlete, not as a QB. I see TE in his future, not QB. I’m seeing posters say we should put full court as him being QB1, and that’s bull chit.
I'm not really caught up in what you call him. Just get great kids. If he wants to come as a QB, no problem. If he doesn't win the job, he'll switch. If we have a better QB prospect, that's fine too. This whole you gotta let the kid know his future is over-thinking it. They all are at risk of not winning the starting job and they all know it already.

Advertisement
I'm not really caught up in what you call him. Just get great kids. If he wants to come as a QB, no problem. If he doesn't win the job, he'll switch. If we have a better QB prospect, that's fine too. This whole you gotta let the kid know his future is over-thinking it. They all are at risk of not winning the starting job and they all know it already.

Naw bruh; U’re misunderstanding what I’m saying. What I’m saying this kid should not be QB1 on our board. Recruit him, cool; but we need to be going after other QBs as well. Ppl saying he needs to be our QB for the class of ‘22 & I’m like how? No; he & another QB can be our QB, but putting all the eggs in this one basket? Fck that chit. Not on no 47% completion. Athlete or not.

Naw bruh; U’re misunderstanding what I’m saying. What I’m saying this kid should not be QB1 on our board. Recruit him, cool; but we need to be going after other QBs as well. Ppl saying he needs to be our QB for the class of ‘22 & I’m like how? No; he & another QB can be our QB, but putting all the eggs in this one basket? Fck that chit. Not on no 47% completion. Athlete or not.
I don't understand the distinction. We need to be going at multiple top kids at every position. The mindset that you have some kid you love so much you wouldn't ever be with anyone else is straight beta. We shouldn't put all the eggs in any basket. Always be selling. Always be closing. Keep recruiting through the finish line. If we get a better QB and this kid wants in anyhow, great, take him. If we pick between him and some mediocre alternative, I'll take the athlete all day long. I ain't even worried about what they call these kids. I want them to up the level of serious athletes on the team. This kid is a leader, has a great physique as a HS JR with room to grow, and can project at multiple positions. He'll be 6'5" 240 in a couple years. Not worried about a wasted scholarship. He'll contribute.

I don't understand the distinction. We need to be going at multiple top kids at every position. The mindset that you have some kid you love so much you wouldn't ever be with anyone else is straight beta. We shouldn't put all the eggs in any basket. Always be selling. Always be closing. Keep recruiting through the finish line. If we get a better QB and this kid wants in anyhow, great, take him. If we pick between him and some mediocre alternative, I'll take the athlete all day long. I ain't even worried about what they call these kids. I want them to up the level of serious athletes on the team. This kid is a leader, has a great physique as a HS JR with room to grow, and can project at multiple positions. He'll be 6'5" 240 in a couple years. Not worried about a wasted scholarship. He'll contribute.

Not really sure what ur response to a singular bolded point had to do w/ my entire post or my point, but sure. Nobody said anything about if he’ll contribute or not. U said a lot just to agree that we should be recruiting him & another QB. Lol.

Not really sure what ur response to a singular bolded point had to do w/ my entire post or my point, but sure. Nobody said anything about if he’ll contribute or not. U said a lot just to agree that we should be recruiting him & another QB. Lol.
Just don’t see it as relevant to this kid, smells like an excuse to ignore him, like we got some other kid we like more."

Far as I can tell, recruit a bunch of top kids and fit the puzzle together As it goes.

Advertisement
I’d take him as a second option. No way can you put your room on him. Under 50% passer? Are we going to run the spread read option? If you get a kid like this, you better get monsters on the outside with extreme catch radius. Do we have guys like that all of a sudden?

I don't think there should be any question marks about a high school QB. I could see if size was an issue, but this looks, like somebody said above, like a Sitkowski kind of thing. It's not like it gets any easier as he moves up to college ball.

Advertisement
Appears to be - "Buyer beware"

The narrative in reading this thread:
~ Lashlee can coach him up over the next 2-3 years...lol, most on this site don't believe Lashlee is at UM beyond 22'
~ Kid is BIG, HUGE....compared to who? Yeah, high school kids. Hello, all these cats are big at the next level
~ He will improve his accuracy...so you have inaccurate QB in HS and with the game faster, players bigger and coached better, the QB prospect will now improve his accuracy 15-20% at the next level? I'd rather not take that bet, risk...

The Sitkowski comparison is unfair. This kid is a way better football player. Sitkowski couldn't run and got benched as a senior. Brown is 24-3 as a starter and is often the most impactful player on the field.

The passing concerns are legit, of course. If he was a polished passer, he'd be the #1 overall player in the country. He's not. It's an upside gamble with two more polished QBs (TVD and Garcia) already in the system. The odds are less than 50% he actually meets his physical potential.

The game has gotten easier for QBs, though, which makes you more comfortable betting on tools. To me, the best-to-worst-case scenarios play out like this: (1) he blossoms as a passer like Josh Allen and Cam; (2) he doesn't develop as a passer, but converts to WR and becomes an impact player; (3) he's a rich-man's Hendon Hooker as a QB; or (4) he transfers and one of those scenarios plays out at another school.

The key to me is character. If he's a good, motivated kid, that greatly increases the possibility of development. Here are his sophomore clips:

My favorite part about these type of threads is if he signs, 95% of the posters not wanting him and thinking he's not good, will be his biggest fans.

Happens every year. If you dont like him, I respect that. Just wish some of yall would stick to that opinion instead of changing your tune the second he commits.

I cite Jake Garcia's recruitment.

Advertisement
Back