Jacurri Brown gaining steam as '22 QB

Not impressed with his work as passer. That completion percentage of 47% is not what I want to see out of a HS QB. With that said he may surprise with another year to learn and develop so who knows. If it's up to me, just give me Braedyn Locke and call it a day (unless we can get Maalik đź‘€).

Advertisement
No, no thanks. Yes, the QB position is more than just throwing the ball, but that completion percentage is bad. I want to know how many INTs he threw as number of his throws (very first highlight) are dangerous at best. If that's high, run as fast as you can from this kid, he looks like an interception machine.

Athletically he looks off the charts. You could use him situationally for a bit, but he is a long way from what a QB is asked to do a lot of, throwing accurate balls.

I have always said that if a QB can't put up decent passing numbers in high school, move on. If they're a good passer, that should come through in the stat department. This isn't some chump school that's devoid of talent either, but a true powerhouse in the state. **** of a runner though and if you can make him wait for a number of years while refining his game, then maybe you got something. Still leery though if his INT numbers are high.

I haven't seen enough of the other guys to say that with confidence. But he's definitely worthy of an offer, especially with TVD and Garcia already in the fold. The physical tools are special.
To me Cade klubnik should be the guy we target way more polished at qb and is a good athlete that can put the ball in spots to make big plays

What also stuck out to me were the two wr #4 and #9. They looked to be big body type with good speed and good hands. They also were willing blockers. Any body got any info on them.
I peeped that too. Both of those kids have SERIOUS potential.

Advertisement
Well I sure as **** hope he he is. I wish his line was better so we'd see what his deep ball looks like. He needs a little polish but show me the hs qb who doesn't. I LIKE this kid. He's going to be a solid get for somebody. I hope its us.

To me Cade klubnik should be the guy we target way more polished at qb and is a good athlete that can put the ball in spots to make big plays

100% agree. I know Manny & Lashlee love him but not sure they love him more than a couple other guys. I like Cade for sure.

Advertisement
No, no thanks. Yes, the QB position is more than just throwing the ball, but that completion percentage is bad. I want to know how many INTs he threw as number of his throws (very first highlight) are dangerous at best. If that's high, run as fast as you can from this kid, he looks like an interception machine.

Athletically he looks off the charts. You could use him situationally for a bit, but he is a long way from what a QB is asked to do a lot of, throwing accurate balls.

I have always said that if a QB can't put up decent passing numbers in high school, move on. If they're a good passer, that should come through in the stat department. This isn't some chump school that's devoid of talent either, but a true powerhouse in the state. **** of a runner though and if you can make him wait for a number of years while refining his game, then maybe you got something. Still leery though if his INT numbers are high.
3.8% INT% in 2020. I recommend reading my post.

Kid looks like a baller and hopefully he can be developed into a passer with time but the only way to justify a 47% completion in HS is if his receivers have more dropsies than Wiggins and Pope.

This kid is def playing backyard ball. A lot of 1 read plays, but after taking back to back pocket passers (TVD still athletic) i like this take. Great athlete who will have time to develop and brings a diff element to the QB room.
My thoughts exactly. Kind of prospect who should have time to learn and refine his passing skills.

Advertisement
I watched two games (Valdosta and Cedar Hill). Brown was the best player on the field in the Valdosta game. He outran everyone for multiple long TDs and threw some ropes. Against Collins Hill, he made poor decisions and was clearly outplayed by Sam Horn.

My take is that he's a developmental prospect. The combination of size, straight-line speed and arm strength is rare. But the accuracy issues are real. Sometimes the bigger guys develop later. Cam Newton and Josh Allen were shaky passers at that age. The more typical example is someone like Joe Milton, who flashes but will always struggle with accuracy and decisionmaking. Brown's work ethic will be key to his development.

One thing that will help him is playing with better skill players. His best skill guy is going to Kennesaw State. Some of his incompletions are completions if he played in South Florida.
To your last point, I imagine that goes both ways... some of those incompletions would also be interceptions

Any examples of HS junior QBs putting up sub par stats and eventually being very good?
How about NFL MVP and the greatest S. Florida QB of all time. Lamar Jackson. His Junior year he completed 42% of his passes. See his full high school stats below. People said the same exact stuff about him and we see how that turned out.t And
6F4D0858-5F7C-4209-8D9B-DB7D3717A873.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
If there's anytime to take a developmental guy with huge upside, it's now after landing TVD and Garcia. He understands, I would assume, that he isn't a year 1 starter so he learns for 2 years before being ready to start. There could be a huge return on investment with him down the road.

I think we need to start realizing that times have changed and so has our offense. Are there question marks with this kid as a passer? Yep, but he brings other things to the table as well. In a Lashlee offense you can win with a guy that's not the greatest passer. If Richt was running our offense, I'd be more concerned.

The QB dominoes are going to be interesting to watch

Ohio State has their guy
Clemson is going to have their guy soon when Simpson commits
Auburn has their guy
TAMU has their guy
Texas looks all in on that Cali kid
LSU has their guy
FSU has their guy
UGA has their guy

Unless some of those intend to take multiple QB’s there are going to be a lot of talented QB’s available. State of Texas alone seems like they have 5ish legit QB’s this year and Sark is looking at Cali for his

I think we need to start realizing that times have changed and so has our offense. Are there question marks with this kid as a passer? Yep, but he brings other things to the table as well. In a Lashlee offense you can win with a guy that's not the greatest passer. If Richt was running our offense, I'd be more concerned.
While this is true, Lashlee's offense seems to runs most efficiently with a guy that is a good to great passer that has ability to make things happen with his feet. Shane Buechele made that offense look **** near unstoppable at times. If Brown can even become a moderate passer, he'd be a great fit in the offense for sure, but if we have the chance at kid that is more polished as a passer but a little less explosive as a runner, that's the direction I'd go personally.

Advertisement
Back