2024 Jacory “C2” Barney Jr ATH From Palmetto [commits to Nebraska]

Always enjoy a different perspective. It makes me think my position and consider different angles.

To me, this wasn’t a reflection of the exact player, but in the process to get here with an accumulation of several things. It was an eye-opener to me at the distance still to travel in certain aspects with the program.

Appreciate the kind words.
Glad to see you active on the boards and bringing some sauce along.

Advertisement
Yeah that blew up in our faces with John Ruiz's company.

It shouldn't have come down to Ruiz and his company. Broader point is that these big state schools have bigger fan bases willing to spend significant amounts to their favorite sports teams. Yet we had many of our fellow fans thinking NIL was going to be a good thing for us.

Nah, I’m tired of goal post being moved only to support this school. There’s no way in **** it should take more than 3 yrs to get results. Yes, we’ve been mediocre for 20 yrs. U know who’s been mediocre for longer?

Tennessee.
From 1999-2020 (158-116 or .576 win%) compared to us 2003-2021 (147-91 or .602 win%)

YET,
Heupel 1st yr 7-6 (taking over a 3-7 UTenn team)
Heupel 2nd yr 11-2

Mario 1st yr 5-7 (taking over a 7-6 Miami team)
Mario 2nd yr TBD

Josh’s initial contract: $4m/yr, a pay raise of $5m/yr after the 2021-22 season, & a pay raise of $9m/yr after the 2022-23 season.

Mario’s initial contract? $8m/yr

I’m sick & tired of these excuses, enough already. If it takes more than 3 yrs to get this program to winning at least 10+ games, then we are absolutely doomed. U can’t sell “I’m building” to some 17-18 young men after another mediocre season. That falls on deaf ears. So that’ll work when u first get there, that’ll work the following yr, but if we’re still winning 7-8 games by yr 3, that class of 2025, 2026 is gonna be like nahhh, I’m good, which will bring us right back to the “we don’t have enough talent” excuse.

I said less than 3 which means this year 8-9 wins then next year better. That’s a 3 year rebuild. No one moved the goal post

Advertisement
Most everyone knew before he was hired Beard was a lousy recruiter. Nothing really surprising there
you ninjas are insufferable if you think he should have who was named locked up...

**** im surprised we had Chance Robinson in the boat. What is there to show a local wr who came to games last year where we went nearly 3 games without a td?.

you ninjas are insufferable if you think he should have who was named locked up...

**** im surprised we had Chance Robinson in the boat. What is there to show a local wr who came to games last year where we went nearly 3 games without a td?.
African American Reaction GIF

Advertisement
If you believe thats their offer then you’re dumb as ****. Top 150 guys aren’t even getting that type of money.
Yea idk where you get your info from but I know for a FACT one kid that got over 500k this cycle from a mid level P5 school. The details of the contract idk but six figures is quite possible. Whatever Nebraska paid UM doesn’t value him that much simple as that.

Advertisement
There is a difference in evaluation, but there are all kinds of books written about the wisdom of a crowd for a reason. Individuals- over the long run- do tend to lose to the wisdom of a crowd (markets).

Expecting to be able to beat the market tends to end up simply being overconfidence in ones self to evaluate etc.

And if you look at the coaches/programs that over the last 10 years that have been held up as the standard bearers for “evals”:

Gary Patterson
Boise State
Paul Chryst
mark dantonio
Mike Gundy
Kirk Ferentz

Ferentz and Grundy are the only ones that haven’t collapsed. And Gundy’s 2021 season looks like an outlier over the last 5 years.

There’s no such thing as a coaching staff that has a secret talent decoder ring and can just repeat it year after year. The recruiting class rankings end up catching up to all of them.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back