2024 Jacory “C2” Barney Jr ATH From Palmetto [commits to Nebraska]

Advertisement
1. At least we can still recruit TEs. At this rate we will need 6 TEs in this class since we can’t get any WRs. Just line them up wide and play Jump ball.

2. Gattis set the program back 2-3 years. Mario may not ever recover without any QBs and WRs.

3. Our insiders say there are other collectives besides Ruiz. I’m saying yes there are but they prob don’t have the juice like Ruiz did last year. I think our NIL game is lacking until proven otherwise. I’m not saying we should spend huge dollars on guys like Barney but until we land some higher rated prospects I’m going to believe we have a money issue. Or we only have enough paper to spend an a handful of players.

4. Win 9 games plus or were in this same boat again.

5. Nobody knows anything this cycle, there are no insiders right now.

6. Not trying to be a mope but this is reality until proven otherwise. Fingers crossed for a good July!
TDZ2TE6 (1)~2.jpg

1. At least we can still recruit TEs. At this rate we will need 6 TEs in this class since we can’t get any WRs. Just line them up wide and play Jump ball.

2. Gattis set the program back 2-3 years. Mario may not ever recover without any QBs and WRs.

3. Our insiders say there are other collectives besides Ruiz. I’m saying yes there are but they prob don’t have the juice like Ruiz did last year. I think our NIL game is lacking until proven otherwise. I’m not saying we should spend huge dollars on guys like Barney but until we land some higher rated prospects I’m going to believe we have a money issue. Or we only have enough paper to spend an a handful of players.

4. Win 9 games plus or were in this same boat again.

5. Nobody knows anything this cycle, there are no insiders right now.

6. Not trying to be a mope but this is reality until proven otherwise. Fingers crossed for a good July!

2. People have got to stop with "Gattis set the program back" excuse. Cristobal set the program back. Everyone with common sense said a spread offense worked best for TVD and Cristobal needed to hire a spread OC. Cristobal thought he knew better and hired a Joe Moorehead disciple.

X is coming off an injury. I don't trust anyone else right now that's been on the roster.

I still don’t get why Brashard and George haven’t broken out. They seem to have all the right ingredients. I was all in on B Smith as a recruit, and he was our top WR last season if you can believe it. But crickets… Is it between the ears?

Advertisement
2. People have got to stop with "Gattis set the program back" excuse. Cristobal set the program back. Everyone with common sense said a spread offense worked best for TVD and Cristobal needed to hire a spread OC. Cristobal thought he knew better and hired a Joe Moorehead disciple.

Cristobal whiffed on his top choices and went for the name. Several of his other choices were multi. Even Gattass claimed to be so. He just road Harbaugh’s coattails and was atrocious. Bad hire. Hopefully Dawson is a better one. Seems to be.

I still don’t get why Brashard and George haven’t broken out. They seem to have all the right ingredients. I was all in on B Smith as a recruit, and he was our top WR last season if you can believe it. But crickets… Is it between the ears?
im not counting on them. I think Colbie will be our main guy. I think Robby and Ray Ray are the future. I have heard good stuff about Horton but I want to see him in a game. X is reliable. We need wr's in this class. Chance will be good but we need at least 3 more imo

While I wasn’t enamored with Barney, there is no way to SPIN this. It’s a big fat “L” for Mario and the staff.

Something is up. Next 4 weeks will tell us all we need to know. Winning on the field is desperately needed but not for the ‘24 class. It will barely move the needle. We need to WIN for the class of 2025.
Agreed with your entire post. Wasn’t the highest on him personally, either,….but u cannot spin this. A kid we wanted from our baccyard, chucked the deuces on our asses. On to the next one.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mario has a plan. It’s well known that you build it from inside out. Last year was OL which takes time to develop. This year is DL which takes lesser time to develop than OL. Next year will be WR, and QB which are positions that can easily contribute first year. Funds are being allocated accordingly. It’s Barney’s loss. We’ll get better receivers when it’s all said and done. Just let the chef cook.

Mario has a plan. It’s well known that you build it from inside out. Last year was OL which takes time to develop. This year is DL which takes lesser time to develop than OL. Next year will be WR, and QB which are positions that can easily contribute first year. Funds are being allocated accordingly. It’s Barney’s loss. We’ll get better receivers when it’s all said and done. Just let the chef cook.
Last year was OL and LB. This year is WR and DL. Next year we go for our stud QB

Advertisement
Advertisement
So what changed with this kid? He claimed he fell in love with Miamk after his OV and then decides he wants to go to Nebraska? Lol I'm not buying needing to win for kids who pick Nebraska.

Someone posted on this thread before his announcement, that Nebraska dropped a big bag

Advertisement
Back