2024 Jacory “C2” Barney Jr ATH From Palmetto [commits to Nebraska]

Advertisement
People saying he’s a dolphin not even a beluga but now it’s a fing disaster dumpster fire train wreck. Which is it?

I know some of all ya’ll try to win chit into existence, but there’s two things I will never understand that many CIS posters tend to do:

1. Spew the narrative of “Cane Lock.”

2. Chit on posters who give a realistic view of trends that happens

Regardless, Barney is the least of my concerns. Now, once I see what Lightfoot, Stewart, Scott, Breland, Trader, Stone, etc (i.e whales) then I’ll be concerned. Actually, if imma keep it solid, I won’t be concerned, I’ll be something else; hopefully, moving fwd the whales we were promised come to fruition & a recruitment like this will be a footnote.
The fact that we even have to care about a 3 star is the problem! lol

1688253468217.gif

Advertisement
Holy fk I get drunk at a cabin wearing my usa swim trunks and see now those corn fks got the commit?! Better keep drinking

Advertisement
The premium positions: QB, WR, OT, DL, and CB. These are the spots in recruiting where the biggest money gets spent by those trying to compete for championships. How you do at these positions matters more than an overall class ranking.

All in a span of 10 days at WR, we lost the battle for an elite WR1 in Miller, lost the battle for a very good one in Staley, and we prioritized Barney over Hawkins and ended up missing on both.

QB, WR, and CB recruiting are sticking out for all the wrong reasons right now. Gotta right the ship at those spots in a hurry. Hopefully we do.

Advertisement

So, how does that happen? How does a school with UM’s wide receiver tradition, as well as proximity to Miami Palmetto High School, lose a prime wide receiver prospect to the Cornhuskers?

For one, Nebraska prioritized Barney far earlier. Miami simply went after other prospects with far more vigor. Next, do not discount what head coach Matt Rhule has accomplished prior to taking over at Nebraska.

He completely turned around a Baylor team that was in shambles, then headed off to the NFL to coach the Carolina Panthers. That was likely a help to Rhule and his staff overall.

Advertisement
I’d love to hear where our NIL money is going. I don’t see many guys on the commitment list commanding much.

Or clarify what is pertinent?

What the WR board looks like is non-pertinent to what they were willing to spend on this particular kid…Or what Nebraska was willing to spend.

I know some of all ya’ll try to win chit into existence, but there’s two things I will never understand that many CIS posters tend to do:

1. Spew the narrative of “Cane Lock.”

2. Chit on posters who give a realistic view of trends that happens

Regardless, Barney is the least of my concerns. Now, once I see what Lightfoot, Stewart, Scott, Breland, Trader, Stone, etc (i.e whales) then I’ll be concerned. Actually, if imma keep it solid, I won’t be concerned, I’ll be something else; hopefully, moving fwd the whales we were promised come to fruition & a recruitment like this will be a footnote.
Looks like Miami just don't want to spend on WRs

Advertisement
Back