2024 Jacory “C2” Barney Jr ATH From Palmetto [commits to Nebraska]

Ok so both of us just said things that are true

So what’s the problem

And some people are sunshine all day and some are negative all day those people don’t count to me

Or maybe we just are debating the “we” part. I didn’t say those things. You definitely didn’t. I prefer not to look at the fringe posters here when making statements about how the board feels in general because then it’s just circular debates that say nothing
No problem and I don’t believe anyone said you said those things but the fact is it is said about all players. It’s not just the fringe, it may not have been the general consensus on Russell but it usually is.

Advertisement
No problem and I don’t believe anyone said you said those things but the fact is it is said about all players. It’s not just the fringe, it may not have been the general consensus on Russell but it usually is.
You and I are generally always on the same page

I thought the other guy was being slightly disingenuous, which is not new for him

I definitely don’t want to fall into traps of just making excuses for recruiting. Some of our guys, Thomas, Day, this kid etc we are seeing some really good insights from people with more experience evaluating film and kids in practices

But you’ll always have the ones trying to tell us Ed Reed was a 2 star, Aaron Donald was undersized too etc 🤦🏼‍♂️

You and I are generally always on the same page

I thought the other guy was being slightly disingenuous, which is not new for him

I definitely don’t want to fall into traps of just making excuses for recruiting. Some of our guys, Thomas, Day, this kid etc we are seeing some really good insights from people with more experience evaluating film and kids in practices

But you’ll always have the ones trying to tell us Ed Reed was a 2 star, Aaron Donald was undersized too etc 🤦🏼‍♂️
It’s asinine to assume a class will be filled with all 4 and 5 stars. It’s also fair to say that recruiting services do not get every single recruit and their corresponding ranking correct. Plenty of three stars end up dominating college football and eventually, the Pros.

What the numbers do say, however, is that blue chip ratio matters. If you don’t have x number of stars next to your recruiting class, chances are you won’t be able to routinely compete with those that do.

Mario’s evals have been pretty **** good on paper (and on the field). Some of our three-stars don’t look like three-stars. But…it’s also very slurper-esque to assume every three star we sign is not only going to get his bump, but become a stud in college.

Right now imo, the names circulating publicly (combined with our current commits), we’ve got too many mid pieces / complementary guys. Knight is mid, Barney is good but he’s not taking over a game like Drelon can, Mack is mid and being used as a chess piece, the WVU corner that we’re probably going to flip has solid potential but again he’s another depth guy you stash for a year or two, Jackson that 3-star DL isn’t in the same stratosphere as the first eight guys we were drooling over a month ago…etc.

Again, there’s no need to panic right now. You would be a fool to do this after the last 18 months of recruiting under Mario. But there are signs that are alluding to this class being bigger sure, but maybe a lot of depth/potential/raw guys to stash.

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s asinine to assume a class will be filled with all 4 and 5 stars. It’s also fair to say that recruiting services do not get every single recruit and their corresponding ranking correct. Plenty of three stars end up dominating college football and eventually, the Pros.

What the numbers do say, however, is that blue chip ratio matters. If you don’t have x number of stars next to your recruiting class, chances are you won’t be able to routinely compete with those that do.

Mario’s evals have been pretty **** good on paper (and on the field). Some of our three-stars don’t look like three-stars. But…it’s also very slurper-esque to assume every three star we sign is not only going to get his bump, but become a stud in college.

Right now imo, the names circulating publicly (combined with our current commits), we’ve got too many mid pieces / complementary guys. Knight is mid, Barney is good but he’s not taking over a game like Drelon can, Mack is mid and being used as a chess piece, the WVU corner that we’re probably going to flip has solid potential but again he’s another depth guy you stash for a year or two, Jackson that 3-star DL isn’t in the same stratosphere as the first eight guys we were drooling over a month ago…etc.

Again, there’s no need to panic right now. You would be a fool to do this after the last 18 months of recruiting under Mario. But there are signs that are alluding to this class being bigger sure, but maybe a lot of depth/potential/raw guys to stash.
I think people are only overreacting because there’s all this secrecy behind what’s going on with these elite DL players

So when a lower ranked kid commits he’s catching some flak because fans are wanting bigger fish and they’re hitting the “refresh” button too much.

In the past commitments were a lot reliant on emotions, but NIL has made it even more of a business than it used to be. Business deals take time so I think that’s why people are so quiet. Negotiations are a real pain in the ***

I really like this kid. I get what the other guy is saying about us trying to find reasons to like these lower ranked guys, and it does happen of course

But this kid isn’t going to be lower ranked and a couple of others I think will move up (or they would have had they not committed)

It’s still early but looking at the lower ranked kids Mario signed his first two classes (well 1.5 maybe) and it is a stark difference from what has plagued us for decades. Not only did Randy, Golden, Richt, Manny not find depth pieces in lower ranked guys, many of them didn’t even sniff the field and transferred out to lower tiered schools

I feel good that’s changing bigtime
Everybody is so fixated on the big fish and I get it. But equally important is we have to drastically improve our floor. And that’s what plagued all of the previous coaches you’ve mentioned. They’d sign a few studs but the guys behind them in the pecking order were a massive step down. You didn’t want them to sniff the field.

You don’t build a championship team that way. If this kid is our new floor, then we are on the right track for sure.

Everybody is so fixated on the big fish and I get it. But equally important is we have to drastically improve our floor. And that’s what plagued all of the previous coaches you’ve mentioned. They’d sign a few studs but the guys behind them in the pecking order were a massive step down. You didn’t want them to sniff the field.

You don’t build a championship team that way. If this kid is our new floor, then we are on the right track for sure.

Gotta make sure you don’t miss on those Zay Flowers either

Advertisement
Advertisement
Answer What GIF by Lil Jon

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back