Jacob Eason Transfer

Advertisement
He's better than any of the quarter backs miami has. Don't think kirby smart will let him transfer to miami.
Miami could win that argument. Remember Saban was not going to let a DB transfer to Ga. but Smart shamed him into releasing the kid. Now the shoes on the other foot. We're not even in their conference. That strengthens the argument.

i think more people need to start discussing this. Fromm's locked up the starting gig at UGA and they have another five star recruit in Justin Fields arriving next year. Eason's got to transfer. It would make perfect sense for him to transfer to the coach that recruited him.
Why?This is a Canes forum!

Advertisement
You knuckle heads keep talking about Richt's vision or what kind of offense Richt is building...y'all don't know .

Well, it is true that Richt has been wildly successful with all kinds of different QBs in his career. So, the idea that he is dead set on having one particular type of QB is kind of silly. He has proven that he can win with all sorts of QBs.

Having said that, whenever he talks about his favorite type of QB out of all the successful guys he has coached the name "Charlie Ward" always seems to come up at the top of his list. So take that for what it's worth.

Yeah that's pretty much where I was going. His primary concern is an accurate passer who's intelligent enough to execute the offense. Mobility is a bonus. A welcome, but unnecessary bonus.

Which Ward was. He certainly could, and did, run, but he was not a run-first kind of QB. I think he is still the prototypical Richt QB. I suspect that Richt's general plan is to export the 1993 FSU offense, and update it with some more modern RPO concepts.

Given that, and the fact that he is going to have at least 2 guys on the roster who might have a Charlie Ward-like skill set......would he even want Eason at this point?

Anyone close to the UGA program knows Eason likes to party... a lot. He is out just about every night. I was told he really didn't mind being a back up, since he's having so much fun in Athens, across the country from his parents, but it looks like they are stepping in and getting him closer to home. Needs to get his head on straight or he'll be another huge waste of talent.

Shoot, Eason might end up transferring from Washington as well. He might end up being Gunner Kiel 2.0. Both of their QB recruits this cycle are already enrolled, and both of em are legit. Eason actually probably had less competition at UGA.

Advertisement
Lol so lets crown a QB who couldnt get his job back from a True Frosh

How many Qbs would have gotten their job back from Frohm ? Kid played lights out.

No he didn’t GAtroll. Take out Chubb and Sony and UGA would have had to depend on Fromm and he would have been overwhelmed. The play calls were safe so he didn’t cost them the game. You guys played a soft schedule just like us. Seriously, Oklahoma put up almost 50 points on your Defense!!

Anyone close to the UGA program knows Eason likes to party... a lot. He is out just about every night. I was told he really didn't mind being a back up, since he's having so much fun in Athens, across the country from his parents, but it looks like they are stepping in and getting him closer to home. Needs to get his head on straight or he'll be another huge waste of talent.

Eason had a bit of party problem frosh year, but this year worked really hard won starting job, but then sprained knee taking him 3-4 weeks to get ready and Fromm played well enough to keep job. Eason head is on straight and kid will be drafted by NFL after couple years in Peterson"s offense.

Former #1 QB prospect didn't nmind being a backup, eh???

Mmmmmm... Moar Gawjaw sauces.... College QB likes to party, get out now town!

Advertisement
Lol so lets crown a QB who couldnt get his job back from a True Frosh

How many Qbs would have gotten their job back from Frohm ? Kid played lights out.

No he didn’t GAtroll. Take out Chubb and Sony and UGA would have had to depend on Fromm and he would have been overwhelmed. The play calls were safe so he didn’t cost them the game. You guys played a soft schedule just like us. Seriously, Oklahoma put up almost 50 points on your Defense!!

Man... The kid played well. Take away star running backs from any team and their QB may struggle and vice versa. Other programs and kids will have success in college football. From played incredibly well for a frosh. I'm hoping one of our frosh qb's can have similar success next year

Yeah that's because our offensive line couldn't pass block.eason would give us the best chance to win a national championship. Got to be able to pass the ball consitsly to win. He's better than any of the quarter backs miami has. We got enough running quarter back who can't throw the ball already.

Kevin Olsen Jr?

Advertisement
I predict that they'll wish he hadn't transferred when Frohm is the focus of the offense rather than their two stud running backs. Fromm is vastly overrated IMHO and his accuracy is a big question mark.

Kevin Olsen Jr?

Real life Alex Moran

AM.png.jpg

"My drinking team has a football problem."

Advertisement
Back