Jacob Eason Transfer

Advertisement
I would rather Shea Patterson NOT wind up at LSU.

Those jokers haven't had a legit QB in several years and it would be a shame for them finally have a guy who can pass just in time to play Miami in the opener.

Those jokers haven't had a legit QB in several years and it would be a shame for them finally have a guy who can pass just in time to play Miami in the opener.

He should be w/out a doubt Michigan bound. I'd much rather play for Harbaugh than coach O if I were a QB. A recent rumor was Matt Canada looking to get out because O threw him under the bus after Troy. They're not getting a better OC than him.

He won’t be able to play next year regardless.

Advertisement

Not sure that's true. Don't Ole Miss players get a free transfer?

Here is a quote from a CBS article from yesterday, looks like it's still possible he could go to LSU:

However, some normal transfer protocol remains in place. Ole Miss also notes that for a player to be immediately eligible, "the transferring school still needs to seek a waiver from the NCAA. If they transfer to a school in the SEC, that school would also have to seek a waiver from the conference under conference rules."

Advertisement
i think more people need to start discussing this. Fromm's locked up the starting gig at UGA and they have another five star recruit in Justin Fields arriving next year. Eason's got to transfer. It would make perfect sense for him to transfer to the coach that recruited him.

Miami is STACKED with young QB's for the future- Perry, Weldon and Williams! So Miami doesn't need him. And who's to say Jacob would transfer to Miami. dUh.

Yes. Any Ole Miss transfers DON'T have to sit out a season if they transfer.

Here is a quote from a CBS article from yesterday, looks like it's still possible he could go to LSU:

However, some normal transfer protocol remains in place. Ole Miss also notes that for a player to be immediately eligible, "the transferring school still needs to seek a waiver from the NCAA. If they transfer to a school in the SEC, that school would also have to seek a waiver from the conference under conference rules."

Interesting. I would assume the NCAA will be pretty generous with the waiver. The SEC however, particularly to a division rival, may not be granted. Never know though.

Interesting. I would assume the NCAA will be pretty generous with the waiver. The SEC however, particularly to a division rival, may not be granted. Never know though.

Well, if the SEC is going to prevent him from playing in 2018, then I would think that pretty much guarantees that he will go to Michigan (or anywhere else besides another SEC school). But I have no idea if the SEC would do that.

Advertisement
I think CMR wants dual QB's who can run and throw.... look at last 2 signings
Eason should look to go back home Wash U or even Wash state.
Kirby will not let him sign with an SEC team Canes or Noles for that matter

Eason is Kaaya with a stronger arm and worse accuracy. Nothing more, nothing less. Has conrete tied to his feet. Not coming here.

Advertisement
No way. Take him and Nkosi probably transfers. Pass

I would take him in a heartbeat, assuming Smart will let him transfer here and play immediately. Absolute no-brainer.

WTH?!? If he's so much better that it compels Nkosi to transfer then our team would be in great shape.

Because some folks are so deep on the Perry hype train, they may as well be driving it. They'd rather be right and lose than be wrong and win.

W'ed rather have a qb who can complete a screen, maybe even a forward pass.

And just how many has Perry completed at the division one level?

Look. That man wears the U on the side of his helmet, so if he gets the nod I'll ride with him until the wheels fall off. But I'm not about to sit here and say an unknown quantity is superior to what is known. Malik Rosier is the first QB to win 10 games at Miami since Brock Berlin in 2003, and y'all are ready to dump him for some dude who's never taken a snap. I don't know if Rosier is the answer moving forward, but I do know two things. 1) Rosier made more progress in a single off season than I have ever seen out of any one player. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that he will not make a similar progression in this off season. 2) Jacob Eason would be the best passer we've had since Ken Dorsey. Granted, there is a ton more to being a good quarterback than being a good passer, especially in this modern age of dual threat guys, but being a good passer is a prerequisite. The number one priority of the quarterback is to deliver the ball to the play makers, not to be the play maker. That's stupid. I don't care how good you are, if the defense can key in on one guy, you'll never beat any good teams. Case in point, Lamar Jackson.

All we know about N'Kosi Perry at the collegiate level is that he was about 40% against a defense that made the 3rd string QB for 1-7 UNC look like a Heisman candidate. OURS.

If Perry isn't the guy ok, but Perry went against the Defense that win us 10 games. Perry wasn't an EE not knowing the book. But if it's not Perry I have full confidence in Weldon tbh. CMR has a vision either you see it or keep praying for unicorns.

You knuckle heads keep talking about Richt's vision or what kind of offense Richt is building...y'all don't know ****. How many dual-threat QB's did he run at UGA? DJ Shockley. That is it. One. And he didn't hand Shockley the offense until his Senior year when he was mature enough to use his eyes and his head first, and his feet last. We got the guys we got because those were the guys that were available. You can talk **** all you want about hand picking Kosi, but he tried his **** best to get Jacob Eason to come to Miami, and he did his **** best to give Jack Allison every opportunity, and he did his **** best to give an unknown from NJ with good pocket passer measurables a shot at Miami.

You knuckle heads keep talking about Richt's vision or what kind of offense Richt is building...y'all don't know ****. How many dual-threat QB's did he run at UGA? DJ Shockley. That is it. One. And he didn't hand Shockley the offense until his Senior year when he was mature enough to use his eyes and his head first, and his feet last. We got the guys we got because those were the guys that were available. You can talk **** all you want about hand picking Kosi, but he tried his **** best to get Jacob Eason to come to Miami, and he did his **** best to give Jack Allison every opportunity, and he did his **** best to give an unknown from NJ with good pocket passer measurables a shot at Miami.

Are you serious...... Think Hiseman C. Ward or Murray. We're all Cane supporters but stop being so but hurt. We are family.

Advertisement
Back