Jackson visiting Texas Tech

Advertisement
The people in Lubbock are very nice but it's a God forsaken place to live with a terrible climate. You get everything from very hot, windy tornadoes and dust storms to ice and snow storms. There's not a whole lot to do and for athletes the elevation starts to play in a little at 3500 feet above sea level. Our former AD Kirby Hocutt is the Texas a Tech AD and is a good guy despite what some others here may believe. It's both difficult and expensive to get to Texas Tech which is generally through Dallas.

As for playing there these kids must not have NFL aspirations or are naieve because they are limiting their exposure.

I have to disagree with you a bit. I lived there for 5 yrs and it's actually not all that bad. For the most part the weather is similar to Florida except there is very low humidity. It does get cold but not for long and the dust storms rarely occur (once or twice a year). Tornadoes rarely occur and I think the last one they had was in 1977. As an adult I didn't think it was a good town as there is not much really to do there one than golf. As far as college life goes its a great town. There's a bar in every corner, plenty of night clubs and a crapload of tail. My son just graduated from tech and I can't get him out of there. They love their football team and just about every game is always sold out. It's purely a college town where u get laid every other night and their fans support their team. All the athletes are treated superstars.'

His dad is a great coach who is going to be a college coach soon again stop hating on ice he's a he'll of a coach

Advertisement
Coming from the guy who said dalvin cook was a lock to Miami. Talk about a poster who doesn't have a clue.

Advertisement
Jackson just wants to take visits im not worrying about it but some of the "girls" on here think any recruit taking an ov anywhere is gone automatically

Bethel was let go by U. There is no way he signs with Tech, like was mentioned he wants to secure a spot somewhere while he finds another home somewhere else. Wouldn't be surprised if they told him to bail after he said he wanted to see changes.

I must be lost but was Bethel really let go? If so, I am confused by this move with the staff.

Advertisement
I honestly don't think I am worried about losing any more kids but more so concerned how we finish..

I think the rest stick ..Mayes maybe the wild card since he didn't get in early..but heres to hoping
we close strong :crownpour:

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back