Jackson doesn't want to be another Chickillo

CaneSwag8

Canes fan
Demetrius Jackson: @F5_Jackson: Most I'm going to weigh in college is 250 I'm not trying to lose my speed

Advertisement
Implying that he can't be made faster with the weight room program and weigh over 250.

Not to mention Chickillo was never really a speedy guy, he just used his strength a lot.

Implying that he can't be made faster with the weight room program and weigh over 250.

Not to mention Chickillo was never really a speedy guy, he just used his strength a lot.

Chick was never an edge/speed rusher. Jackson is an entirely different kind of DE.

Chickillo was never meant be 280+....When we were recruiting him, how many people you think were saying, "Man, this guy would make a great DT."

This coaching staff crapped on his career. He strikes me as the type that has an underwhelming career at the U and ends up being way more productive in the league.

Chickillo was never meant be 280+....When we were recruiting him, how many people you think were saying, "Man, this guy would make a great DT."

This coaching staff crapped on his career. He strikes me as the type that has an underwhelming career at the U and ends up being way more productive in the league.

He's just not as good as we believed he was in general. Not a gamechanging Dlineman. Nothing the staff can do about that one.

Advertisement

He's just not as good as we believed he was in general. Not a gamechanging Dlineman. Nothing the staff can do about that one.

I think it was a combination of things, he's not as athletic gifted/dominating as many like to think, he makes plays with his motor. Also when he came in he was forced to play heavy minutes right away because of the lack of depth, with the suspensions, so unfortunately he had to put on weight fast opposed to gradually.

I think it was a combination of things, he's not as athletic gifted/dominating as many like to think, he makes plays with his motor. Also when he came in he was forced to play heavy minutes right away because of the lack of depth, with the suspensions, so unfortunately he had to put on weight fast opposed to gradually.

I don't think it has anything to do with how fast he put on weight. It's how MUCH he has put on weight. Everyone was raving about this kid when he DOMINATED in his All-Star game. He had 5 sacks as a freshman, was close to being ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year and he's gotten worse with every pound he has put on.

Not a game changing dlineman? Gotta be the coaching staff's fault because he was a sack machine and a play maker in HS. Nothing the staff can do? Isn't it their job to maximize their players abilities? Answer my question. When we recruited him who thought this kid's ideal position is a 4-3 DT?

Advertisement
Chick was never edge rusher, he won battles on his strength on the line, i personally would love him at DT JMO

Jackson will be a beast, our edge rushing is amazing mccord, the prophet, chad, and jackson scary edge rushing

Chick was never edge rusher, he won battles on his strength on the line, i personally would love him at DT JMO

Jackson will be a beast, our edge rushing is amazing mccord, the prophet, chad, and jackson scary edge rushing

Provided they're not all in at the same time when the opposing offense has 4WR on the field.

Advertisement

If Chick wins his battles on the line with strength then why have his numbers declined? Why, as he's gained weight and gone through 4 years in the program, is he less productive? According to your theory it should be just the opposite.

I don't think it has anything to do with how fast he put on weight. It's how MUCH he has put on weight. Everyone was raving about this kid when he DOMINATED in his All-Star game. He had 5 sacks as a freshman, was close to being ACC Defensive Rookie of the Year and he's gotten worse with every pound he has put on.

Not a game changing dlineman? Gotta be the coaching staff's fault because he was a sack machine and a play maker in HS. Nothing the staff can do? Isn't it their job to maximize their players abilities? Answer my question. When we recruited him who thought this kid's ideal position is a 4-3 DT?

Making plays in high school and being a sack machine = that translating on the high D1 level? He's still a solid player, but he's not as good as we thought. I'll stand by that.

Advertisement
No one (including him) really knows what he'll weigh if he eats correctly and hits the weight program.

Advertisement
Back