Official Jackson Carver visiting next week (Commits, 6.14!)

Gaby wins. :)

Jackson Carver was scheduled to unofficially visit Alabama on Wednesday. The tight end also had plans to officially visit Iowa and potentially LSU, which was in the works.

Instead, the 6-foot-6, 220-pounder, who was once a Notre Dame lacrosse commit, shut things down and announced his commitment to Miami just days after his official visit with the Hurricanes. Wisconsin, Michigan State, Nebraska, North Carolina, Auburn, and Florida State also offered.
Ok - I am not fvking with 2022-23 Gaby!!!!

He’s improved with Mario as HC. He’s a force to be reckoned with now it seems……………

Unless Rashada commits to UM

Advertisement
Advertisement
IMO this kid is going to be very good or a complete bust. I see very little middle-ground here. And I'm not saying this as a negative at all, VERY high upside, I'm totally fine with taking a few kids like this in every class. Trust your eyes and your evals. But IMO we either just got a high-level starter or a kid who will struggle to carry water. It's going to be very fun to follow this kid's development over the next few years. He has a lot of attributes you simply cannot teach.

IMO this kid is going to be very good or a complete bust. I see very little middle-ground here. And I'm not saying this as a negative at all, VERY high upside, I'm totally fine with taking a few kids like this in every class. Trust your eyes and your evals. But IMO we either just got a high-level starter or a kid who will struggle to carry water. It's going to be very fun to follow this kid's development over the next few years. He has a lot of attributes you simply cannot teach.
Agree 100%. And I think given the additional infrastructure we have in place now with coaching, weight room, nutrition etc this skews things slightly more to the side of him being very good. Or I hope at least

Advertisement
Sounds like the name of a protagonist in an 80's action flick

Or an actual character from Nip/Tuck...The Carver...

1655228374409.png

Ahh this would make sense, I was reading his profile a while ago and it said "he took up football his senior year"....I was thinking, wait, if he's a 2023 kid, isn't he coming up on his senior year this fall?

Now it makes sense. WTF is a prep year, though? He graduated HS and he's just still hanging out at school for another year? Prep for what? Isn't that what 4 years of HS is supposed to do?
Basically a year between your Freshman season that doesn’t count against your eligibility. As others have said it gives you time to improve grades or your athletic opportunities. Most teams are made up of Prep students with some HS seniors. Aside from playing against other prep schools, some of them play against the JV’s of the Ivys and service academies.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back