Jack Arute on Butch and Mich DC job

Why would have have resentment.

He left on his own. In 2006 he wasn't interested in the Miami job. He flat out turned us down.

Advertisement
why would richt hire him?? last thing richt needs is to have the guy who was the fan favorite looking over his shoulder.

I think bringing Butch on would be like bringing in Tebow as back up QB. His cult like fans would call for him over every negative play.

As a Jets fan, I can assure you this is the exact same behavior. The Butch cult is as delusional as the Tebow cult was back then.

Oh, ****, that explains it. I knew there had to be a reason for you being so annoying.

J-E-T-S, SUCK, SUCK, SUCK!!!!!

Lol he wouldn't for Miami. Passed over twice. I'm sure he has some resentment.

he has a house down here, is loved locally and knows the recruiting landscape.... Miami would make much more sense than Michigan

Said on his satellite radio show that Butch is interested in replacing Durkin as DC at Michigan.

So.... If Butch is willing to be a coordinator, that makes things interesting. Not sure that's a move Richt or UM would want to consider at this point now.

Not good news for Urban if it is true. How many local recruits do we lose to Michigan then?

Advertisement
Said on his satellite radio show that Butch is interested in replacing Durkin as DC at Michigan.

So.... If Butch is willing to be a coordinator, that makes things interesting. Not sure that's a move Richt or UM would want to consider at this point now.

I assumed Harbaugh would go after Leavitt. Maybe Butch can help Leavitt fall into our lap. Go make yourself useful old man!

I would love to have Butch for DC. He would be the best recruiter on staff from day one. From an X & O's standpoint, Butch won back to back SuperBowls as the Defensive Coordinator for the Cowboys under Jimmy Johnson... Pretty sure he has the DC coaching part down. Now I also believe it was HC or nothing for Butch at Miami.

Debatable. As for the Cowboys, Mark D'Nofrio could've won with those teams! Not saying he isn't a good DC (not really sure) but I just don't think bringing in a guy (snake) who wants the head job would be in Richt's best interest.

Advertisement
As much as most of us like Butch and want what to recapture what he did, if you're Richt, you can not bring him in... with the first loss or two, this fan base would be flying banners and clamoring for replacement. Butch would quickly be anointed as the next head coach and saviour. Although he would make a great DC and recruiter, its not right with the current situation. We paid $4M for Richt - gotta give him the chance to build this thing, his way, with his staff.

Great pick up for any program as a DC, including Miami.

Michigan isn't hiring butch as DC. Harbaugh and Butch.... don't see them getting along

I'm concerned who our DC is not where butch decides to go. Butch is staying at ESPN unless he gets a hc job. Syracuse should hire him although they want a young offensive mind hc

Great pick up for any program as a DC, including Miami.

Michigan isn't hiring butch as DC. Harbaugh and Butch.... don't see them getting along

I'm concerned who our DC is not where butch decides to go. Butch is staying at ESPN unless he gets a hc job. Syracuse should hire him although they want a young offensive mind hc

Babers to Cuse is practically wrapped up...

Advertisement
Crazy to think some think there's any chance he's offered a chance to coach here under Mark. It would fly in the face of what Richt said about himself in the interview. Go watch it, there's no chance of it happening.

In some twisted, reality were it to happen, the Botch cult would be our new Al Golden. They would protect him when we whiff on a recruit and come game day, every excuse you could dream up would be made for the defense to protect da gawd.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Throw the house at Dave Aranda.

Huge opportunity for him with an established HC that will give him full control of the defense.

Advertisement
Back