Jack Arute on Butch and Mich DC job

TheU1984

All ACC
Said on his satellite radio show that Butch is interested in replacing Durkin as DC at Michigan.

So.... If Butch is willing to be a coordinator, that makes things interesting. Not sure that's a move Richt or UM would want to consider at this point now.

Advertisement
Said on his satellite radio show that Butch is interested in replacing Durkin as DC at Michigan.

So.... If Butch is willing to be a coordinator, that makes things interesting. Not sure that's a move Richt or UM would want to consider at this point now.

If he is publicly putting his name in for the DC job at Michigan, I think it would mean he is moving on from his dream at the U.

Think he wanted the reigns here. Now that is over, he is moving on (maybe even a bit scorned). JMO

Advertisement
I guess all the Butch diehards can go root for Michigan than. Good riddance.

lets stop acting like butch is owed something from UM. i mean i wanted him, he was my 1st choice.but he up and left this program. he didnt even tell the kids. listen to Richt today. he would never do that

I think it's pretty clear that UM is going to stay away from Butch. It's time to recognize that he captured something pretty awesome during his time here and built a juggernaut. It's also time to move on in a different direction.

Look at how things have worked for USC when they kept trying to return to the Pete Carroll well. Sometimes, it's just better to take things another way.

Best of luck to Butch wherever he ends up, although I don't think he'll be a serious candidate at Michigan.

I don't want him for DC anyway. He would bring recruiting to the table and that will not be an issue.

Give me a young savage with a knack for X & O's.

Advertisement
I don't want him for DC anyway. He would bring recruiting to the table and that will not be an issue.

He wouldn't be my first pick as DC, but I'd be happy with it. If he's not here, I don't want him elsewhere.

I would love to have Butch for DC. He would be the best recruiter on staff from day one. From an X & O's standpoint, Butch won back to back SuperBowls as the Defensive Coordinator for the Cowboys under Jimmy Johnson... Pretty sure he has the DC coaching part down. Now I also believe it was HC or nothing for Butch at Miami.

That would be a great pick up for Harbaugh and Michigan if it happened.

Advertisement
After Richt's comment about never coming into a meeting and telling the guys he is leaving and thanking the guys for getting him the job he really wants likely burned every bridge Davis ever had left with UM.

I think bringing Butch on would be like bringing in Tebow as back up QB. His cult like fans would call for him over every negative play.

I think bringing Butch on would be like bringing in Tebow as back up QB. His cult like fans would call for him over every negative play.

As a Jets fan, I can assure you this is the exact same behavior. The Butch cult is as delusional as the Tebow cult was back then.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back