Jack Allison (2016 QB commit) 247 update

Advertisement
So if golden gets fired, he sticks?

Looks like a Coley special here

What if coley isn't retained?

No chance this happens. Part of the reason Coley was hired was for the same reason Cristobal was hired: To recruit.

Golden knows he needed more pull in the state and its a big reason Coley was brought on.

Coley needs to evolve as a playcaller, but if Golden shows nearly as much patience with Coley as he has with Dorito, there isn't any reason to think he'll be cut loose.

Miami’s 2016 recruiting class is on a roll and the commitment of Palmetto quarterback Jack Allison probably had something to do with it. Allison (6-5, 185) ended the process early on June 23rd when he notified Cane coaches that he would be headed in their direction.

-Says “I knew Miami was the perfect place and I realized right there that I was done,” “It felt so right and I knew I was going to commit there sometime anyway. I figured why hold myself back from being where I want to be?”

-Says “When I went there for the first camp, I got a good feeling, but the second time made it for sure,” “Meeting Coach Coley, I saw how good of a dude he is and he’s somebody I want to play for. Coach Golden is awesome too, I got a chance to sit down in his office. We talked and I really liked what he had to say. Of course the tradition of the ‘U’ is amazing and I wanted to be a part of that.”

-turned down other offers from Alabama, Missouri, Tennessee, South Florida, and UCF. He’s happy having his mind made up and there’s no way it will change later.

-Says “It was nice to get it off my mind and focus on just football and Miami,” “Now I won’t be getting pulled out of class to talk with all these coaches who come by. It wouldn’t even matter because I’m a Miami guy, a million dollars couldn’t take me away at this point.”

-Allison is already joined by five future teammates, three of whom are talented pass catches from prominent programs in South Florida.

-Says “I’m really excited about our class, the best part is it’s mostly wide receivers,” Allison laughed. “Sam Bruce, Dionte Mullins, (Dredrick) Snelson, those guys are straight studs. I hit them all up on Twitter and I talked to Sam once or twice. I’ve never met any of them before but I can’t wait to get down with them. I bet they were there at the camp when I was but I didn’t know who they were at the time.” :diaf:

-explained what Miami will be getting in him despite not being a finished product with two high school seasons left to play.

-Says “I’m a winner, I’m not going to lose games without doing everything it takes,” “I don’t even want to be labeled as a pro-style quarterback, just as somebody who gets it done. Now I could bring a little more speed to the table, I’m trying to get my 40 time down from a 4.9. I’m shooting for a 4.2 but I’m not sure if that can happen. In all seriousness, I’m working hard on improving my mobility.”

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/QB-Commit-Jack-Allison-Thrilled-Over-Future-Targets-29617853
261.gif

Take away what we've heard and seen negative about Olsen so far and this staff has been pretty **** money when it comes to QB recruiting, all things considered. This kid is as good as it gets for his age and seems like he's all in. Beast.

Hmmm, Olsen was Fisch guy so I wont include him...

But I know some have issues with playcalling (and we will get a better idea I think this year in that regards) but you have to give MAJOR props to Coley for what he has done to our qb recruiting in the year time he has been here. Kaaya, Rosier, Lawson, Allison, WOW. Talk about turning over the roster in no time. I dont think we have had a depth chart like that in maybe 15 years. We are QB U!! Got to give coley his due man, crazy. All those kids bring something to the table. They wont all pan out but that is how you stack the cards in your favor. We will get great qb play in near future.

Advertisement
His size, straightforwardness, sarcastic humor and self-assuredness is very Dorsey-esque (I remember the story about Ken Dorsey's assuredness and Portis' subsequent "you be trippin" comment in making this statement).

Miami’s 2016 recruiting class is on a roll and the commitment of Palmetto quarterback Jack Allison probably had something to do with it. Allison (6-5, 185) ended the process early on June 23rd when he notified Cane coaches that he would be headed in their direction.

-Says “I knew Miami was the perfect place and I realized right there that I was done,” “It felt so right and I knew I was going to commit there sometime anyway. I figured why hold myself back from being where I want to be?”

-Says “When I went there for the first camp, I got a good feeling, but the second time made it for sure,” “Meeting Coach Coley, I saw how good of a dude he is and he’s somebody I want to play for. Coach Golden is awesome too, I got a chance to sit down in his office. We talked and I really liked what he had to say. Of course the tradition of the ‘U’ is amazing and I wanted to be a part of that.”

-turned down other offers from Alabama, Missouri, Tennessee, South Florida, and UCF. He’s happy having his mind made up and there’s no way it will change later.

-Says “It was nice to get it off my mind and focus on just football and Miami,” “Now I won’t be getting pulled out of class to talk with all these coaches who come by. It wouldn’t even matter because I’m a Miami guy, a million dollars couldn’t take me away at this point.

-Allison is already joined by five future teammates, three of whom are talented pass catches from prominent programs in South Florida.

-Says “I’m really excited about our class, the best part is it’s mostly wide receivers,” Allison laughed. “Sam Bruce, Dionte Mullins, (Dredrick) Snelson, those guys are straight studs. I hit them all up on Twitter and I talked to Sam once or twice. I’ve never met any of them before but I can’t wait to get down with them. I bet they were there at the camp when I was but I didn’t know who they were at the time.” :diaf:

-explained what Miami will be getting in him despite not being a finished product with two high school seasons left to play.

-Says “I’m a winner, I’m not going to lose games without doing everything it takes,” “I don’t even want to be labeled as a pro-style quarterback, just as somebody who gets it done. Now I could bring a little more speed to the table, I’m trying to get my 40 time down from a 4.9. I’m shooting for a 4.2 but I’m not sure if that can happen. In all seriousness, I’m working hard on improving my mobility.

http://miami.247sports.com/Article/QB-Commit-Jack-Allison-Thrilled-Over-Future-Targets-29617853

223.jpg

Advertisement

-Says “I’m a winner, I’m not going to lose games without doing everything it takes,” “I don’t even want to be labeled as a pro-style quarterback, just as somebody who gets it done. Now I could bring a little more speed to the table, I’m trying to get my 40 time down from a 4.9. I’m shooting for a 4.2 but I’m not sure if that can happen. In all seriousness, I’m working hard on improving my mobility.”

259.gif

So if golden gets fired, he sticks?

Looks like a Coley special here

What if coley isn't retained?

56.gif

all of our 2016 commits are leaders i love it. all of them wanna bring the U back this class is and will continue to be special.

Advertisement
Take away what we've heard and seen negative about Olsen so far and this staff has been pretty **** money when it comes to QB recruiting, all things considered. This kid is as good as it gets for his age and seems like he's all in. Beast.

And in all fairness, Olsen was recruited by Fisch. It doesn't seem Olsen has endeared himself very well to any of the coaches.

And in all fairness, Olsen was recruited by Fisch. It doesn't seem Olsen has endeared himself very well to any of the coaches.

Right I was just saying he was a top prospect brought in during Goldens tenure. It was a great, if not surprising, pickup at the time. Golden brought in Dewey and Crow but you also gotta remember he was very firm that he wanted more QBs on this roster than Shannon did and it's tough to convince any legit kid to come in and just be a body. Coley obviously has been huge, but just an observation about the position since Shannon left.

it really makes you shake your head at Shannon. Spencer Whipple, Cannon Smith, AJ Highsmith...smh. and he only planned to bring in Bridgewater to replace Jacory. smh again.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back