Jaccuri Brown will return for the 2024 season

Advertisement
When are the Maudes gonna host a CiS etiquette class? I think we can all see that it’s sorely needed.

1704320075825.png

Advertisement
He’s losing his cool because you called him an idiot in here. Now he’s responding so the infraction goes to you for insults though it could be for derail and you’re out of this thread.

I don’t know what some of you guys think is going to happen when you insult someone but it usually gets a retaliatory response.
I think a lifetime ban is in order but that's just me 😁

Last edited:
REALLY needed JB to stay and develop him it will pay dividends moving forward with recruiting/portal
He’s staying because Ward fell through. How that helps the portal I have zero idea.
I’m confused, is anyone in here anointing Brown the starter next year? I don’t think so.

But I do think it’s disingenuous to act like his performance against Rutgers, who was probably one of the 3 or 4 best defenses we played all season, didn’t show some reason for optimism. If Jacolby catches that first pass he’s probably somewhere in the 250 yard range, and we were missing two starting o-linemen (one of which was replaced with a nepo-baby), starting running back, and a starting wide receiver.

There is no reason we couldn’t run something resembling the offense Bama won 12 games with if we DID have to roll with Brown next year. Now, whether the coaching staff would adapt is a different topic altogether.
Miami and roughly 130 other FBS teams can’t run the offense that Bama runs against plus competition and expect the same success. Fifteen years of elite recruiting allows them to do what they do. To **** with yardage and most of the other stats that don’t matter other than not turning the ball over. Like it or not, Michigan is exactly what Mario has in mind of what he wants. And FYI Milroe is a much more dynamic man with the ball in his hands than JB. It’s not even close.

Like stats? Take a look at JJ McCarthy’s game by game season breakdown. The guy had 3 or 4 games where he didn’t find the end zone with his arm. He works with what’s available to him and understands where he fits within the system they run. Give me the guy who will have a **** eating grin on his face as he mouths a thorny rose while doing interviews after a rose bowl win all day every day.

This thread is comical.

We don’t win any more than maybe 8 games with Brown starting at QB next season, and that’s being nice.
100%

I don't see how people who watched the bowl think Brown can lead this team to the playoffs. He is just not very accurate and looks like he would be a TO machine. Kid has all the Physical tools to be great but when you watch him he looks so uncomfortable when he throws the ball.

Man we are in trouble.

Advertisement
Lol he played well in the bowl game. His game wasn’t in full display either because the coaches were scared to call plays over 15 yards
He had several instances where there was an open WR in the middle of the field and he wouldn't throw it. He is not comfortable in the pocket.

100%

I don't see how people who watched the bowl think Brown can lead this team to the playoffs. He is just not very accurate and looks like he would be a TO machine. Kid has all the Physical tools to be great but when you watch him he looks so uncomfortable when he throws the ball.

Man we are in trouble.
So funny the people think we won’t have a portal qb. If not now, we will by spring.

I just reread this entire thread because I figured I must have missed something, but no. Who the **** are you all arguing with? Did anyone say Brown would lead this team to the playoffs as the starter next year? No. Did anyone say we’re a 9 or 10 win team with him starting next year? Also no.

He had several instances where there was an open WR in the middle of the field and he wouldn't throw it. He is not comfortable in the pocket.
He went through progressions though. He just didn’t want to throw pics man. It’s understandable for a kid who hadn’t played all year. But that’s also on the coaches. They didn’t roll him out and help him out there. He did that when running for his life. He was running for his life often lol.

Advertisement
This is a quote from an interview coach Dawson did when he was hired as our OC explaining what he looks for in quarterbacks:

“I think coaches sometimes, especially recruiting quarterbacks, they overanalyze things,” Dawson said. “They want everything to be in this pretty little package, where it’s a no-brainer, and that’s just not the case. You got to see something in the kid that kind of triggers you, and to me, it’s all about accuracy. You look at all these quarterbacks that are five-star kids, and they don’t all work out. Typically, the reason they don’t work out is because they’re not accurate. Like you can have a strong arm, and you can be athletic. You can have all these things, but if you can’t throw the football accurately from point A to point B, you’re going to struggle as a quarterback. The fact of the matter is, if you can’t throw the football accurately, you can get all these quarterback gurus you want to help you, it just ain’t happening, brother."

“Your throwing motion has been ingrained into your body since you’ve been throwing rocks as a little kid, and you’re not changing that. You can change it in a drill, but once live action happens, you’re reverting back to what’s natural, and good luck. Stetson was extremely accurate. Mac was unbelievably accurate. They had great releases. I didn’t really care what the package look like around them. I just knew, this kid can throw the football accurately with a great release, and we can build around them. That’s the way I’ve always viewed recruiting the quarterback.”

So, what does that tell you all about Jacurri’s future in this offense?

This is a quote from an interview coach Dawson did when he was hired as our OC explaining what he looks for in quarterbacks:

“I think coaches sometimes, especially recruiting quarterbacks, they overanalyze things,” Dawson said. “They want everything to be in this pretty little package, where it’s a no-brainer, and that’s just not the case. You got to see something in the kid that kind of triggers you, and to me, it’s all about accuracy. You look at all these quarterbacks that are five-star kids, and they don’t all work out. Typically, the reason they don’t work out is because they’re not accurate. Like you can have a strong arm, and you can be athletic. You can have all these things, but if you can’t throw the football accurately from point A to point B, you’re going to struggle as a quarterback. The fact of the matter is, if you can’t throw the football accurately, you can get all these quarterback gurus you want to help you, it just ain’t happening, brother."

“Your throwing motion has been ingrained into your body since you’ve been throwing rocks as a little kid, and you’re not changing that. You can change it in a drill, but once live action happens, you’re reverting back to what’s natural, and good luck. Stetson was extremely accurate. Mac was unbelievably accurate. They had great releases. I didn’t really care what the package look like around them. I just knew, this kid can throw the football accurately with a great release, and we can build around them. That’s the way I’ve always viewed recruiting the quarterback.”

That it's between him and Emory and we should be thankful to have him here in Miami considering how difficult it is to get someone that can throw the ball at all. Pause

Advertisement

It tells me that if Mario can't bribe a qb to come here, he'll be competing with Emory for the starting qb job

It tells me that if Mario can't bribe a qb to come here, he'll be competing with Emory for the starting qb job
Emory missed a lot of throws this year.

Jacurri stayed for a reason after there being transfer rumors. He has to believe he has a legitimate shot to start next year or 2025 at worst.

Advertisement
Back