Jaccuri Brown will return for the 2024 season

Advertisement
This is a bad take as far as 'fans' are concerned - I wouldn't say there's much polarization at all (except for idiots like @cway313 ). Everyone wants the same outcome: everyone loves this kid; everyone loves what a leader and high-character kid he is; everyone loves his potential.

But eventually this kid has gotta start balling out... Tyler balled the **** out half his time here and he got run out of town, HE was polarizing. Again I love Jacurri, I hope he stay and one day balls out for the U.

Please stop this BS. Youre thinking too much in your own mind and not from a general/broad perspective.

Im on all platforms a Cane fan can be on. I measure about 60% absolute hate and no confidence in his abilities and 40% support and belief.

The fanbase is very polarizing with a strong majority making dumb *** takes like " he cant throw a forward pass" and " I want him to move to WR or Safety"

From his Uncle tonight:

“We want to do what is better for him individually and collectively for the program,” “He requested to redshirt. He was coming from a very basic offense (in high school), really didn’t quite understand the responsibilities and keys to be a high level quarterback. And he figured that out pretty quickly, that it’s not high school anymore. And to get to that point it takes time.

“People expect you to just pick it up overnight, and if you’re not an All-American after your freshman year it’s `change positions, leave.’”

“His mindset is to compete. When you look at the roster, he’s a different player. So let’s look at his whole game and find a way to maximize his ability.”

He stopped just short of saying that Brown will also forgo entering the second portal window that starts after spring ball.

“He’s locked in, but of course things can change,” “He’s locked in, ready to go. But with recruiting and the portal it’s a very fluid situation.”“It’s now time for the kid and the program to roll up their sleeves and get back to work." He says the family isn’t happy with “how polarizing the kid has become,” with Canes fans lining up on two sides of the fence regarding if Brown can become an elite QB at Miami and others arguing he should change positions."
Big big ups for this kid. Let him develop. Stop hating.

Please stop this BS. Youre thinking too much in your own mind and not from a general/broad perspective.

Im on all platforms a Cane fan can be on. I measure about 60% absolute hate and no confidence in his abilities and 40% support and belief.

The fanbase is very polarizing with a strong majority making dumb *** takes like " he cant throw a forward pass" and " I want him to move to WR or Safety"
i actually like Browns ceiling better than Emory tbh. if we can develop Brown, i think we could be very good with him due to his physical attributes in comparison to a physically limited emory.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The more bodies in the QB room the better. Been a while since we’ve had a few guys with a pulse in the same room.

The comparisons being thrown out there for JB are off. Hendon Hooker was a 60%+ guy with a 3 to 1 ratio with subpar VT teams for a couple years before going to TN. Travis improved a great deal for a few reasons. First and foremost his line evolved from being historically bad to serviceable. The second was having an elite RB and a receiver who’s 6’5 and another who’s at least 6’7”.

It would be great if he developed into a Big Ben/Randall Cunningham hybrid but I don’t think that will happen. Like it or not he’s #2 in the staff’s plans and #3 with any serviceable transfer.

That’s wishful thinking. That TD pass in the Rutgers game looked so uncomfortable 🥴 a very easy read and he almost didn’t throw it. I hope he keeps improving and balls out tho!
That actually looked like a really nice play where he waited for the second progression to break free.

His first read was I believe a RB on something like an angle route. It was that old Lashlee play where the QB lunges forward like he is going to run then pulls back and tries to hit the TE or RB over the LB. Problem is, it worked so well the RB got tackled. I mean literally bear hugged and taken to the ground because he was going to run right past them (how no flag was thrown is beyond me). Jaccuri had to pull it back, reset and quickly get it out to Restrepo in the corner. Last year he probably would have thrown in in the dirt or taken off and ran vs moving to his second read.

Wasnt the smoothest progression but was still an nice play.

Advertisement
This thread is comical.

We don’t win any more than maybe 8 games with Brown starting at QB next season, and that’s being nice.
Extremely generous indeed.

Not sure what the hang up is for some with JB. If he develops I’ll be as happy as anyone else. But the comparisons I hear are not even close. He had some good moments in the game but zero to justify this desire to hand the guy the starting nod or make him the lead horse. He missed more opportunities downfield than JW did against the gator a few years back. All because he does not keep his eyes downfield or have a good feel for the pocket.

My concern for him is the inability to consistently make the plays that matter. I feel comfortable saying we don’t win Clemson and the FSU game isn’t even close. Yet somehow someway he should be the guy.

Emory missed far too many throws at FSU. Four drops didn’t help the game or stat line but he’s a dog who even through his struggles had us within a score in the closing minutes and picked up another 4th down with his legs. You mix in a RB who can beat a flat footed safety 1v1 in the open field instead of running into his chest and you probably have another W there. Portal me an efficient leader and give the guys on the roster another year is best above all.

Advertisement
My only concern is the overwhelming need for Dawson to keep 3/4 of the playbook closed with both Emory and Jacurri. Whoever the guy ends up being, they have to open it up and call more than the 4 Tecmo Bowl plays or nobody will be successful.

I’m confused, is anyone in here anointing Brown the starter next year? I don’t think so.

But I do think it’s disingenuous to act like his performance against Rutgers, who was probably one of the 3 or 4 best defenses we played all season, didn’t show some reason for optimism. If Jacolby catches that first pass he’s probably somewhere in the 250 yard range, and we were missing two starting o-linemen (one of which was replaced with a nepo-baby), starting running back, and a starting wide receiver.

There is no reason we couldn’t run something resembling the offense Bama won 12 games with if we DID have to roll with Brown next year. Now, whether the coaching staff would adapt is a different topic altogether.

I’m confused, is anyone in here anointing Brown the starter next year? I don’t think so.

But I do think it’s disingenuous to act like his performance against Rutgers, who was probably one of the 3 or 4 best defenses we played all season, didn’t show some reason for optimism. If Jacolby catches that first pass he’s probably somewhere in the 250 yard range, and we were missing two starting o-linemen (one of which was replaced with a nepo-baby), starting running back, and a starting wide receiver.

There is no reason we couldn’t run something resembling the offense Bama won 12 games with if we DID have to roll with Brown next year. Now, whether the coaching staff would adapt is a different topic altogether.
That first pass was probably a TD and that shovel pass would have easily gone for 50.

Advertisement
Back