Jaccuri Brown will return for the 2024 season

He loves Miami. The team likes him.

He'll work his butt off to win the job. There's no downside right now. If he changes his mind after spring, he's at least brought some competition to the room.

Who knows when Emory will be cleared for contact? At least there's a QB who has played in the offense on the roster for spring ball.

Advertisement
He just seems like a legit great young man. Always good to have in the program.. especially with his athletic skills & natural leadership abilities.
Always came across genuinely self aware about his needed progression, and yet half the fanbase decided he was an entitled quitter. We’ve bemoaned guys leaving early and going undrafted, or transferring out because they weren’t ready for PT, but then we have a guy that has the mindset we see from guys at Bama and UGA and start up rumors he quit. It’s wild.

Didn’t an insider say he was paid not to transfer before the bowl game? So we paid him not to transfer and he ends up not transferring anyway? Did we up his NIL in desperation?

Advertisement
Keep working on his game and he can play qb in college it may take time. Look at Hendon hooker and Jordan Travis.
I’ve saying the last 2 years that Jacurri is getting NIL money
Keep working on his game and he can play qb in college it may take time. Look at Hendon hooker and Jordan Travis.
Jacurri is getting NIL money, he should hire a real quarterback coach that can fix his mechanics! It would be well worth the investment!

He loves Miami. The team likes him.

He'll work his butt off to win the job. There's no downside right now. If he changes his mind after spring, he's at least brought some competition to the room.

Who knows when Emory will be cleared for contact? At least there's a QB who has played in the offense on the roster for spring ball.
I would think Emory could throw by now.

Advertisement
Advertisement
From his Uncle tonight:

“We want to do what is better for him individually and collectively for the program,” “He requested to redshirt. He was coming from a very basic offense (in high school), really didn’t quite understand the responsibilities and keys to be a high level quarterback. And he figured that out pretty quickly, that it’s not high school anymore. And to get to that point it takes time.

“People expect you to just pick it up overnight, and if you’re not an All-American after your freshman year it’s `change positions, leave.’”

“His mindset is to compete. When you look at the roster, he’s a different player. So let’s look at his whole game and find a way to maximize his ability.”

He stopped just short of saying that Brown will also forgo entering the second portal window that starts after spring ball.

“He’s locked in, but of course things can change,” “He’s locked in, ready to go. But with recruiting and the portal it’s a very fluid situation.”“It’s now time for the kid and the program to roll up their sleeves and get back to work." He says the family isn’t happy with “how polarizing the kid has become,” with Canes fans lining up on two sides of the fence regarding if Brown can become an elite QB at Miami and others arguing he should change positions."

Advertisement
I really want to see this kid succeed. He’s said and done all the right things since he’s been here. He’s athletic as ****. He’s fast. He can sling it a mile. The issue is his accuracy, in particular mid range throws. I’m not sure that can be taught or coached. I think mechanics can help, but I’m talking touch. When I see him hitting guys in stride 10-20 yards downfield, I’ll buy in completely.

As for this contrived story of him being selfish, entitled, quitting - that never made sense to me. Ever. He asked to be redshirted because he is self aware and mature to admit he needs/needed some help. That’s a positive, not a negative. If he chooses to portal out in Spring, so be it. I hope he stays and has an awesome career here.

There are some people in our fan base that relish at Canes failures because it gratifies their own egos to be right. They’re like anti-fans. Those people suck. Mopes.

Advertisement
Back