Jabari Ishmael adding size

Advertisement
If he can give us anything like the fella below then we good.

(I compare because both were string-beans in high school. But, both added the necessary weight during the red-shirt year)

1647749796870.png

Advertisement
Glad someone mentioned it. Skinny dudes don’t just lift weights and grow muscles. They have to bulk to gain mass then cut to get leaner.
Ummm what??? There are millions of examples of skinny guys gaining mass and remaining cut all along the way. You don't have to get fat while putting on a bunch of mass. Given how he has gained weight, I'm wondering if his ability to hit the weights (due to his injury) has not matched is caloric intake. Otherwise, it seems more like genetics to me, and we should consider turning him into a DT.

Advertisement
Ummm what??? There are millions of examples of skinny guys gaining mass and remaining cut all along the way. You don't have to get fat while putting on a bunch of mass. Given how he has gained weight, I'm wondering if his ability to hit the weights (due to his injury) has not matched is caloric intake. Otherwise, it seems more like genetics to me, and we should consider turning him into a DT.
Yeah, these guys have either 1. elite genetics and/or 2. bulk over a year at a 150-250 calorie surplus.

He will lose 15lbs during fall camp. He will be ok not worried if it’s “bad weight” right now.

We have a a true team watching what these kids eat now along with supplements and Felds team. It worried at all about his weight.

Now can he play football, no clue.

This. Don’t have to grow ****

Advertisement
Advertisement
Yeah if you’re talking about gaining 15 lbs over a year’s worth of training. Anyone who wants to put on mass has to bulk. I mean actual mass, not just getting fit.

Considering his father has been a strength coach at UM for a long time, I’d say he probably knows how to gain mass.

Advertisement
Back