Ivins Update

Advertisement
I think some of you just like to stir up mess! No one can tell you about the relationship with my son and the coaches but us! Y'all act like you want kids to NOT go to the U! This is insane! The coaches came to our house, ate conch salad, conch fritters, curry chicken and rice, we had great conversation and discussed plans for the future. I will tell you that all of this negative talk has made ME have to continue to make sure my son doesn't get discouraged about his commitment. If the fans who have been following UM for years don't have faith in the team, why do you think these kids should? Thank God that they do tho but I promise you, the fans don't make it easy! These young men are just that, YOUNG! Which means they're impressionable. Stop being negative (not just you) and then wonder why kids change their minds. Then y'all talk about the kids being Diva's, punks and any other asinine words you can think of. Thank goodness he does have a good relationship with the coaches because this mess sure doesn't help!

Some of these fans should de-commit lol

Advertisement
I think some of you just like to stir up mess! No one can tell you about the relationship with my son and the coaches but us! Y'all act like you want kids to NOT go to the U! This is insane! The coaches came to our house, ate conch salad, conch fritters, curry chicken and rice, we had great conversation and discussed plans for the future. I will tell you that all of this negative talk has made ME have to continue to make sure my son doesn't get discouraged about his commitment. If the fans who have been following UM for years don't have faith in the team, why do you think these kids should? Thank God that they do tho but I promise you, the fans don't make it easy! These young men are just that, YOUNG! Which means they're impressionable. Stop being negative (not just you) and then wonder why kids change their minds. Then y'all talk about the kids being Diva's, punks and any other asinine words you can think of. Thank goodness he does have a good relationship with the coaches because this mess sure doesn't help!
Thatā€™s part of the reason kids donā€™t come to UM and rather leave because they do pay attention to all the message boards and the bull**** these people put out there discourages kid the re-evaluate their decision

Too bad we cannot have a blackout period on social media and message boards, before the signing period!

It could be just like old times, when these young men and fan base were somewhat isolated, and we wouldnā€™t find out until signing day their school of choice!

Keep up the good work, and donā€™t let a few bad apples ruin the bunch!

Holy **** sign me up for dinner some time please

Advertisement
Thatā€™s part of the reason kids donā€™t come to UM and rather leave because they do pay attention to all the message boards and the bull**** these people put out there discourages kid the re-evaluate their decision
Of course they do! This is the era we are now living in unfortunately.

Are we really out here getting clowned by Minnesota now? Canā€™t even get that kid on a visit BC Fleck said no lmao
While pathetic, they are about to put two legit NFL WRs into the league. Not like our guys either where maybe one day 5th string will become 2 catches for 30 yards

This needs to be pinned for all to see.

Good lord. What an incredibly poignant indictment of the absolute moronclowns who claim to be fans of this program. Jesus Christ.

Of course, this will change nothing. The dudes who follow this program who struggled to attain their GED's will continue to sabotage the program through their poorly spelled attempts to think they're evoking change. But, my god. You've got a woman here, obviously educated, intelligent, PASSIONATE about this program and local with a high character, motivated student-athlete who is excited to try to come here and help this program win while bettering himself as a man and athlete....and she's got to post a whole **** paragraph telling you ****head morons to calm the **** down.

Worst fanbase on the planet gonna worst fanbase on the planet. ****.

To Elijah's mom: Thank you for having a good head on your shoulders and instilling the same in your son. The VERY few of us in this fanbase who finished 7th grade are incredibly excited to watch your son flourish and grow over the next 4 years. We wish you and your family all the very best.

Advertisement
I don't even know how to "troll" someonešŸ¤·šŸ¾ā€ā™€ļø I'm 43 yrs old. Too šŸ¤¬ to play games like that. His future is not a joke.
I have no doubt Ms. Roberts. I was sitting about 4 rows behind where you were standing. You need to ignore people on the boards who sneak on and start talking nonsense. Good luck in the State Championship!

Thanks for responding. I figured you would. Here is one main problem with the internet and social media and it has been for many many years. This guy (and many others) who talk negatively and put down players are probably not Miami fans. Rivals fans of Florida, FSU and others can easily create a login to this ā€œfreeā€ site and start saying whatever they want. Same with Twitter. There is no one moderating this board or internet. Unfortunately for a 17,18 or 19 yr old kid, they dont have enough life experiences to understand that someone is trolling them.

Trolling has been around since message boards were created almost 20 years ago. I have said many times that the moderators on this board do a very poor job of keeping the slander off the board. Itā€™s ok to disagree and have arguments, but attacking people personally should not be allowed. @DMoney should know that recruits and players read this board, yet he allows it on a daily basis.

all in all, most fans are frustrated and want to see their canes be great, same as you and your family. Donā€™t let a few fake fans and internet trolls sway you wether itā€™s about Canes football, politics or anything else. The internet is a dirty place and social media has made it 100 times worse.

good luck to you and your family in the future.

Advertisement
Yeah I plan on staying off once he starts cause these people will make me lose my walk with Jesus! Geesh! šŸ¤¦šŸ¾ā€ā™€ļøšŸ¤£

Shaqs dad did the same thing. This is one of the worst Canes boards and has gone down hill over the years. No itā€™s a bunch of bickering all day with very little info. A great life lesson early on for your son. Canā€™t get caught up in what is happening on the internet. It can derail your plan from the start. We see it all day every day.

This post should be pinned to the top for eternity.

God bless you and your child!!!!! Canā€™t wait till he balls out for the U!!!!

Advertisement
Back