Ivins Update (6/25)

Advertisement
Regarding Thomas Davis. 247 just posted this:

You won’t find many pass rushers in this 2021 recruiting class that are more twitched up than Davis, who can clock a laser timed 40 in the 4.7 range at 234 pounds.

Davis also put up an impressive L-cone drill that would have been
second best amongst defensive ends at the recent NFL combine.

It did also say he was barely over 6'

Valdosta Lowdnes website had him at 6'0 200 last season or so. I'd guess he may be close to 6'1, i was doubting the 6'2 1/2 part. The thing is he has LONG ARMS. I compared him to a Jerome Mcdougle and i still hold that. Kid could be that here. Actually like the weight he is at. Kid is going to be a 6'1 250 wrecking ball in short order.

Advertisement
so essentially a wide en, a ninetech while the other 3DL get hungry on gaps?
Kind of. It carries coverage responsibilities so that’s why I went more towards jack backer but you essentially got it.

Kind of. It carries coverage responsibilities so that’s why I went more towards jack backer but you essentially got it.

yeah ran a defemce that way. Essentially set the edge on run, go after the qb or you have flats. Might be slight different for me in Canadian ball though

Advertisement
Valdosta Lowdnes website had him at 6'0 200 last season or so. I'd guess he may be close to 6'1, i was doubting the 6'2 1/2 part. The thing is he has LONG ARMS. I compared him to a Jerome Mcdougle and i still hold that. Kid could be that here. Actually like the weight he is at. Kid is going to be a 6'1 250 wrecking ball in short order.
Vinny Curry from Marshall is another comp I like here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back