Ivins: Now what on CB's

Advertisement
We need adults and proven coaches on this defensive staff so bad. This year we finally have those 2 components on O and, although we are far from great, it has fixed so much for us already.

This staff has been together for 4/5 years, all the players were their evals and recruits, anywhere we look on the back 7 we see problems on the rotation or techniques breakdowns

Look preseason what was said about Greg, & roche on defense and brevin on offense. Y'all's feelings don't have to match scouts opinions luckily.
Greg didn't play one snap this year... So his draft status is irrelevant to our 2020 talent.. Brevin was viewed as a 2nd rounder going into the season. Now he likely falls to the 3rd. Roche was viewed as a 2nd to 3rd rounder. Roche and Jalean are about it as far a clear future NFL guys on defense. Bubba is way to inconsistent to be an early round pick, him and blades.

LBs no player's getting drafted
OL No players getting drafted
WR no one is getting drafted unless Harley goes late
DT Nesta might go late
CB no one is getting drafted
S Bubba should get drafted 5th round or so but his stock is falling. Talent wise were nowhere near the upper echelon programs right now. Right now we're 7-1 with probably our least pure talented team in a long time. The only thing that's a huge upgrade is QB.

Bro! I just had like...a brainstorm! Why don’t we fire the guy that can’t make his own Evans and hire somebody to coach CBs AND make his own Evals. Don’t think too hard! You might have a stroke.
You want manny and ephraim to coach corners too?

You want manny and ephraim to coach corners too?
No, hire somebody they trust to do the evals. Period. I was one of Mike’s biggest supporters but I can’t defend this. Why have him there if you can’t trust him with evals? 2 of the best CB/DB coaches in the country are sitting at TCU and Louisiana Tech. It wouldn’t take too much to replace Mike with Jeremy Modkins or Jeff Burris.

Advertisement
No, hire somebody they trust to do the evals. Period. I was one of Mike’s biggest supporters but I can’t defend this. Why have him there if you can’t trust him with evals? 2 of the best CB/DB coaches in the country are sitting at TCU and Louisiana Tech. It wouldn’t take too much to replace Mike with Jeremy Modkins or Jeff Burris.
Then u gotta wonder why haven't they done it yet manny has had 3 opportunities to maybe he likes having a guy who will let him do that and not leave . just a thought

Before you rationalize things with people who can't comprehend reality think on mike's situation. He came here after a high school coaching career and his resume is literally nothing but here. How many opportunities you think he'll get elsewhere after multiple years here and the ringing endorsements that must be lining up... How many chances you think he's got to make the salary he makes? You guys act like y'all so quick to walk away from 150k coaching positions. Most of y'all on here get **** on at burger king. But do y'all walk away and say I'm better than this and not get minimum wage elsewhere in the meantime. That's not directed at any person in particular. Just saying all the holier than this crap is hypocritical.
**** now that you put it that way, id be a do boy/gopher for 150k too. Rumph da finess gawd. Won't ever say another bad word about bandas corner room.

But on a serious note with his personal CB credentials you don't think he couldn't make that much being a private teacher/ putting on clinics?

**** now that you put it that way, id be a do boy/gopher for 150k too. Rumph da finess gawd. Won't ever say another bad word about bandas corner room.

But on a serious note with his personal CB credentials you don't think he couldn't make that much being a private teacher/ putting on clinics?

He makes more than 150K

Has nothing to do with mike. That's who manny is as an individual. There's a reason he has a staph of yes men... You mention who he trusts like you don't understand he's not accepted himself in the coaching fraternity.

Advertisement

That's not his personality & I used the 150 as an example. Makes more

Imagine Brian Hartline not having the allowance to recruit the wide receivers he wants.

Dude would just leave the program like asap. I can start to understand why Rumph feels disconnected. Feel like a Grade A idiot for slandering him on several occasions.

Thanks for the insight @Tee3000.

Advertisement
Man north of 150k?! I feel like I can bring more than one CB to the recruiting room for that kinda dough. Even if I was donating half to those CBs lol.

Is a kids medical history something that's looked at before signing or was it "surprise your second cb has a faulty ticker?"

Why wouldn't more miami "dudes" be up in arms about a legend being treated as a second rate citizen to a bartender?

Greg didn't play one snap this year... So his draft status is irrelevant to our 2020 talent.. Brevin was viewed as a 2nd rounder going into the season. Now he likely falls to the 3rd. Roche was viewed as a 2nd to 3rd rounder. Roche and Jalean are about it as far a clear future NFL guys on defense. Bubba is way to inconsistent to be an early round pick, him and blades.

LBs no player's getting drafted
OL No players getting drafted
WR no one is getting drafted unless Harley goes late
DT Nesta might go late
CB no one is getting drafted
S Bubba should get drafted 5th round or so but his stock is falling. Talent wise were nowhere near the upper echelon programs right now. Right now we're 7-1 with probably our least pure talented team in a long time. The only thing that's a huge upgrade is QB.

this team is less talented than the other two teams to start this well (13 and 17)

Advertisement
Man north of 150k?! I feel like I can bring more than one CB to the recruiting room for that kinda dough. Even if I was donating half to those CBs lol.

Is a kids medical history something that's looked at before signing or was it "surprise your second cb has a faulty ticker?"

Why wouldn't more miami "dudes" be up in arms about a legend being treated as a second rate citizen to a bartender?

Seriously?

Look, I don't know if you have given thought to this, but a lot of HS kids (particularly in less well-off neighborhoods) do not exactly have great healthcare coverage, let alone a lengthy medical history related to the heart. ****, one of my good friends from undergrad/law school died from an undiagnosed heart condition, and he was making serious money and had great healthcare.

When we recruit these kids, we are not allowed to give them some sort of multi-day physical examination handled by a team of doctors. Sadly, this is why a lot of these kids (not just at UM) get diagnosed with career-ending conditions that may well have been present earlier in their lives.

If people giving out offers we're doing better at vetting kids, than yes absolutely your medical chart is looked at.

Advertisement
Back