Ivins: Now what on CB's

He seemed to be cool the two times i saw him. He was the guy greeting everyone that comes to the camp and seemed genuine. He was plugged in. But i get what @dsddcane is saying too...Pope and Wiggins are literally his guys...hes known them from pre teens. So may have a bias to them.

Cooney seems good in the spot he is at on staff imo.
Pj(his bro idk if u knew) was my position coach and man if u wanna talk about a great guy wow. Pop was always moral support and was there for me when my career ended to injuries. Pj bro if he gets on staff it's over this man knows the trenches of football and every player loves him. Leonard taylor, dante anderson , daniel lyons who all transferred stil train and use him for recruiting tips

Advertisement
He has a problem with Cooney and a majority of the staff so while I'm sure he has a lot of inside info being a former player there's also been stories of coaches pointing guns at his nephew multiple times and Rumph being offered/turning down the DC job twice which seem pretty far fetched.
Is there any other former players on this site?

Ahhhhhh. U mean specifically the team with two projected first round draft picks on its defense, one on offense and four stars and several five stars (one of them being the #1 player in all of the country) all throughout it's roster... That 2020 team? Lol see what I mean about a thought going a long way.
Whose projected to go in the first round on defense? **** even offense??

Yeah, logic would definitely dictate this stance. However, the lack of evidence to back this up, and several years worth of evidence of the demonsrable recruiting incompetence of our CBs coach are the reason why folks are justifiably pessimistic.

I want to believe you're right, but I'm sceptical.

Oh you don’t have to...I’m in the know..this is fact though.

Last edited:
Crazy part is y'all don't even give him credit for the kids he's done the work on. Y'all just assume banda for everything because banda is LISTED as lead recruiter. Perfect example would be how y'all just throw banda in as who got tae to come here... Lol. Ask tweed how much banda had to do with that and how much rumph had to do with it. That would suck for y'all argument. Lol. Some people on here go so far out they way to target rumph with the nonsense you'd think they got a personal issue. People would say the same for me and cooney. Difference is I tell y'all flat out my issue with cooney and why I got an issue with cooney as any actual cane fan should have an issue with any coach who actively attempts to sabotage 95% of the team ... Y'all don't know one way or the other 100% of the time who's been involved in who's recruitment and how much they had to do with it. No biggie with that cause it's how it should be. Fans don't need to know more than there told. Even I realize that after far too much stupidity. Lord knows I speak with no filter most of the time. Maybe I'm wrong to do so. Because no matter what people are told their own bias will constantly come to the forefront. Reality is the ENTIRE DEFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL SHOULD IMMEDIATELY FILE FOR UNEMPLOYMENT. Everyone of them from top to bottom under performs and doesn't do anything they're paid for up to an acceptable level. So there's that.
The absolute TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

& yall know me & dsd don’t get along so I have zero reason to support what he’s saying but it’s the MF truth.

Advertisement
Whole defensive staff is whack. I have said it numerous times. None of them would coach at at power 5 anywhere in the country if they got fired after the year. That tells you everything you need to know. Not one school anywhere comes to try and hire our defensive coaches away and it’s cause they suck!

The absolute TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

& yall know me & dsd don’t get along so I have zero reason to support what he’s saying but it’s the MF truth.
So what’s the point of keeping Rumph on the staff??? Why not fire him and let Banda coach the CB’s and Safeties?

Advertisement
Us fans hope for the best and hope we win every game but we know most of these defensive coaches are not qualified to coach at this level.With the talent on defense we should be much better.Just the starters,at DE we have Phillips and Roche,one a 5* who is playing at that level and the other the top portal DE.At DT Nesta was top 3 at his position when he came out and Ford a high 3*.Now LB is the big weakness with 2 jags,both 3*.Striker is Frierson,another high 4*.In the secondary we have 3 4* cbs in Couch,Blades and Ivey.And at safety both Hall and Bolden were high 4*.Except for LB that's a lot of talent we have,we should be top 15 at least and we're nowhere near that because of coaching and lack of developing.

Who do yall think is going to come here to coach & take orders from an unqualified Banda?

Are yall on drugs?

Miami is a strong brand in a recruiting hotbed and coaches will line up for an opportunity here, regardless of your feelings about Banda.

Whether we are willing to pay top assistant coaches to be here has always been the real issue.

Advertisement
I still talk to him I won't mention u if u prefer but I'll definitely address it csz I remember him talking about miami as a fan and how he wants to build better than we ever were maybe he forget his roots and his goal.
Ur call. Like I said for me it's in the past and it's something that's been addressed.

CB recruiting was phucked from the word "go!". Not going after Divaad Wilson was a big mistake. Falling for Jason Marshalls "I am committed as long as nobody finds out before I make the announcement and if they do all bets are off" BS was an even bigger mistake. Its been all downhill from there. I blame Manny for the Divaad Wilson debacle. Hes the HC. It begins and ends with him.

Now we are left with nothing.

Its clear as day what is going to happen. They are going to the transfer portal for the CBs. That is Mannys strategy. If they dont get the guys at the top of the board at the HS level..they go the TP route. None of the remaining targets on the HS CB board are even remotely legit targets from what I can decipher. Not one.

While the TP has been MORE than good to us..I hope Manny knows what hes doing drawing from that well over and over again.
The TP is our JUCO. We have all our National titles with big time players from JUCO. The TP players we’ve gotten, have been the same as JUCOs.

Advertisement
I’m not saying it’s not true but my question is why put up with that and stay on the staff
Before you rationalize things with people who can't comprehend reality think on mike's situation. He came here after a high school coaching career and his resume is literally nothing but here. How many opportunities you think he'll get elsewhere after multiple years here and the ringing endorsements that must be lining up... How many chances you think he's got to make the salary he makes? You guys act like y'all so quick to walk away from 150k coaching positions. Most of y'all on here get **** on at burger king. But do y'all walk away and say I'm better than this and not get minimum wage elsewhere in the meantime. That's not directed at any person in particular. Just saying all the holier than this crap is hypocritical.

So what’s the point of keeping Rumph on the staff??? Why not fire him and let Banda coach the CB’s and Safeties?
Because the bartender gets away with his failings cause y'all never hold the right individuals accountable for they ****ery. I been telling y'all this for years and now a dude who as he admits himself I don't even come close to ****** with is telling y'all people start to listen. Till next week when it's convenient to forget again and it's fvck rumph once more

Before you rationalize things with people who can't comprehend reality think on mike's situation. He came here after a high school coaching career and his resume is literally nothing but here. How many opportunities you think he'll get elsewhere after multiple years here and the ringing endorsements that must be lining up... How many chances you think he's got to make the salary he makes? You guys act like y'all so quick to walk away from 150k coaching positions. Most of y'all on here get **** on at burger king. But do y'all walk away and say I'm better than this and not get minimum wage elsewhere in the meantime. That's not directed at any person in particular. Just saying all the holier than this crap is hypocritical.
I hear what you’re saying but at what point to you just say you can’t deal with the micromanaging. Is he as frustrated as you are with how they handle him?

Advertisement
Back