Ivins: Now what on CB's

Advertisement
Pedo State corner in the portal: Trent Gordon. Former 4 star. Not sure what was going on. Looks like he was a safety at one point there...

Crazy part is y'all don't even give him credit for the kids he's done the work on. Y'all just assume banda for everything because banda is LISTED as lead recruiter. Perfect example would be how y'all just throw banda in as who got tae to come here... Lol. Ask tweed how much banda had to do with that and how much rumph had to do with it. That would suck for y'all argument. Lol. Some people on here go so far out they way to target rumph with the nonsense you'd think they got a personal issue. People would say the same for me and cooney. Difference is I tell y'all flat out my issue with cooney and why I got an issue with cooney as any actual cane fan should have an issue with any coach who actively attempts to sabotage 95% of the team ... Y'all don't know one way or the other 100% of the time who's been involved in who's recruitment and how much they had to do with it. No biggie with that cause it's how it should be. Fans don't need to know more than there told. Even I realize that after far too much stupidity. Lord knows I speak with no filter most of the time. Maybe I'm wrong to do so. Because no matter what people are told their own bias will constantly come to the forefront. Reality is the ENTIRE DEFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL SHOULD IMMEDIATELY FILE FOR UNEMPLOYMENT. Everyone of them from top to bottom under performs and doesn't do anything they're paid for up to an acceptable level. So there's that.
I think the majority of us feel that way. The defensive staff is very under qualified. The only experience has been DL coaches who keep leaving. That being said, until this year it’s been the defense that has played much better than the offense. Hopefully Diaz makes changes on defense like he did offensively. I don’t expect him to hit the nail on the head but even if he hits on a couple hires it’s good enough to start being relevant.

What don’t y’all understand that Banda makes the call on who we recruit in the secondary...for every single position. He is the decision maker & he’s absolutely garbage.

rumph wanted the db from Arizona that was clamoring for an offer..Banda said no.

Manny Diaz has given the reigns to our total secondary..co coordinator of defense & all of special teams to two minions from Incarnate Word University.

This staff is comical
Rumph also wants and wanted to pursue nyland green and Nate wiggins bad this cycle. He may not be the greatest recruiter even to his own admission but he gets a little to much hate for stuff that he cant control

Advertisement
Crazy part is y'all don't even give him credit for the kids he's done the work on. Y'all just assume banda for everything because banda is LISTED as lead recruiter. Perfect example would be how y'all just throw banda in as who got tae to come here... Lol. Ask tweed how much banda had to do with that and how much rumph had to do with it. That would suck for y'all argument. Lol. Some people on here go so far out they way to target rumph with the nonsense you'd think they got a personal issue. People would say the same for me and cooney. Difference is I tell y'all flat out my issue with cooney and why I got an issue with cooney as any actual cane fan should have an issue with any coach who actively attempts to sabotage 95% of the team ... Y'all don't know one way or the other 100% of the time who's been involved in who's recruitment and how much they had to do with it. No biggie with that cause it's how it should be. Fans don't need to know more than there told. Even I realize that after far too much stupidity. Lord knows I speak with no filter most of the time. Maybe I'm wrong to do so. Because no matter what people are told their own bias will constantly come to the forefront. Reality is the ENTIRE DEFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL SHOULD IMMEDIATELY FILE FOR UNEMPLOYMENT. Everyone of them from top to bottom under performs and doesn't do anything they're paid for up to an acceptable level. So there's that.
Dont mean to pry and all but hearing u talk about cooney like that is suprising to me he was one of my coaches at Southridge before he left for um and he was and is a guy that players loved and could talk to about anything and would help kids who were struggling on or off the field.Sorry u had a bad experience with him hearing that shocked me

Dont mean to pry and all but hearing u talk about cooney like that is suprising to me he was one of my coaches at Southridge before he left for um and he was and is a guy that players loved and could talk to about anything and would help kids who were struggling on or off the field.Sorry u had a bad experience with him hearing that shocked me
He has a problem with Cooney and a majority of the staff so while I'm sure he has a lot of inside info being a former player there's also been stories of coaches pointing guns at his nephew multiple times and Rumph being offered/turning down the DC job twice which seem pretty far fetched.

What don’t y’all understand that Banda makes the call on who we recruit in the secondary...for every single position. He is the decision maker & he’s absolutely garbage.

rumph wanted the db from Arizona that was clamoring for an offer..Banda said no.

Manny Diaz has given the reigns to our total secondary..co coordinator of defense & all of special teams to two minions from Incarnate Word University.

This staff is comical
I have heard the same. I'll continue to say Rumph is absolutely deserving of heat, but he has been handcuffed on his evaluations and recruiting.

To be honest, he'd probably still whiff on most of the guys he ID's, but at least let the man fail on his own evaluations and not other's.

Advertisement
I also have family that has been coached by cooney and they love him. They have always spoke positive about him and what he has done for a lot of the kids he coached but everyone experience will not be the same.

Yeap & Banda nixed those also.
Why? It is weird that these are guys that were in the south, so not a huge expense to recruit, and he has been ok targeting guys that outsiders perceive as long shots (Tae, James Williams, etc..). If you need 2-3 guys at a spot, you can't just recruit a total of 2-3 guys. It does not make a whole lot of sense.

Rumph also wants and wanted to pursue nyland green and Nate wiggins bad this cycle. He may not be the greatest recruiter even to his own admission but he gets a little to much hate for stuff that he cant control
He was going to recruit Green and Wiggins?

Advertisement
Yeap & Banda nixed those also.
How do you know all this? Regardless cb recruiting has been trash with these two guys around for whatever reason. With the exception of couch most all of Miami's CB's are softens trying to play corner. That includes blades and Ivey. **** is annoying. Would be easy to blame rumph since he fit that some mold but it wouldn't surprise me with bandy's weird ***. If the guy is a great recruiter then let him do that and take away complete control. Dude is selfish and trash when it comes to recruiting CB's if what you say is true.

Advertisement
DSD - I want to ask you one question because you have first-hand knowledge of the inner workings of the team, know several of the coaches personally and actually played the game at a high-level.

What are your thoughts on Diaz as a defensive coordinator? I'm not asking about Diaz the HC or Diaz the recruiter or Diaz the developer of talent or Diaz the leader of young men. I just want your take on his approach to defensive football. His scheme. What he's good at or bad at. His ability to put together sound defensive game plans and make in-game adjustments, etc. In other words Manny the defensive coach.

Thanks in advance.

This staff is comical
This is the most insane thing I have ever heard in my life. Banda, a former bartender after football is the sole man in charge of recruiting corners?! Did Banda catch Diaz sleeping around or something. It makes no logical sense what so ever. Always something wrong at Miami. That’s why we haven’t been any good in 15 years smh

This is the most insane thing I have ever heard in my life. Banda, a former bartender after football is the sole man in charge of recruiting corners?! Did Banda catch Diaz sleeping around or something. It makes no logical sense what so ever. Always something wrong at Miami. That’s why we haven’t been any good in 15 years smh
Welcome to CIS!!!

How do you know all this? Regardless cb recruiting has been trash with these two guys around for whatever reason. With the exception of couch most all of Miami's CB's are softens trying to play corner. That includes blades and Ivey. **** is annoying. Would be easy to blame rumph since he fit that some mold but it wouldn't surprise me with bandy's weird ***. If the guy is a great recruiter then let him do that and take away complete control. Dude is selfish and trash when it comes to recruiting CB's if what you say is true.

Trust me, Tee knows. Multiple reasons why he knows, but he knows.

Look, I'm not saying that Rumph needs to stay forever, and I'm not saying that he is our best on-field coach ever. But the MYTH that certain porsters have created about Rumph is inaccurate. And any time any of us try to bring truth to the picture, we are slammed as "Rumph apologists".

Rumph has a good eye and can teach, but is not a good recruiter. Banda is a bad scout who can teach and is a good recruiter.

But, yeah, when they disagree...and when we get stuck in that cycle which handcuffs us from offering guys...it's not good.

Advertisement
Back