Ivins: Now what on CB's

I think he better close strong this class...because if some other staffs in other programs get let gothere may be options popping up.

We got 2 months to zero in on 2 targets imo. He should be able to do it.
Tbh, I'm not even sure he should be able to save his gig at this point. He should be replaced. Love him as a Cane, but its time to move on.

Advertisement
he wasnt the guy to get that base recruitment going either.

He got his guys like Tyson, Schwartz and company though. But before AH already had their built in recruiters. **** they are still living off of it somewhat now.
Western Broward county was due a powerhouse type program and AH fills that void. They can get kids from Cypress bay, Cooper city,Weston,Plantation yearly if they want...and they routinely mix in some inner city kids. The minute AH insurgence began...Plantation High demise started.
Also on that AH staff ever since even Rumph there were other NFL coaches that played db in the league. Surtain, Daryl Porter, etc to add to the Chad Wilson's, Blu Tanis that are personal db trainers for most of the top talent from youths on up here.
So you made my point

Why is it so hard to find quality Corners in South Florida of all places :
Simple answer is coaching. More difficult answer would be due to athleticism kids who get to college and play corner have usually played throughout their youth wr,db,qb,rb & several other positions by this point with not much exclusivity to one position over another... & There's only so many underrated kids you can target as system fits that will achieve much more than that. At a certain point your evaluation skills and development have to be one and the same.

Nesta was a UM lean out the gate and the DL coach also played a big part in that. Rumph though was point man on it as he is the guy for AH.
-That was seen as a just dont f it up type of deal and apparently we still had to sweat it out somewhat.

Crazy part is...this article below is of defending Rumph....in 2018. 3 classes ago...its been almost 5 yearsof defending now. lol
https://www.palmbeachpost.com/2018/...ng-class-other-defensive-signing-day-tidbits/

I think he better close strong this class...because if some other staffs in other programs get let gothere may be options popping up.

We got 2 months to zero in on 2 targets imo. He should be able to do it.
Crazy part is y'all don't even give him credit for the kids he's done the work on. Y'all just assume banda for everything because banda is LISTED as lead recruiter. Perfect example would be how y'all just throw banda in as who got tae to come here... Lol. Ask tweed how much banda had to do with that and how much rumph had to do with it. That would suck for y'all argument. Lol. Some people on here go so far out they way to target rumph with the nonsense you'd think they got a personal issue. People would say the same for me and cooney. Difference is I tell y'all flat out my issue with cooney and why I got an issue with cooney as any actual cane fan should have an issue with any coach who actively attempts to sabotage 95% of the team ... Y'all don't know one way or the other 100% of the time who's been involved in who's recruitment and how much they had to do with it. No biggie with that cause it's how it should be. Fans don't need to know more than there told. Even I realize that after far too much stupidity. Lord knows I speak with no filter most of the time. Maybe I'm wrong to do so. Because no matter what people are told their own bias will constantly come to the forefront. Reality is the ENTIRE DEFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL SHOULD IMMEDIATELY FILE FOR UNEMPLOYMENT. Everyone of them from top to bottom under performs and doesn't do anything they're paid for up to an acceptable level. So there's that.

Advertisement
IMO, Banda took over corners. Banda offered the kid in Texas and if you peep Rumph’s Twitter account I haven’t seen any action from him since Pitt. I’m 100% okay if Banda dropped Burns, because Banda is our best defensive coach. He’s coached Redwine, Johnson, Carter and Jenkins and recruited Kinchens, Williams, and Avantae Williams. On top of that, Balom looks like a player and don’t forget about Jalen Harrell.
Are you the same person who said mike is under qualified to be our cb coach? Is a bartender under qualified to be our safeties coach? Please don't bring up a recruiting argument thanks as that has zero to do with coaching and everything to do with how you and the dc or oc system relate to kids... Now if you say both are than I'm good. Cause personally I would've loved several other options as db coach but if I had to take one of the three we already have(y'all do realize there's three ****** db coach's for a group of 5 right. Lmao dysfunctional much) it's an easy choice out of those three who I want coaching.

Crazy part is y'all don't even give him credit for the kids he's done the work on. Y'all just assume banda for everything because banda is LISTED as lead recruiter. Perfect example would be how y'all just throw banda in as who got tae to come here... Lol. Ask tweed how much banda had to do with that and how much rumph had to do with it. That would suck for y'all argument. Lol. Some people on here go so far out they way to target rumph with the nonsense you'd think they got a personal issue. People would say the same for me and cooney. Difference is I tell y'all flat out my issue with cooney and why I got an issue with cooney as any actual cane fan should have an issue with any coach who actively attempts to sabotage 95% of the team ... Y'all don't know one way or the other 100% of the time who's been involved in who's recruitment and how much they had to do with it. No biggie with that cause it's how it should be. Fans don't need to know more than there told. Even I realize that after far too much stupidity. Lord knows I speak with no filter most of the time. Maybe I'm wrong to do so. Because no matter what people are told their own bias will constantly come to the forefront. Reality is the ENTIRE DEFENSIVE SIDE OF THE BALL SHOULD IMMEDIATELY FILE FOR UNEMPLOYMENT. Everyone of them from top to bottom under performs and doesn't do anything they're paid for up to an acceptable level. So there's that.
Not all of them.... You act like we ooze defensive talent... Our LBs are a bunch of 3 Star guys and our CBs are a bunch of 1st and 2nd year CBs then Blades and Ivey. Defensive struggles are due to a mixture of average coaching and Lack of talent at LB and CB

With Burns gone, Miami is expected to keep expanding it's cornerback board and it wouldn't be surprising to see a new offer or two go out. One name to know is Khalil Anderson. The Pittsburgh commit has impressed as a senior at Atlanta Riverwood working out on the boundary and looks comfortable in man coverage. Clemson reportedly is doing its homework on Anderson and it sounds like the Panthers already have some backup plans in place in case the four-star were to open things back up.

Marvin Covington told InsideTheU's Gaby Urrutia on Monday that he remains in contact with the Hurricanes. The three-star out of Mansfield Lane Ridge in Texas has plenty of speed having gone 10.84 in the 100-meter dash. Covington should be considered every bit of an option for UM, but it will be interesting to see who all gets involved in the recruitment after TCU offered last week as distance could be a factor, especially if he's signing early.

– Mike Rumph continues to talk with Bradenton IMG Academy's Markevious Brown. It remains unclear, however, when exactly the Pahokee native plans to make a commitment as those recruiting Brown haven't really gotten a solid answer as to when the four-star intends to make a decision.

– Miami recently made contact with Michigan State commit Charles Brantley. The three-star out of Venice has added some weight over the past six months or so and looks to be physical at the point of attack. That's a trait that Diaz and his assistants covet in the secondary, although it doesn't sound like Brantley should be considered a flip target just yet.

– For those wondering who sits atop the board right now, it's probably Terrion Arnold. Most view the Top247 defender out of Tallahassee as a safety at the next level, but the Hurricanes think he can get it done at cornerback. Arnold hasn't tipped his cap as to which was he's leaning, but the general feeling right now is that Florida and other SEC schools are out in front.

– It's a down cycle locally for corners, but someone that it Miami make sense for Miami to make a move on given senior tape is Michigan commit Ja'Den McBurrows. The three-star out of Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas is saying all the right things about the Wolverines right now, but who knows what happens if some changes take place in Ann Arbor.

– Another name that came up Monday is Tennessee commits Damarius McGhee. The Hurricanes haven't forgotten about the four-star out of Pensacola Catholic and could try to take advantage of the Volunteers' four-game losing streak.
Cool. Who's going to recruit them?

he wasnt the guy to get that base recruitment going either.

He got his guys like Tyson, Schwartz and company though. But before AH already had their built in recruiters. **** they are still living off of it somewhat now.
Western Broward county was due a powerhouse type program and AH fills that void. They can get kids from Cypress bay, Cooper city,Weston,Plantation yearly if they want...and they routinely mix in some inner city kids. The minute AH insurgence began...Plantation High demise started.
Also on that AH staff ever since even Rumph there were other NFL coaches that played db in the league. Surtain, Daryl Porter, etc to add to the Chad Wilson's, Blu Tanis that are personal db trainers for most of the top talent from youths on up here.
Do you know Porter? Hopefully he has a solid rep because he was a great dude in college.

Advertisement
Not all of them.... You act like we ooze defensive talent... Our LBs are a bunch of 3 Star guys and our CBs are a bunch of 1st and 2nd year CBs then Blades and Ivey. Defensive struggles are due to a mixture of average coaching and Lack of talent at LB and CB
You could feel free to look at it that way but just so y'all realize what manny is doing by targeting transfers every year is admitting a lack of ability to develop. Further more if u choose to go with the lack of talent argument like **** near every one that plays on the squad let alone starts had offers in p5 all around the country... So let's stick with the talent argument which further shows the stories than in anyone complaining about coaching (richt,Enos,etc) because apparently that's irrelevant. My curiosity would be then since apparently you feel our talent for roughly the last twenty years has been worse traditionally than boise state, where exactly are we going wrong while most of the country achieves far better results with what appears to be far less... A thought can go a far way if properly utilized. To be clear while our evaluations and lack of ability to develop almost anyone is a big deal, it's coaching and the scheme that has us where we are. That's good and bad.

You could feel free to look at it that way but just so y'all realize what manny is doing by targeting transfers every year is admitting a lack of ability to develop. Further more if u choose to go with the lack of talent argument like **** near every one that plays on the squad let alone starts had offers in p5 all around the country... So let's stick with the talent argument which further shows the stories than in anyone complaining about coaching (richt,Enos,etc) because apparently that's irrelevant. My curiosity would be then since apparently you feel our talent for roughly the last twenty years has been worse traditionally than boise state, where exactly are we going wrong while most of the country achieves far better results with what appears to be far less... A thought can go a far way if properly utilized. To be clear while our evaluations and lack of ability to develop almost anyone is a big deal, it's coaching and the scheme that has us where we are. That's good and bad.
And that’s what scares me so much with all this Rumph talk! If manny brings in another Banda or Patke or Baker you can guarantee no position group on the defensive side of the ball is gonna get developed. And talking can only go so far in recruiting... at some point top kids wanna be developed

Also what bunch would you be speaking of that I act like? Because other than blades or ives like you mentioned there is 3 other scholarship kids in that room... No bunch there in any possible way. Regardless the kids that are there are regressing. That's just a fact. I constantly defend mike cause I know the truth to his struggle. But regardless you gotta be accountable for the kids who are in ur room and they're technique is lacking to out it nicely. Each and every unit we have is regressing. That starts with Todd stroud because his line doesn't do it's part in this system. The fact the linebackers are beyond basic is emphasized because of the role they play in our success or failure. Honestly if it wasn't for bubba good lord would this be ugly. But hey if that's the point then we can say patke has gotta be the best coach we got cause hedley and borregalles are 1a and 1b for talent. Ok I'm slightly exaggerating because I'm naturally sarcastic when people annoy me. But I just puked in my mouth because I had to admit I'm only slightly kidding.

I'm not talking about the talent of the last 20 years. Im talking about 2020 lol

Advertisement
I'm not talking about the talent of the last 20 years. Im talking about 2020 lol
Ahhhhhh. U mean specifically the team with two projected first round draft picks on its defense, one on offense and four stars and several five stars (one of them being the #1 player in all of the country) all throughout it's roster... That 2020 team? Lol see what I mean about a thought going a long way.

Yep. Good dude. Son just went up to WVU on schollie at db
Loved DP, we talked Canes all the time, about his neighborhood and the kids who came out of there. Great dude, always smiling and funny as **** in the weight room.

Advertisement
New portal transfer CB-

Former Liberty CB Emanuel Dabney. 7 starts this year.

With Burns gone, Miami is expected to keep expanding it's cornerback board and it wouldn't be surprising to see a new offer or two go out. One name to know is Khalil Anderson. The Pittsburgh commit has impressed as a senior at Atlanta Riverwood working out on the boundary and looks comfortable in man coverage. Clemson reportedly is doing its homework on Anderson and it sounds like the Panthers already have some backup plans in place in case the four-star were to open things back up.

Marvin Covington told InsideTheU's Gaby Urrutia on Monday that he remains in contact with the Hurricanes. The three-star out of Mansfield Lane Ridge in Texas has plenty of speed having gone 10.84 in the 100-meter dash. Covington should be considered every bit of an option for UM, but it will be interesting to see who all gets involved in the recruitment after TCU offered last week as distance could be a factor, especially if he's signing early.

– Mike Rumph continues to talk with Bradenton IMG Academy's Markevious Brown. It remains unclear, however, when exactly the Pahokee native plans to make a commitment as those recruiting Brown haven't really gotten a solid answer as to when the four-star intends to make a decision.

– Miami recently made contact with Michigan State commit Charles Brantley. The three-star out of Venice has added some weight over the past six months or so and looks to be physical at the point of attack. That's a trait that Diaz and his assistants covet in the secondary, although it doesn't sound like Brantley should be considered a flip target just yet.

– For those wondering who sits atop the board right now, it's probably Terrion Arnold. Most view the Top247 defender out of Tallahassee as a safety at the next level, but the Hurricanes think he can get it done at cornerback. Arnold hasn't tipped his cap as to which was he's leaning, but the general feeling right now is that Florida and other SEC schools are out in front.

– It's a down cycle locally for corners, but someone that it Miami make sense for Miami to make a move on given senior tape is Michigan commit Ja'Den McBurrows. The three-star out of Fort Lauderdale St. Thomas Aquinas is saying all the right things about the Wolverines right now, but who knows what happens if some changes take place in Ann Arbor.

– Another name that came up Monday is Tennessee commits Damarius McGhee. The Hurricanes haven't forgotten about the four-star out of Pensacola Catholic and could try to take advantage of the Volunteers' four-game losing streak.
Brantley is a big time baller. Why in the world we haven’t offered is comical.

Banda doesn’t have a clue

What if our current CB’s said they are returning since this season doesn’t count and we are using the scholarship for another position? They could all use the year to improve everything. Either way Burns shouldn’t have been dropped without having someone signed.
Burns is average & has a heart condition. Should’ve been dropped long ago

Many here killed Paul Williams - justifiably so...he was pretty terrible (although, recruited better than Rumph) - but Rumph gets the cape treatment.

Your mileage may vary on Rumph...I personally think he's at best a replacement level coach here...but I think we can do better...and we need to do better. If you can't land the big fish, you have to evaluate, land, and develop your guys...he's doing neither.
What don’t y’all understand that Banda makes the call on who we recruit in the secondary...for every single position. He is the decision maker & he’s absolutely garbage.

rumph wanted the db from Arizona that was clamoring for an offer..Banda said no.

Manny Diaz has given the reigns to our total secondary..co coordinator of defense & all of special teams to two minions from Incarnate Word University.

This staff is comical

Advertisement
Back