Ivins latest

Potentially 7 DTs returning in 2019. Riggins and Moise committed. In good shape with Roberts and Carter who are likely college DTs. Several other DT offers out.

I dont really see what the problem is here. We can't take 5 DTs. Numbers-wise I'd think we end up with 2,maybe 3 if its an elite guy. Just look at our needs, and remember we can only take 25:

QB- 1
RB- 2'
WR- 3-4
TE- 1-2
OL- 4
DE- 3
DT- 2
LB- 3
DB- 5

That's 25 right there
Like the breakdown. We are only losing 1 safety in Knowles and possibly Bandy at CB but I don’t think he bails for the draft. Everyone else will return. Maybe take 2 safeties and 2 corners and get a 5th OL.

Every OL recruit Miami got for 2019 is a developmental guy and there are some solid guys out of there for 2020. Miami loses Brown, Kennedy, maybe Donaldson after this year. Plus I could see them telling a guy like Dykstra to transfer.

Advertisement
Like the breakdown. We are only losing 1 safety in Knowles and possibly Bandy at CB but I don’t think he bails for the draft. Everyone else will return. Maybe take 2 safeties and 2 corners and get a 5th OL.

Every OL recruit Miami got for 2019 is a developmental guy and there are some solid guys out of there for 2020. Miami loses Brown, Kennedy, maybe Donaldson after this year. Plus I could see them telling a guy like Dykstra to transfer.
Garvin might leave

Simpson spoke about some of his signees:

Of Jason Blissett he said, “Jason was a kid I wanted to offer really bad last spring just off watching him work out, run lift. His junior tape was really raw, but when I met the person and saw the athlete I was like, Golly.’ I said, Look, man, I want to offer you but I need you to come to camp and kind of prove it.’ He said, Coach, no problem.’ “So he’s a competitor, and when he came to camp everything you thought about him was real and then some. He came a day early, we met, talked ball, then the next day at camp the guy just got better with every rep.” Blissett also led UM to another signee. “He said Coach, you have to look at Jared (Hunte), my best friend,” Simpson said. “I’m like, Alright, I’ll go check him out.’ I turn (on tape) of this kid - Jared is a little taller. If Jason is 6-3 1/4 barefoot, Jared is close to 6-4. And Jason weighs 275 and Jared weighs 290. So he’s a little bit of a bigger version of Jason and can dunk a basketball any way you want it. It is freaky watching this kid play basketball. Then you turn on his tape and see his aggressiveness, his ability to rush and turn and bend. I was like If I can put these two kids side by side, and then you add the
Jalar Holley kid, this is a home run.’”

Asked about Hill, who UM picked up Feb. 6, Simpson said, “He plays the game pretty well, I think he has a lot of juice in his feet. He’s a fast kid, jumps out of his stance, he bends around the corner really, really well. He’s very flexible, finishes on the corner. I’m excited about him. This can be great for him and great for us.”

Of Nnoruka, Simpson said, “He adds a little bit of age, a little bit of depth to that room at 3 technique.”

Yes there is...We like other kids better and are probably only taking one more if we like both are commits and they stick? What is so hard to understand here.
Because it’s a guarantee they’ll commit. Ok

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back