I've seen a lot of recruiting related pictures, but...

[TWEET]763423750964572160[/TWEET]
[TWEET]763424425085509632[/TWEET]
[TWEET]763428093721620482[/TWEET]

Advertisement
He might be able to wear it in high school but I'm pretty sure (like everything cool The U pioneers) the NCAA has banned those visors.

wonder why NCAA would ban them, it doesn't help or hurt others playing

I could be wrong, but I think the company line from the NCAA was that trainers couldn't make eye contact with the player without taking the helmet off (which isn't the best decision when a head injury is expected). Still, an amazing look and way better than the clear visor. I think ST and Mcgahee rocked it the best. Portis I think had one for a while, too.

45350-0-600.jpg

Advertisement
It didn't entice him though, it was after he made his choice.

this plus you could claim it was a birthday gift or something couldn't you? It wasn't bought either, just happened to be "given" to him.

If an Alabama native gave Jeudy's mom a great job promotion with some great benefits . . . you are okay with her just getting that promo bc her winning personality on the phone is second to none?

I think most people on this board would raise **** if a recruit got a game used jersey of a great player. ****, at one point in time we had to stop giving recruits jerseys with their names on them and announcing their names running out of the tunnel of the Orange Bowl on RECRUITING TRIPS.

Im not surprised folks are taking Bandy's side. Im not surprised people don't think he violated the rules. I am surprised no one thinks it would be a violation.

Those are all things associated with the schools. Taylor's little brother isn't committed to the college and supposedly their family are friends. This isn't Miami buying him a $3k jersey this is his friend giving him something.

This isn't a job and moving expenses either, this a jersey.

I hear ya. If Jameis Winston's little bro gave Perry JW's game worn national title game jersey, come on . . . I haven't ever gotten a 3k jersey from a friend!!

Ain't nobody paying $3,000 for a Winston jersey....

I have mixed feelings about this. Sean Taylor is my most favorite player of all time but what has Bandy done to deserve this jersey? Practically crowning the kid before he's even played his senior year of high school

You don't seem to understand what this means to Trajan. He was in tears when the previous staff told him he was to small to be offered. All he's ever wanted to to is play for the U this is the realisation of a dream for him. One that not so long ago wasn't going to happen. No one is crowning him just be happy for the kid. Pretty clear the Taylor Family respects the kid enough to lend him the Jersey and also give him ST's visor.

I have mixed feelings about this. Sean Taylor is my most favorite player of all time but what has Bandy done to deserve this jersey? Practically crowning the kid before he's even played his senior year of high school

You don't seem to understand what this means to Trajan. He was in tears when the previous staff told him he was to small to be offered. All he's ever wanted to to is play for the U this is the realisation of a dream for him. One that not so long ago wasn't going to happen. No one is crowning him just be happy for the kid. Pretty clear the Taylor Family respects the kid enough to lend him the Jersey and also give him ST's visor.

Nobody is crowning him. He is simply a huge fan of ST and The U like we are. He obviously knows ST's family & is living his dream of having an opportunity to play for UM. Let him enjoy the ride like I'm sure you would if you had the chance.

Advertisement
wonder why NCAA would ban them, it doesn't help or hurt others playing

I could be wrong, but I think the company line from the NCAA was that trainers couldn't make eye contact with the player without taking the helmet off (which isn't the best decision when a head injury is expected). Still, an amazing look and way better than the clear visor. I think ST and Mcgahee rocked it the best. Portis I think had one for a while, too.

Pretty sure you're right. Same goes for the NFL. You see guys like Odell Beckham rocking the blue visors during training camp, but when the lights come on in September, they switch them up to clear or light smoke.

Advertisement
Back