I've got a question!

sszoeboy

Freshman
I think there is more to this Kirkland fiasco. However, if Golden needed a commitment right away, then why not give the same ultimatum to someone like Keith Bryant.

Advertisement
Bryant and Golden probably had an understanding that Keith would make his decision on signing day. Remember Golden quotes about showing kids they were worth waiting for?

Kirkland seems to have backtracked on what he agreed on.

Advertisement
This thread operates under the assumption that Tim No Way A Grown Man Should Be Called ******* Ice Harris is telling the truth. We know one side of the story, compadre.

Advertisement
Why didnt they just let this ride until signing day knowing he wasnt coming? They still could have taken all the kids who were going to come anyways and not have had to deal with the bull **** that came out of this?

Why didnt they just let this ride until signing day knowing he wasnt coming? They still could have taken all the kids who were going to come anyways and not have had to deal with the bull **** that came out of this?

I think it's pretty rare to let a kid get all the way to NSD without a silent.

Rare cases like MT do whatever they like.

I think it's pretty rare to let a kid get all the way to NSD without a silent.

Rare cases like MT do whatever they like.

Maybe, but they have been on this kid for a while and wasnt a project/reach type kid whatsoever. Who knows

Advertisement

What? And they leave an unfilled spot when we have very few to start with? A spot that could have been filled by another deserving kid who wanted to be a Cane?

What? And they leave an unfilled spot when we have very few to start with? A spot that could have been filled by another deserving kid who wanted to be a Cane?

They could have accepted every LOI that was faxed over to them no? Who says they had to deny anyoe if they knew he wasnt coming?

If he's not coming anyway, you operate under that assumption I would think

They could have accepted every LOI that was faxed over to them no? Who says they had to deny anyoe if they knew he wasnt coming?

They didn't know for sure he was not coming because he had not told them so. What he said to them that UM was in his top 3 according to Harris. What if the kid decided to stay home on signing day and sends his letter of intent? They wanted to make sure the kid have a chance to find a place in one of the other schools he was serious about. They actually did the kid a favor.

Advertisement

They didn't know for sure he was not coming because he had not told them so. What he said to them that UM was in his top 3 according to Harris. What if the kid decided to stay home on signing day and sends his letter of intent? They wanted to make sure the kid have a chance to find a place in one of the other schools he was serious about. They actually did the kid a favor.

You dont think if at the end he decided to come as a surprise, they couldnt have found use for him after recruiting him for this long?

Advertisement
Back