IU fan here

Miami is 18-5 in games over 140 so I say bring it IU. Miami is also 13-3 in games where it scores 80 or more. Most importantly, IU is 0-7 when it gives up 80 points or more. And 1-7 when IU has given up 75 points or more. Miami is 20-3 when it scores 75 points or more.

18-5 is a .720 win percentage.
13-3 is a .770 win percentage.

If we are 18-5 in games over 140, that means we are 8-2 in games 140 and under, or an .800 win percentage, which is obviously higher.

We want to run and have a shootout for sure, and I love the IU stats, but I am not sure those UM numbers hit the way you hoped. ;)

Advertisement
18-5 is a .720 win percentage.
13-3 is a .770 win percentage.

If we are 18-5 in games over 140, that means we are 8-2 in games 140 and under, or an .800 win percentage, which is obviously higher.

We want to run and have a shootout for sure, and I love the IU stats, but I am not sure those UM numbers hit the way you hoped. ;)
Sure they do. IU is 0-7 when their opponent scores 80 or more and 1-7 when they give up 75. That fact if we run against IU it would be a risky. You left out we are 20-3 when we score 75 or more. That is a 86.9% clip. Also, we score 75 or more in 70% of our games. The point is IU is not good in a shoot out.

For the Canes to get to 75+ points we’ll need to be firing on all cylinders tonight. We’re due to go off in a game I believe so we’ll see if the Hoosiers can keep up with the faster pace or if they’ll wilt under the pressure. We all will know @11:00pm tonight.

Sure they do. IU is 0-7 when their opponent scores 80 or more and 1-7 when they give up 75. That fact if we run against IU it would be a risky. You left out we are 20-3 when we score 75 or more. That is a 86.9% clip. Also, we score 75 or more in 70% of our games. The point is IU is not good in a shoot out.

Like I said, I love the IU stats part. But our record in games +/- 140, which you offered, doesn't indicate a better win % for us if we are over.

Regardless, I get your point! Let's run it up their ***.

Like I said, I love the IU stats part. But our record in games +/- 140, which you offered, doesn't indicate a better win % for us if we are over.

Regardless, I get your point! Let's run it up their ***.
Still better than IU's. His point was +140 was a disadvantage for us against IU. It is not. We get to 75 and we are in great shape. In that scenario, 149 is just fine.

BTW, 18-5 is 78.3%. Just teasing.

Advertisement
Speaking as a grad of both schools, you get Indiana more than the Hoosier fan that started this thread.

Miami will not win simply by athletic havoc or pushing the pace. IU has better athletes than the assesment here, and are flexible to that end stylistically more than just about any B1G team. Mike Woodson is a legit tactical coach, even if his hustle on the recruiting trail is ... about what you'd expect from a long time NBA coach. IU is very much a 2nd half team, and typically comes out with clear adjustments.

Miami's key to winning this that IU hasnt had their best on ball defender since December, Xavier Johnson. Pack, Wong, & Miller's creation and shot making in the half court will be critical, and they will need to do it versus arguably the top rim defender left in the tournament. They can do that though, and if the Canes can confidently hit the 40%/50% 3pt/2pt marker you alluded too, IUs lack of perimeter fire power becomes problematic.
Agree, they have an edge in most categories if you are speaking size/athletic ability. Quickness, movement, shiftiness needs to be our weapon. Make those bigger stronger dudes run.

Advertisement
IU fan here. Congratulations on your victory in the 1st round and excited to be playing Miami in the round of 32. With the day in between games really wanted to talk about the matchup. I can tell you about our team.

We all know the star of our team is TJD. He has improved immensely the last two years. I thoroughly believe he should be NPOY. He has put up stats that have not been seen in college in decades each game we get a factoid of him doing something that Hans been done in 30 years. Most recently it was a 20pt/10rebound/5 assist/5block game vs Kent. Miami will not be able to stop him truthfully nobody has. He’s going to get his and that’s okay. He stuffs the stat sheet but that does not translate to wins. Jackson Davis does not shoot jump shots. (Ever) has never made a 3 pointer and rarely attempts or makes shots outside of the paint. He’s prone to biting on pump fakes but generally stays out of foul trouble.

Jalen hood schifino is our best guard. A good ball handler and steady guard. Never gets too high or low. Being projected as a potential 1st rounder. Has an nba game. But a long way to go. He’s pretty good in the pick and roll but doesn’t have a game where he’s going to blow by you. His defense and athleticism are probably average. His bread and butter is the 15 ft jump shot. He hits it at a pretty good rate. A lost art in the game. Would venture to say nobody shoots that midrange shot more than JHS in college basketball. Has driven IU fans mad this season as he will often take the midrange shot 1 foot inside of the three point line which is the worst shot in basketball.

Race Thompson is our other big. Kind of our glue guy. 6th year senior. Big strong body. Gets a lot junk plays. Has a nice baby hook around the basket but will cancel it out with bone headed decision making at times. Not going to out athlete anybody more of a big bodied guy who rebounds and gets put backs. Typically left wide open on the perimeter because of his 20% rate from there. Did make a few last night as he has good form but gets his off rebounds and dump downs from tjd.

Trey Galloway. Your quintessential Indiana player. Coaches son. All heart. He hustles. He hustles and hustles some more. Sneaky athletic and plays good defense. Just pesky. He’s not gonna go get us 20 but he plays his roll of creating for others and causing havoc. Does have the ability to drive to the rim and can make the three ball if left open. Otherwise his wind up and release take too long to get off. Very prone to foul trouble.

Bench we use Tamar bates and malik reneau. Bates is currently in a sophomore slump. Highly recruited but the last 10 games hasn’t been able to find the bottom of the basket. Desperately needs to as we need another scorer. Kid can go for 15 any game due to being streaky and able to score at all three levels. But currently is giving us 0/_. Each game. Reneau is a Miami kid. His best days are ahead of him. Has a very soft touch around the basket. And is a good rebounder. Plays like a freshman though. Will be a future star in our league I believe.

That’s about it for our team. Miami has me genuinely worried. I think we played well vs Kent and I think Miami got their bad game out of the way. Our inability to shoot the three ball scares me. In our last 6 losses opponents have made a combined 45 more three throws than us. And that’s what worries me is that Miami comes out firing. Nigel pack is an Indiana kid and will have a lot to prove as he always wanted IU to recruit him but the prior staff didn’t.

If JHS plays well it means we won this game if he has an off night Miami wins. Either way this is a 4 point game either way. Tell me about your team !
Enjoy the off season

1679280705306.gif

Advertisement
Advertisement
We rank 350 in ncaa in taking the three point shot. It’s not really a part of our offense. We like rock fights in the 60s. I’m afraid if we allow 75+ to Miami it’s because we lost by double digits. Our common opponents this year we went 1-1 vs Rutgers , 1-1 vs Maryland. And beat North Carolina. I think this will be a very even matchup. Our most explosive guard Xavier Johnson went down in December with a broken foot and shut it down for the season With him I believe we could run with the best and had a final 4 caliber team. Now the offense is feed it to TJD and stand and wait for him to bail us out. He leads us in pts rebounds blocks and assists. Your guard play scares me. When we lose it’s because the opposing teams guards outplayed us.
Good guess

Advertisement
Back