IU fan here

Advertisement
OK. You lost by 16 and it wasn't that close. Now go back to hillbilly Bloomington Indiana.
Uh, my son goes to IU, its not a bad little college town. The campus is really nice and for a hillbilly town, they do several operas at the music school per year, which is far more than Miami Grand Opera can construe doing only 3 per year for comparison.

where Purdue is is more of a hillbilly town.

C7DA640A-C7F2-4D38-A8CF-E09356E0B6F3.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
That's kind of sad.

Prior to Sunday, (lived in Miami my entire life, two-time University of Miami alumnus) I had never even thought of Indiana other than as the school where the crazy guy threw the chair. I guess they are an existential rival of ours, though - who knew?
They were far better when they had the angry guy that threw chairs, but they got too weak and **** canned him and they have been average to below average since.....

Advertisement
They were far better when they had the angry guy that threw chairs, but they got too weak and **** canned him and they have been average to below average since.....
Cool. Bring him back. I don't care.

We haven't played them in football since 1966. In basketball we are typically gifted the Penn State/Rutgers/Maryland leftover during the Big10-ACC challenge; such an esteemed program as theirs usually gets the privilege of losing to one of the Tobacco Road schools. So I was more marveling at the idea that this particular yokel believes he's leading the vanguard in a culture war battle against us, when I (literally) had never thought about them in my 31 years on the planet. Kind of a strange dichotomy.

That's kind of sad.

Prior to Sunday, (lived in Miami my entire life, two-time University of Miami alumnus) I had never even thought of Indiana other than as the school where the crazy guy threw the chair. I guess they are an existential rival of ours, though - who knew?
I don't think anyone in Miami knew it either.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back