IU fan here

I have watched IU a lot because my brother graduated from there. I hate IU because everyone who went there thinks they are special. IU hasn't won **** since 1987. Their fanbase is more delusional than our football fans. We will win this game. They do have TJD. Omier will make things tough on him. We are much better in the back court and nobody on IU can guard Miller. IU has one guy that can knock down 3's but he never shoots. He can't guard either. Love the Canes in this match up.
While I appreciate that you have watched a good deal of our team , it is apparent that IU is all lot better than Drake. A lot of analyst actually picked both drake and kent state to pull the upsets. Kent was known to have a very disruptive defense and strength was guard play. They gave Houston and Gonzaga all they wanted pre conference. Was actually surprised to see us walk away with double digit victory. If Miami makes < 8 three pointers IU wins this game. Because that tells me we played it at our pace and turned it into a rock fight and not a drag race. For all that are confident in either direction I wish I had that confidence because Vegas feels different and has this as a near toss up.

Advertisement
While I appreciate that you have watched a good deal of our team , it is apparent that IU is all lot better than Drake. A lot of analyst actually picked both drake and kent state to pull the upsets. Kent was known to have a very disruptive defense and strength was guard play. They gave Houston and Gonzaga all they wanted pre conference. Was actually surprised to see us walk away with double digit victory. If Miami makes < 8 three pointers IU wins this game. Because that tells me we played it at our pace and turned it into a rock fight and not a drag race. For all that are confident in either direction I wish I had that confidence because Vegas feels different and has this as a near toss up.
We will run you & win. Dream matchup for us.

The 'Canes are going to have trouble defending the paint as their yearly statistics suggest plus their season-long lack of defensive commitment. They will have hit contested perimeter shots and try to get IU defenders in foul trouble although in tournament games foul calls are historically fewer as referees allow for physical play unless it results in huge advantages or obvious hacks. Tempo does not favor 'Canes with a smaller team as actually IU seeks to push the tempo from defensive pressure and forcing hurried 3 pt shots or initiate breaks from blocked shots. What is against IU this year is the follow-up game from an emotional win, not sure if it is physical fatigue or mental-emotional fatigue.

The biggest adjustment will be how the 'Canes adjust to the blocked shot on dives to the rim or the threat and altered shots from both TJD averages 2.73 per game (5th in the nation) and Thompson who averages 1.2 blocks per game in 22 minutes. The smaller lineup also invites an 8th-level substitute of Geronimo who has a 42-inch vertical leap and averages a block per game. Both Geronimo and Thompson were hurt during the year and appear to be recovering to full strength. IU's losses can be directly attributed to teams who can shoot and make more than 12 or more threes at 40% while shooting over 48% in twos. If IU is able to score more than 50 points in the paint they succeed.

If the 'Canes choose not to double TJD at the post he will score more than 30 and still dish out 5 or more assists. If they double then the pressure is on the supporting cast. Just giving the old timers a comparison, TJD has emerged much in the way Bill Russell played the game as he is not a typical #5 post player. He is 6'9" but has a wingspan that is normal to 7-footers, has the quickest recovery jump, and has a vertical leap of 39-40"s. His offense is limited to a strong left hand over his right shoulder but balances that with footwork and quickness that rivals swing forwards down low. He will also lead the break-off rebounds or will run out on long rebounds and beat his opponent to the basket.

IU's key to the game is whether Thompson, Kopp, or Bates contributes above their averages as IU will get a dozen from Hood Scafino and twenty points from TJD.

Great Job Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Overall gonna be a tough game to watch tomorrow growing up in an Indiana Miami household i love both of these programs. Really didn’t want this match up but had a feeling

Typical IU fan. Appreciate my balls. We will beat your sorry *** on Sunday. So many bad losses for IU. You guys just don't match up. we win easily.

Advertisement
Thanks for the insight. I came away impressed with IU and felt they were seeded correctly at 4.

I was displeased to learn that 2 of your 5* freshman are from Miami. We all have a small gripe with the current staff about not recruiting south Florida or even the entire state. It’s weird and I don’t understand it.

What you watched yesterday was our worst offensive game in multiple seasons. Despite what L said, it was not just Drake’s defense. Nijel and Wooga got theirs, but Wong hasn’t played that badly since he was physically sick and I cannot ever remember Miller being such a non factor. Wong I have a box for underperforming, Miller I do not, and I have to just assume it won’t happen again.

That said we played about as badly as humanly possible on O and still won, which is encouraging. On a normal day we aren’t shooting better from outside the arc than inside it, in fact I can’t ever recall that happening before. Also we are very sound from the stripe, but don’t always shoot it 28 times a game.

What makes Miami difficult to beat is usually the consistent scoring from a wide cast and good enough defensive pressure. We don’t have anyone averaging 17 ppg, but we average like 80 a game. Wong gets the headlines but it’s all the other pieces who make the battleship so hard to sink. Miller, Wooga, Pack, Omier to an extent, could all get 20+ and it wouldn’t surprise me. This has to be one of the best scoring teams of L’s tenure, and it makes winning that much easier.

That said, I think we have an athletic advantage against you but would expect to get roughed up in the paint again. IU has size and your freshman G aside most of that size is where the athleticism is. Miller is going to be critical for us, and we have to defend Davis’ when he has the ball and immediately switch when he distributes. If you all aren’t shooting well the job becomes obviously easier, but we can’t be trailing our guy when defending the perimeter. Kobb or whatever his name was cant catch and shoot without a body in front of him, let alone a hand.

Davis is going to score a lot, but we have to make it as challenging as possible (without Omier fouling out) and anticipate his outlets passes. We aren’t going to hold IU to 60 points, but we can make each basket **** by getting into passing lanes, causing turnovers and frustrating shooters.

Aside from a blowout, no outcome would surprise me. Both teams are balanced and have counters to each other that are real but to my eye not exploitative. I like what we can do on the wing though, and I like us in transition if we can disrupt your possessions. That is Miami basketball.

Does D Money pay you by the word?

Advertisement
Miami fans when fans of other teams come on theirs site…

View attachment 233170
I think it shows how little the blue bloods pay attention outside their homer world. If you don't know anything about the ACC champion team that is on the fan. He didn't have to break down Indiana for me, I've seen them 10 times. I watch all hoops not some Miami bubble.

Here We Go Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

The 'Canes are going to have trouble defending the paint as their yearly statistics suggest plus their season-long lack of defensive commitment. They will have hit contested perimeter shots and try to get IU defenders in foul trouble although in tournament games foul calls are historically fewer as referees allow for physical play unless it results in huge advantages or obvious hacks. Tempo does not favor 'Canes with a smaller team as actually IU seeks to push the tempo from defensive pressure and forcing hurried 3 pt shots or initiate breaks from blocked shots. What is against IU this year is the follow-up game from an emotional win, not sure if it is physical fatigue or mental-emotional fatigue.

The biggest adjustment will be how the 'Canes adjust to the blocked shot on dives to the rim or the threat and altered shots from both TJD averages 2.73 per game (5th in the nation) and Thompson who averages 1.2 blocks per game in 22 minutes. The smaller lineup also invites an 8th-level substitute of Geronimo who has a 42-inch vertical leap and averages a block per game. Both Geronimo and Thompson were hurt during the year and appear to be recovering to full strength. IU's losses can be directly attributed to teams who can shoot and make more than 12 or more threes at 40% while shooting over 48% in twos. If IU is able to score more than 50 points in the paint they succeed.

If the 'Canes choose not to double TJD at the post he will score more than 30 and still dish out 5 or more assists. If they double then the pressure is on the supporting cast. Just giving the old timers a comparison, TJD has emerged much in the way Bill Russell played the game as he is not a typical #5 post player. He is 6'9" but has a wingspan that is normal to 7-footers, has the quickest recovery jump, and has a vertical leap of 39-40"s. His offense is limited to a strong left hand over his right shoulder but balances that with footwork and quickness that rivals swing forwards down low. He will also lead the break-off rebounds or will run out on long rebounds and beat his opponent to the basket.

IU's key to the game is whether Thompson, Kopp, or Bates contributes above their averages as IU will get a dozen from Hood Scafino and twenty points from TJD.
lol at Bill Russell. More like John Collins

Advertisement

IU's key to the game is whether Thompson, Kopp, or Bates contributes above their averages as IU will get a dozen from Hood Scafino and twenty points from our
out of our 7 losses this year I can only remember 1 where we lost due to a teams big man (ACCT without N.Omier)

We had the same matchup last year against auburn where they had a first round talent in Jabari who’s game is very similar to TJD. What we lack in size we make up for in speed/quick hands. TJD will not be able to win this game on his own.

Another statistic in ALL our losses:

Our opponents averaged 8.5 made 3’s a game on a 39.6% clip

We averaged only 6.8 on a 30.9% clip

I find it very hard to picture a loss if Indiana does not shoot the 3 well.

Advertisement
Back