Bissanthe
Keontra
Flagg
Chase (injured)
Washington
Bryant
Popo (summer arrival)
Pulliam (summer arrival)

Overall numbers wise it’s not bad at all but we will need another 3-4 guys in this 2024 class to truly get the unit where it needs to be
I revise my last statement. This looks better - although I’d let Washington and Flagg battle it out for reps.

Advertisement
Two things:

1. I swear Ragone has been here since 2018; got ****!

2. Seeing Francisco & Flagg go through mirrored drills should clearly show why Flagg gets in trouble when out in space. He’s not fluid, at all, in the hips. One of the things I criticized the offer was it was clear he’s a coachable kid, but he was too mechanical & robotic w/ his approach. He takes & uses too many steps due to lack of fluidity & explosion.

Francisco looked the best out of the bunch. Hit a HR w/ this portal pick, imo.
Francisco is an NFL guy that’s the difference haha

I revise my last statement. This looks better - although I’d let Washington and Flagg battle it out for reps.
Let keontra and flagg battle it out for back up minutes in far lesser roles. Position be damned. We need to start seeing special teams get keyed back up again. That's honestly how so many of us developed before we saw significant minutes on the field. Special teams and scout need to become far more relevant. Hence why we're seeing all these walk ons coming in with some hype. We used to have some dogs in both roles. They'd get us right. Bobby is gonna be a savage. Just needs some time cause he's so raw.

Advertisement
Just watching a clip of drills obviously doesn’t say it all. WB needs to put on some weight though still. Legs look like chopsticks. Him, Mauigoa and Washington should be the starters with Flagg being next man up. Washington already looks like he has the body type.

It doesn't say much at all if we're being honest.

All you've got to compare is how we look against ourselves on drills they know where the ball will be.

There's a reason I don't look at these video updates hardly ever. I was just wondering what Washington looked like.

He annoys me because he talks like he’s some team leader. Honestly if he’s your your 2 deep, you are not a top tier program
Than each and every single year the same dumb *** article about how he's embracing change. Lmfao. When is embracing change going to equate to he's getting any better at what he's getting a free ride to do? Can't wait till his eligibility is gone than just like they did with Knowles the narrative will immediately change from how badly he sucked to what an amazing case he is for how great such and such coach did with him. Honestly if we can pull an ounce of production out of him that coach should get an award right that moment and a substantial bonus.

Than each and every single year the same dumb *** article about how he's embracing change. Lmfao. When is embracing change going to equate to he's getting any better at what he's getting a free ride to do? Can't wait till his eligibility is gone than just like they did with Knowles the narrative will immediately change from how badly he sucked to what an amazing case he is for how great such and such coach did with him. Honestly if we can pull an ounce of production out of him that coach should get an award right that moment and a substantial bonus.
he's a limited kid. he has never blown a play up so even if he has a high football iq, it dont matter.

Advertisement

I don't know, Dee, can the kid really do much more? Could Knowles? I know the players and their families read these threads sometimes, so I really try to avoid "fan rage". I kept it toned down D$'s thread on Flagg as much as I could. It's not like the kid can change the fact his genetics make him too slow no matter how much S&C he does. Sure he should trim down, get more intuitive, get more inspired. But he'll never be Top P5 level.

IMO, the issue isn't Flagg, it's that we even have Flagg on the team. Or worse, Ragone. I'm really not trying to rag on these guys. I am sure they're great teammates and young men. But we only have Francisco as a reliable option today. Chase is injured, Keontra uninspired, Flagg limited, Bobby, hasn't gone to prom yet.

I was so bummed when I read @Lance Roffers in the other thread saying Wes is still not ready. We need him to step up NOW. ... It's criminal negligence that our LB room looks like it does.

I don't know, Dee, can the kid really do much more? Could Knowles? I know the players and their families read these threads sometimes, so I really try to avoid "fan rage". I kept it toned down D$'s thread on Flagg as much as I could. It's not like the kid can change the fact his genetics make him too slow no matter how much S&C he does. Sure he should trim down, get more intuitive, get more inspired. But he'll never be Top P5 level.

IMO, the issue isn't Flagg, it's that we even have Flagg on the team. Or worse, Ragone. I'm really not trying to rag on these guys. I am sure they're great teammates and young men. But we only have Francisco as a reliable option today. Chase is injured, Keontra uninspired, Flagg limited, Bobby, hasn't gone to prom yet.

I was so bummed when I read @Lance Roffers in the other thread saying Wes is still not ready. We need him to step up NOW. ... It's criminal negligence that our LB room looks like it does.
Numerous issues. #1 ragones issue is strictly genetics. He just physically doesn't have what it takes. But if the rest of the room had his heart and his iq we'd be set. #2 Flagg's issue isn't genetics PRIMARILY. His issue is not only is he slow. But he's stupid as **** and has a horrible approach to the game. He literally takes himself OUT OF PLAYS on a regular basis that he should be making. He has ZERO heart. Add onto that the fact he's slow as dirt and that's Flagg's problem. Wes definitely isn't ready. However you gotta start investing in the future at a certain point. Results are obviously meaningful. However when those results are suspect at best than maybe you gotta start giving the experience and ability to develop into the youth that also HAPPENS TO HAVE A HUGE UPSIDE...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back