ITU video on LBs

Advertisement
Two things:

1. I swear Ragone has been here since 2018; got ****!

2. Seeing Francisco & Flagg go through mirrored drills should clearly show why Flagg gets in trouble when out in space. He’s not fluid, at all, in the hips. One of the things I criticized the offer was it was clear he’s a coachable kid, but he was too mechanical & robotic w/ his approach. He takes & uses too many steps due to lack of fluidity & explosion.

Francisco looked the best out of the bunch. Hit a HR w/ this portal pick, imo.
Lee and Cohen obviously were massive additions but Mauigoa looks like he’s right there with them considering how desperate we were for LB help.

Not splashy portal additions to the rest of the college football world but I have a feeling we are gonna be like “thank god we got those guys” a lot this season.

Advertisement
Lee and Cohen obviously were massive additions but Mauigoa looks like he’s right there with them considering how desperate we were for LB help.

Not splashy portal additions to the rest of the college football world but I have a feeling we are gonna be like “thank god we got those guys” a lot this season.

Fsus3gAWIAAXDYE

Unfortunately this is the reality we are in. The talent will come but this won't get done overnight. For the time being I am fine with enjoying the journey and watching these kids and this team improve.

I agree with you, @FrancisSawyer . I think we need to be patient with the staff as long as they keep building talent and depth, and enjoy the journey. On the other hand, look what Omier and Pack did for Larranaga. 7 or 8 more quality portalers would be welcome right about now...

He catches some hate, but I feel the majority of his criticism or "hate" is in regard to his athleticism and ability. This video doesn't lie. It's night and day difference in his athleticism (speed, quickness, fluidity, explosiveness, etc...) when compared to our other scholarship linebackers. Even our true freshman #17, Bobby Washington, already looks more athletic or whatever term you want to use compared to Flagg.

Dropping weight can’t hurt

Advertisement
Maugoia
Bissanthe
Keontra
Flagg
Chase (injured)
Washington
Bryant
Popo (summer arrival)
Pulliam (summer arrival)

Overall numbers wise it’s not bad at all but we will need another 3-4 guys in this 2024 class to truly get the unit where it needs to be

Advertisement
Hard to glean a whole lot from these drills, but let's give it a shot. Mauigoa, Washington and Wes look a cut above athletically with Keontra in the vicinity. Smith obviously smallish and for a former safety/striker not real fluid. From a size standpoint, Wes looks like a Manny-lb'er. Say hello to the weight room pls. And am I the only one noticing a lack of fluidity coming out of his backpedal? Coveted prospect that needs development. Not a stretch to believe Blue's assessment (for me).
Mauigoa or bust for this group. Gotta be there and stay healthy. Deficiencies obvious, Flagg still reps in all likelihood, barring a miracle amongst Washington or Po-Po. Nothing aside from athleticism stood out from Washington in this drill, but the smoke is legitimate, I guess.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Just watching a clip of drills obviously doesn’t say it all. WB needs to put on some weight though still. Legs look like chopsticks. Him, Mauigoa and Washington should be the starters with Flagg being next man up. Washington already looks like he has the body type.

Advertisement
Back