It's that time o' year

TheSwagger1

Retired staff
Premium
... I can see the hearbreak just ready to drop like a sledgehammer as I read through these posts of folks expecting to land Cook, Sony, Pelon, Johnson, Gayot, Hester, Lane, Dixon, Jackson, Prince, and Rudolph.

There will be a Howard, a Coley, etc., but there are probably going to be more Matt Thomas and Jaynard Bostwicks. Signing Day is a helluva lot more enjoyable if you go into it without expecting to magically flip everyone you want. It sucks, but lots of kids go elsewhere, no matter what program you're rooting for. Even fans of Alabama and FSU will get their teeth kicked in a few times.

I'm not trying to be mope squad or set the bar low to protect our coaches, and you'll probably catch me *****ing as much as anyone else, but just a word to the wise....don't get too out-of-whack with reality going into it.

Advertisement
201.jpg

... I can see the hearbreak just ready to drop like a sledgehammer as I read through these posts of folks expecting to land Cook, Sony, Pelon, Johnson, Gayot, Hester, Lane, Dixon, Jackson, Prince, and Rudolph.

There will be a Howard, a Coley, etc., but there are probably going to be more Matt Thomas and Jaynard Bostwicks. Signing Day is a helluva lot more enjoyable if you go into it without expecting to magically flip everyone you want. It sucks, but lots of kids go elsewhere, no matter what program you're rooting for. Even fans of Alabama and FSU will get their teeth kicked in a few times.

I'm not trying to be mope squad or set the bar low to protect our coaches, and you'll probably catch me ****ing as much as anyone else, but just a word to the wise....don't get too out-of-whack with reality going into it.

Im just thankful Al and company have got us back into the position where high caliber kids are visiting and considering us again. Rome wasn't built in a day.... Slowly but surely were getting the talent we need back here

Advertisement
You can always see it coming when you get 10 page threads discussing, mothers, grandmothers, and law school girlfriends.

I'm not trying to be mope squad or set the bar low to protect our coaches, and you'll probably catch me ****ing as much as anyone else, but just a word to the wise....don't get too out-of-whack with reality going into it.

We are going to win some and lose some.

However, we wont get back to a BCS Bowl level team, if we strike out on all of these guys from Dade/Broward/Palm Beach.

That is just way too much talent to lose from your back yard.

Advertisement

Im just thankful Al and company have got us back into the position where high caliber kids are visiting and considering us again. Rome wasn't built in a day.... Slowly but surely were getting the talent we need back here

If we can make it to signing day without effing up the DT position then this is a great foundational class. There's help on the way at every single spot other than safety, and they look to be difference maker type talents, not JAGs.

I posted a pretty good post on the Black Vern prediction posts. Was going to copy and paste it in here, but it looks like the thread was deleted.....

There is also WAY too much talent down here to keep it all. Yeah I get it..It would suck if we lost Cook, Lane, Rudolph to FSU. And Dixon to OSU. And Pelon to USC. And Sony to UGA. But this is just the way the game is played. We have a top 5 class as is. And our major problem is not offense its DEFENSE. And we have a great defensive class coming in. Sure we could use some more playmakers. But im not gonna **** on the guys we have coming here just because some other kids dont see what Al is building here.

And face it..FSU is the flavor of the month. Esp with that offense.

Advertisement
This class is already **** strong. We just need a couple more pieces and to hang on to the ones we have.

Everything else is a bonus to me.

We will get Jackson, possibly Dixon, and possibly Cook and possibly Pelon. The rest are gone.

good perspective for those of us who have followed recruiting over the last 15 years. Always surprise, always disappointment. Names will pop up, kids will drop off, kids won't make it in. Same thing every year.

I have a feeling a lot of kids are using us for their 2nd or 3rd hat in the hat game

Advertisement

I don't think it is the mope squad, just the realistic crew. We probably will get a few more kids but they could be anyone.

I'm almost sure that Bama and FSU fans have had a great on signing day imo

I don't care how good signing day is, I care about the actual class we bring in. We don't need to have a cardiac signing day, we can have the class pretty much done by that point. So if they want to commit earlier than signing day or enroll early, that is fine.

I think so too. Looks like we're missing on our DT Jucos, Dixon, Cook, Lane, etc.

Worst part is I think FSU wins the MNC and cleans up in South Florida again. Since 2011 they have recruited better in S Fl than we have which should never happen.

Advertisement
Back