It's That Time: 2017 Official Predictions Thread

List your predictions for every category.

For those of you that don't know, the poster closest overall in every category will receive a prize. This year, DMoney will be giving the winner a $20,000 gift card to Miami Subs, the official sponsor of Canesinsight. Miami Subs: Now With 18% Less Rats.

Record Excluding Bowl Game

Losses To:

Coastal Standing:

Total Offense Rank:

Total Defense Rank:

Top 2 Receiver's Stats:

Top 2 Rusher's Stats:

Top QB's Stats:

Leading Tackler:

Leading Sack..er:

Leading Interceptor:

Freshman of the Year Offense:

Freshman of the Year Defense:

Breakout Player:

Mine:
9-4
Losses to FSU, VT, Atlantic Champ
1st in Coastal
Off Rank: 45th
Def Rank: 7th
Richards, 1,000 and 9; Thomas 750 and 6
Walton 1350 and 11; Homer 680 and 6
Rosier 2,800, 22 and 15
Shaq leads team in tackles
Joe Jackson lead team with double digit sacks
Delaney grabs most picks
Jeff Thomas Freshman ROY Offense
DJ Johnson Freshman ROY Defense
Breakout Player: Malek Young

Record Excluding Bowl Game: 9-3

Losses To: FSU, Ga Tech, Notre Dame

Coastal Standing: Second Place (behind Ga Tech)

Total Offense Rank: Bottom quarter (70th place or below)

Total Defense Rank: Top 20 Defense

Top 2 Receiver's Stats: 800yds, 5 td's for Richards; 500yds, 6 TD's for Herndon

Top 2 Rusher's Stats: 1050yds, 14 TD's for Walton; 380yds, 3 TD's for Trayone Gray

Top QB's Stats: 2400yds, 18 td's, 12 int for Rosier

Leading Tackler: 74 total tackles, 8 TFL, 3 sacks for McCloud

Leading Sack..er: 11.5 sacks, 18 TFL for Joe Jackson

Leading Interceptor: Too Soon. Need to see who's playing FS and/or Nickle

Freshman of the Year Offense: Mike Harley (400yds, 2 TD's)

Freshman of the Year Defense: Trajan Bandy. More than likely will block a couple of kicks (punts/FG attempts). Maybe even save a game since the offense is going to suck.

Breakout Player: Scott Patchan - helps keep it close against FSU. He owns their RT.

I'm not sure how people are predicting 2500 pass yards on average, but attributing 1500-1700yds on average to the top 2 receivers.

I'm assuming Perry or screech get some time rotating in and account for some stats as well.

If we could reasonably assume that this team could pass for 4.5k yards as a team (3-QB's) then its more than likely an 11-win team with a top 40 offense.

I don't think that will occur since they suck and thus the offense won't be on the field long enough (3rd down conversion) to roll up those type of numbers.

Are some people really predicting that we're losing to Notre Dame again?

Their DL has two guys who killed Miami last year in Jerry Tillery and Jay Hayes.
Nyla's Morgan also played very well against Miami last year.

On offense, they walked up and down on Miami when it mattered last year. 4/5ths of that OL are back.

Yes, Miami has more depth which should help.

Our QB play may be worse than last year.

That's an L

Are some people really predicting that we're losing to Notre Dame again?

Their DL has two guys who killed Miami last year in Jerry Tillery and Jay Hayes.

On offense, they walked up and down on Miami when it mattered last year. 4/5ths of that OL are back.

That's an L

They lost their qb, this game will be at home, and our front 7 is going to be elite this year. Not to mention they were 4-8 last year. W.

Miami vs. Notre Dame - Box Score - October 29, 2016 - ESPN

Well - they didn't beat Miami because of their QB. He was OK, but didn't light the world on fire (65% completion; 263yds and 2 TD's).

Here's why Miami lost -
Walton goes for 2.5ypc. How does that change this year if the core of the DL comes back?
Kaayak took 5 sacks, and the OL as a whole gave up 12 TFL's. The same OL is coming back that got their *** kicked. How is that going to be different this year?

You tell me how this changes this year and Miami wins.

Record Excluding Bowl Game: 9-4

Losses To: FSU, IDK, IDK, Atlantic Champ

Coastal Standing: 1st/2nd

Total Offense Rank: 58

Total Defense Rank: top 15

Leading Tackler: Shaq

Leading Sack..er: Joe

Leading Interceptor:Jaquan

Freshman of the Year Offense: Jeff/Mike

Freshman of the Year Defense: Garvin/Bandy

Breakout Player: McCloud/Herndon

They lost their qb, this game will be at home, and our front 7 is going to be elite this year. Not to mention they were 4-8 last year. W.

Well - they didn't beat Miami because of their QB. He was OK, but didn't light the world on fire (65% completion; 263yds and 2 TD's).

Here's why Miami lost -
Walton goes for 2.5ypc. How does that change this year if the core of the DL comes back?
Kaayak took 5 sacks, and the OL as a whole gave up 12 TFL's. The same OL is coming back that got their *** kicked. How is that going to be different this year?

OL is playing better according to Ariz. we are going to spread defenses out with our receivers, it will open up things for mark and Travis. Also we will get sacked less because whoever our qb is will not be as immobile as Kaaya. Not to mention I think our D will hold them to fewer points.

So you think in one off-season, with basically the same players, the OL is going to go from 17 TFL's (sacks included) to a DL that whooped their *** for 4-quarters last year to a unit that is going to move the ball and beat Notre Dame?

Excellent, sound logic there.

This is what I'm saying.. I want to beat ND as much as anyone else put people are forgetting a coupe things.

1) We lost them last year.. and they went 4-8.. Yes we're much better but we still lost to them when nothing had gone right for them in their worst season in 10 years. They hit rock bottom last year and they still beat us so I don't understand how people think this game will be a walk in the park w/ zero possibility of losing to them.

2) We have a Elite front 7 but they have an elite OL.. So that kinda cancel out expecting our front 7 to just win the game for us. ND and VT were the 2 games our D-line struggled against and you can blame the injuries and short week for the VT performance but not ND.

3) Yes, we got some terrible OL off our team but that doesn't change the fact we don't really have any depth. We play VT the week before and they're front 7, as we saw last year, is no joke so the possibility of our OL being banged up going into the ND game can really be the case and we saw how they dominated some of our backups who were in the game because starters struggled.

Record Excluding Bowl Game 8-4

Losses To: FSU, VT, ND, UVA

Coastal Standing: 4th

Total Offense Rank:65

Total Defense Rank:25

Top 2 Receiver's Stats:

A. Richards 55 catches, 820 yards, 5 TDs
C Herndon 40 catches, 548 yards, 4 TDs

Top 2 Rusher's Stats:
M Walton, 255 carries, 1100 yards, 8 TDs
T. Homer 60 carries, 320 yards, 4 TDs

Top QB's Stats:
M Rosier 2400 yards, 56% completion rate, 21 TDs,14 int

Leading Tackler:
S Quarterman 85 tackles

Leading Sack..er:
J Jackson 11.5

Leading Interceptor:
D. Delaney 4 INT

N. Donaldson

T. Bandy

Breakout Player:
S. Patchan

Record Excluding Bowl Game 9-4 (think we make the acccg w/ 2 acc losses and lose acccg)

Losses To: fsu, nd, and some wtf loss like pitt or gt

Coastal Standing: 1st tied with another team but win the head to head tie breaker (i think the coastal beasts itself up this year like normal)

Total Offense Rank: 38

Total Defense Rank: 17

Leading Tackler: shaq

Leading Sack..er: j.jackson

Leading Interceptor: j. johnson

Freshman of the Year Offense: donaldson

Freshman of the Year Defense: bandy

Breakout Player: j thomas

i'm as excited about the year and the talent as anyone but i still need to see more from m richt and diaz's coaching ability before i start throwing out 12-1 type predictions. i think we're going to have some suicidal fans after this year. should be fun. enjoy the ride.

edit: changed defense ranking from 20 to 17. see small gains.

Straight up puzzy ****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Welp nobody was right so far

Screen Shot 2017-11-23 at 1.55.10 PM.jpg

I also said in other threads we go undefeated.

For those of you that don't know, the poster closest overall in every category will receive a prize. This year, DMoney will be giving the winner a $20,000 gift card to Miami Subs, the official sponsor of Canesinsight. Miami Subs: Now With 18% Less Rats.

Losses To:

Coastal Standing:

Total Offense Rank:

Total Defense Rank:

Top 2 Receiver's Stats:

Top 2 Rusher's Stats:

Top QB's Stats:

Leading Tackler:

Leading Sack..er:

Leading Interceptor:

Breakout Player:

Mine:
9-4
1st in Coastal
Rosier 2,800, 22 and 15
Delaney grabs most picks

Top 2 Rusher's Stats: 1050yds, 14 TD's for Walton; 380yds, 3 TD's for Trayone Gray

Freshman of the Year Defense: Trajan Bandy. More than likely will block a couple of kicks (punts/FG attempts). Maybe even save a game since the offense is going to suck.

Breakout Player: Scott Patchan - helps keep it close against FSU. He owns their RT.

I'm assuming Perry or screech get some time rotating in and account for some stats as well.

If we could reasonably assume that this team could pass for 4.5k yards as a team (3-QB's) then its more than likely an 11-win team with a top 40 offense.

I don't think that will occur since they suck and thus the offense won't be on the field long enough (3rd down conversion) to roll up those type of numbers.

So you think in one off-season, with basically the same players, the OL is going to go from 17 TFL's (sacks included) to a DL that whooped their *** for 4-quarters last year to a unit that is going to move the ball and beat Notre Dame?

This is what I'm saying.. I want to beat ND as much as anyone else put people are forgetting a coupe things.

1) We lost them last year.. and they went 4-8.. Yes we're much better but we still lost to them when nothing had gone right for them in their worst season in 10 years. They hit rock bottom last year and they still beat us so I don't understand how people think this game will be a walk in the park w/ zero possibility of losing to them.

2) We have a Elite front 7 but they have an elite OL.. So that kinda cancel out expecting our front 7 to just win the game for us. ND and VT were the 2 games our D-line struggled against and you can blame the injuries and short week for the VT performance but not ND.

3) Yes, we got some terrible OL off our team but that doesn't change the fact we don't really have any depth. We play VT the week before and they're front 7, as we saw last year, is no joke so the possibility of our OL being banged up going into the ND game can really be the case and we saw how they dominated some of our backups who were in the game because starters struggled.

Top 2 Receiver's Stats:

Top 2 Rusher's Stats:

Top QB's Stats:

Leading Tackler:
S Quarterman 85 tackles

Leading Sack..er:
J Jackson 11.5

Leading Interceptor:
D. Delaney 4 INT

N. Donaldson

T. Bandy

Breakout Player:
S. Patchan

Record Excluding Bowl Game 9-4 (think we make the acccg w/ 2 acc losses and lose acccg)

Coastal Standing: 1st tied with another team but win the head to head tie breaker (i think the coastal beasts itself up this year like normal)

i'm as excited about the year and the talent as anyone but i still need to see more from m richt and diaz's coaching ability before i start throwing out 12-1 type predictions. i think we're going to have some suicidal fans after this year. should be fun. enjoy the ride.

Straight up puzzy ****

Duke fans are **** gobbling cvnts.

Advertisement

Losses To:

Coastal Standing:

Total Offense Rank:

Total Defense Rank:

Top 2 Receiver's Stats:

Top 2 Rusher's Stats:

Top QB's Stats:

Leading Tackler:

Leading Sack..er:

Leading Interceptor:

Breakout Player:

Mine:
9-4
1st in Coastal
Rosier 2,800, 22 and 15
Delaney grabs most picks

Top 2 Receiver's Stats:

Top 2 Rusher's Stats:

Top QB's Stats:

Leading Tackler:
S Quarterman 85 tackles

Leading Sack..er:
J Jackson 11.5

Leading Interceptor:
D. Delaney 4 INT

N. Donaldson

T. Bandy

Breakout Player:
S. Patchan

Straight up puzzy ****

Duke fans are **** gobbling cvnts.

Just like ya daddy

That's an L

Here's why Miami lost -

OL is playing better according to Ariz. we are going to spread defenses out with our receivers, it will open up things for mark and Travis. Also we will get sacked less because whoever our qb is will not be as immobile as Kaaya. Not to mention I think our D will hold them to fewer points.

Hate to Be a ****y ****** But you deserve this one. I nailed it. Eat a **** Ghandi.

Advertisement
Back