It's That Time: 2017 Official Predictions Thread

Advertisement
Record Excluding Bowl Game: 9-3

Losses To: FSU, Ga Tech, Notre Dame

Coastal Standing: Second Place (behind Ga Tech)

Total Offense Rank: Bottom quarter (70th place or below)

Total Defense Rank: Top 20 Defense

Top 2 Receiver's Stats: 800yds, 5 td's for Richards; 500yds, 6 TD's for Herndon

Top 2 Rusher's Stats: 1050yds, 14 TD's for Walton; 380yds, 3 TD's for Trayone Gray

Top QB's Stats: 2400yds, 18 td's, 12 int for Rosier

Leading Tackler: 74 total tackles, 8 TFL, 3 sacks for McCloud

Leading Sack..er: 11.5 sacks, 18 TFL for Joe Jackson

Leading Interceptor: Too Soon. Need to see who's playing FS and/or Nickle

Freshman of the Year Offense: Mike Harley (400yds, 2 TD's)

Freshman of the Year Defense: Trajan Bandy. More than likely will block a couple of kicks (punts/FG attempts). Maybe even save a game since the offense is going to suck.

Breakout Player: Scott Patchan - helps keep it close against FSU. He owns their RT.

I'm not sure how people are predicting 2500 pass yards on average, but attributing 1500-1700yds on average to the top 2 receivers.

I'm not sure how people are predicting 2500 pass yards on average, but attributing 1500-1700yds on average to the top 2 receivers.

I'm assuming Perry or screech get some time rotating in and account for some stats as well.

. Reason is that a lot of posters on this board post without thinking and analyzing their message. Perhaps a third of posters have their act together, the rest post without any rhyme or reason.

Advertisement

I'm assuming Perry or screech get some time rotating in and account for some stats as well.

This. 2nd and 3rd string QBs will get a fair amount of PT this year. Especially if Rosier wins the job as one of the guys from the bench is gonna be the man next year in all likelihood.

If we could reasonably assume that this team could pass for 4.5k yards as a team (3-QB's) then its more than likely an 11-win team with a top 40 offense.

I don't think that will occur since they suck and thus the offense won't be on the field long enough (3rd down conversion) to roll up those type of numbers.

Are some people really predicting that we're losing to Notre Dame again?

Their DL has two guys who killed Miami last year in Jerry Tillery and Jay Hayes.
Nyla's Morgan also played very well against Miami last year.

On offense, they walked up and down on Miami when it mattered last year. 4/5ths of that OL are back.

Yes, Miami has more depth which should help.

Our QB play may be worse than last year.

That's an L

Advertisement

Their DL has two guys who killed Miami last year in Jerry Tillery and Jay Hayes.

On offense, they walked up and down on Miami when it mattered last year. 4/5ths of that OL are back.

That's an L

They lost their qb, this game will be at home, and our front 7 is going to be elite this year. Not to mention they were 4-8 last year. W.

Record Excluding Bowl Game: 9-3

Losses To: FSU, Ga Tech, Notre Dame

Coastal Standing: Second Place (behind Ga Tech)

Total Offense Rank: Bottom quarter (70th place or below)

Total Defense Rank: Top 20 Defense
Top 2 Receiver's Stats: 800yds, 5 td's for Richards; 500yds, 6 TD's for Herndon

Top 2 Rusher's Stats: 1050yds, 14 TD's for Walton; 380yds, 3 TD's for Trayone Gray

Top QB's Stats: 2400yds, 18 td's, 12 int for Rosier

Leading Tackler: 74 total tackles, 8 TFL, 3 sacks for McCloud

Leading Sack..er: 11.5 sacks, 18 TFL for Joe Jackson

Leading Interceptor: Too Soon. Need to see who's playing FS and/or Nickle

Freshman of the Year Offense: Mike Harley (400yds, 2 TD's)

Freshman of the Year Defense: Trajan Bandy. More than likely will block a couple of kicks (punts/FG attempts). Maybe even save a game since the offense is going to suck.

Breakout Player: Scott Patchan - helps keep it close against FSU. He owns their RT.

You've been goldenized exponentially.

Record Excluding Bowl Game: 10-2

Losses To: @FSU, vs GT

Coastal Standing: 1st

Total Offense Rank: 60th

Total Defense Rank: 10th

Top 2 Receiver's Stats: Ahmmon Richards-1,050 yards 7 TDs and Chris Herndon- 700 yards 4 TD's

Top 2 Rusher's Stats: Mark Walton 1,250 yards 11 TDs and Travis Homer 650 yards 6 TDs

Top QB's Stats:
Malik Rosier 870 yards 8 TDs 3 INTs
N'Kosi Perry 2,200 yards 17 TDs 8 INTs

Leading Tackler: Zach McCloud 95 tackles

Leading Sacker: Joe Jackson 10 sacks

Leading Interceptor: Malek Young 4 INTs

Freshman of the Year Offense: Jeff Thomas-500 receiving yards 4 TDs, 260 rushing yards 3 TD, 3 KR/PR TDs

Freshman of the Year Defense: Amari Carter 30 tackles, 3 FF, 1 INT

Breakout Player: Demetrius Jackson 35 tackles, 7 TFL, 5 sacks

Last edited:
Advertisement

That's an L

They lost their qb, this game will be at home, and our front 7 is going to be elite this year. Not to mention they were 4-8 last year. W.

Miami vs. Notre Dame - Box Score - October 29, 2016 - ESPN

Well - they didn't beat Miami because of their QB. He was OK, but didn't light the world on fire (65% completion; 263yds and 2 TD's).

Here's why Miami lost -
Walton goes for 2.5ypc. How does that change this year if the core of the DL comes back?
Kaayak took 5 sacks, and the OL as a whole gave up 12 TFL's. The same OL is coming back that got their *** kicked. How is that going to be different this year?

You tell me how this changes this year and Miami wins.

That's an L

Miami vs. Notre Dame - Box Score - October 29, 2016 - ESPN

Well - they didn't beat Miami because of their QB. He was OK, but didn't light the world on fire (65% completion; 263yds and 2 TD's).

Here's why Miami lost -
Walton goes for 2.5ypc. How does that change this year if the core of the DL comes back?
Kaayak took 5 sacks, and the OL as a whole gave up 12 TFL's. The same OL is coming back that got their *** kicked. How is that going to be different this year?

You tell me how this changes this year and Miami wins.

OL is playing better according to Ariz. we are going to spread defenses out with our receivers, it will open up things for mark and Travis. Also we will get sacked less because whoever our qb is will not be as immobile as Kaaya. Not to mention I think our D will hold them to fewer points.

Mine

Record Excluding Bowl Game 11-2

Losses To: FSU, @UNC (we win the ACC title game)

Coastal Standing: 1st

Total Offense Rank: 45

Total Defense Rank: 8

Top 2 Receiver's Stats: Richards 1,107/11; Herndon 652/7

Top 2 Rusher's Stats: Walton 1,186/14; Homer 577/5

Top QB's Stats: Rosier 2,857 yards, 25 TD's, 11 INT's

Leading Tackler:

Leading Sack..er: Joe Jackson 10.5 sacks

Leading Interceptor: Malek Young 5 INT's

Freshman of the Year Offense: Mike Harley

Freshman of the Year Defense: Trajan Bandy

Breakout Player: Malek Young