Its Offical: Scott Patchans Sign LOI Welcom to the U!!!

he's a great kid. It's so important to have him be a Cane. #Family. i hope he gets to the NFL so his brother can say he knows someone on an NFL team. Hopefully he gives him a free ticket.

Advertisement
This dude is so underrated.

In Chick's high school tape, you could tell that he was a plodder, while this guy has some explosion to his game.

He'll be even better once he gets there early and starts working out.

Some guys just like to throw kids under the bus. Would love to seen this evaluation from you 4 years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hio-8kz9LbM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC-C03OxhC0

The visual evidence speaks for itself boss. Nobody is throwing Chick under the bus. He is what he is and that's fine.

Like I said, what was your eval 4 years ago?

We all know your agenda.

In Chick's high school tape, you could tell that he was a plodder, while this guy has some explosion to his game.

Some guys just like to throw kids under the bus. Would love to seen this evaluation from you 4 years ago.

The visual evidence speaks for itself boss. Nobody is throwing Chick under the bus. He is what he is and that's fine.

Like I said, what was your eval 4 years ago?

We all know your agenda.

48db2750-6333-4126-8dd9-1fc718d2124d_wadereaction.gif

Last edited:
This is not the LOI. This is a financial aid agreement that does not bind him to UM. He could still sign with another school if he wanted to (not that he will).

That is huge!!! This team will only return 1 SDE (Chad Thomas) and now with Patch coming in early he will have time to get ready to be the #2.

Advertisement
This is not the LOI. This is a financial aid agreement that does not bind him to UM. He could still sign with another school if he wanted to (not that he will).

I thought they signed the grant-in-aid back in July?

Patchan Signs Grant-In-Aid Agreement

Courtesy: Hurricanesports.com
Press Release: 08/04/2014

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – The University of Miami football program signed rising senior defensive end Scott Patchan to a grant-in-aid agreement Monday.

Retweeted by Bo Archibald
StateOfTheU.com @TheStateOfTheU · 1h
Archibald signing a Grant-in-aid agreement is great. Gives Miami a huge recruiting advantage. Not that I doubted his commitment but it helps

Love this kid, he's cane to the bone. He tells it like it is if you ever seen his twitter. Love his size too, he's really gonna explode when he gets into the college weight program. Big kid at 6'6" almost 240.

As for Chick, I am on the side of he was more impressive coming out of high school. I do think he's solid but not as good of a pass rusher I expected him to be. Gut feeling I get about chick though, I think he will be a better pro than college player.

Another note, I expect Patchan to actually play early. Spelling Chad at SDE.

If you saw Patchan this year at IMG before the injury, he was a terror off the edge and hard to block. Love his potential.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Folks forget what a great CANE his dad and uncle were in the 80s. His dad was one of the meanest looking dudes I ever saw at UM. I will walk around campus to avoid bumping into him. A beast of a man, even in his wheelchair I still respect who he is/was. His uncle was just a crazy man as well. I respect that family for beings CANES despite his brother becoming a Gator.

Folks forget what a great CANE his dad and uncle were in the 80s. His dad was one of the meanest looking dudes I ever saw at UM. I will walk around campus to avoid bumping into him. A beast of a man, even in his wheelchair I still respect who he is/was. His uncle was just a crazy man as well. I respect that family for beings CANES despite his brother becoming a Gator.

Matt knows he done ****ed up making his momma cry back in 08 picking UF over Miami. Had terrible luck at UF. Became solid at boston college. Still till this day, I think he made a very bad decision going to UF, he would have fit in here at Miami despite Randy being around.

I thought they signed the grant-in-aid back in July?

Patchan Signs Grant-In-Aid Agreement

Courtesy: Hurricanesports.com
Press Release: 08/04/2014

CORAL GABLES, Fla. – The University of Miami football program signed rising senior defensive end Scott Patchan to a grant-in-aid agreement Monday.

Retweeted by Bo Archibald
StateOfTheU.com @TheStateOfTheU · 1h
Archibald signing a Grant-in-aid agreement is great. Gives Miami a huge recruiting advantage. Not that I doubted his commitment but it helps

Either way, he can't sign a binding LOI right now. I guess he can sign and not date it but what is the difference??

Did they not vote the early signing date in for EE's?

Last edited:
Advertisement
All it does it guarantee he has a scholarship from UM and it allows him to enroll early if he chooses. Not binding, they did this with Bowman Archibald and since he decommitted and looks to be going to Wake Forest it's going to be a small infraction on UM.

they did this with Bowman Archibald and since he decommitted and looks to be going to Wake Forest it's going to be a small infraction on UM.

Isn't the infraction ONLY if we don't honor the scholarship. You can't penalize a school because a 17 year old changes his mind..... Dumbest **** I've heard

All it does it guarantee he has a scholarship from UM and it allows him to enroll early if he chooses. Not binding, they did this with Bowman Archibald and since he decommitted and looks to be going to Wake Forest it's going to be a small infraction on UM.

Ruh roh...

Anyone care to bring up that rule book on the aid agreement? Think I saw it a while back.

Advertisement

Ruh roh...

Anyone care to bring up that rule book on the aid agreement? Think I saw it a while back.

Pretty sure this was discussed ad nauseum, and the consensus was that it's only an infraction if the school doesn't honor it when the kid tried to sign. It binds the school to the kid, not the kid to the school.

As a part of its April meeting, Division I Legislative Council members decided that schools may continue to recruit with relaxed recruiting rules prospects who sign financial aid agreements for mid-year enrollment. But if that prospect does not enroll at the school, the school will be considered in violation of recruiting rules.

The school also must ensure the prospect is already enrolled in all the coursework necessary to graduate from high school at midyear before offering the financial aid agreement.

They actually look like the same guy to me in these videos, glad both are Canes. Our staff had Chick put on weigh, which slowed him down, and because of prior roster mismanagement he was forced to play major reps as a youngster, which was not to his or our advantage for many reasons.

Advertisement
Back