It's Not Just On Mario [many are dumb for not kneeling]

Shogungts

Junior
Premium
Look, I get that Mario is the HC and absolutely should have stepped in and said 'what the **** are you idiots doing, kneel the ball' but unless he actually told Dawson to run it*, this is just as much if not more on Dawson and then TVD gets some blame for not recognizing it as well as about 100 other people who should have seen it and have varying degrees of ability to do something about it.

*This is the only thing that makes sense to me; that someone (not sure if Mario was part of the decision) decided that they knew they could kneel it but wanted to run another play (maybe to get Chaney over 100 yards?). Now if Mario knew about that (or was the one who decided it) and let it happen, then shame on him. If he didn't know about it then he should have at least caught it and shut it down, but unless he is the one that came up with the idea to run the ball, there are plenty of other people that deserve at least as much, if not more, blame than him.

Advertisement
No one deserves more blame than Mario. If he, the head-*******-coach is going to single handedly lose a game. I don't want to hear about anyone else.

The **** team found a way to win and Mario lost it.

Advertisement
No one deserves more blame than Mario. If he, the head-*******-coach is going to single handedly lose a game. I don't want to hear about anyone else.

The **** team thing a way to win and Mario lost.
But that is my point... there is no way that he single handedly lost this game unless he literally told Dawson to run a play there. That is not absolving him b/c 1) everything rolls up to the HC and 2) he at least had the opportunity to step in, but he does not call the plays; Dawson does.

Advertisement
Head coach can’t rely on others to make the obvious observations
I'll counter that with the HC should be able to expect his OC to know basic football. Yes he then should have stepped in and stopped it, but something as basic is this is not something he should even have to worry about. Again, not absolving him, but everyone is ****ting on him (understandably) and no one is calling out Dawson who is just as much and probably more at fault.

But that is my point... there is no way that he single handedly lost this game unless he literally told Dawson to run a play there. That is not absolving him b/c 1) everything rolls up to the HC and 2) he at least had the opportunity to step in, but he does not call the plays; Dawson does.
HC decides it's time to kneel, he decides when we go for it on 4th down, he makes all of those decisions.

If Dawson decided to go against Mario that's one thing. But Mario let it happen. It's on Mario. Not on Dawson, TVD, Kam, Cheney it's on Mario

I’d love to see what the ESPN win probability percentage said at :34 before WARIO happened. Tonight, I literally wanna throw all my canes gear in a huge pile, light a bonfire and say goodbye to this team once and for all. 40 years of this and I can’t take it anymore…

Advertisement
Mario is the head coach and deserves the blame for this nonsense……but I do agree that the fact no one stepped in (OC or QB) to realize the situation and simply kneel is unreal.

HC decides it's time to kneel, he decides when we go for it on 4th down, he makes all of those decisions.

If Dawson decided to go against Mario that's one thing. But Mario let it happen. It's on Mario. Not on Dawson, TVD, Kam, Cheney it's on Mario
Yes - when there is a decision to be made. There shouldn't be any decision in this case. It's not like there was 20 seconds left in the 1st half and they just got the ball at their own 40 and the HC makes the decision to take a knee and go to the half. And if Mario didnt say 'take a knee' dont you think a competent OC should say 'Hey Coach, if we just kneel it here the game is over.'

And yes, ultimately everything roles up to the head coach, but this was not a call he should have had to make in the first place

And then the D just completely ****ting the bed also was pretty bad. Especially kam giving them that easy TD. Pathetic performance all around but that falls back on the loser coach more than anything.

Advertisement
Look, I get that Mario is the HC and absolutely should have stepped in and said 'what the **** are you idiots doing, kneel the ball' but unless he actually told Dawson to run it*, this is just as much if not more on Dawson and then TVD gets some blame for not recognizing it as well as about 100 other people who should have seen it and have varying degrees of ability to do something about it.

*This is the only thing that makes sense to me; that someone (not sure if Mario was part of the decision) decided that they knew they could kneel it but wanted to run another play (maybe to get Chaney over 100 yards?). Now if Mario knew about that (or was the one who decided it) and let it happen, then shame on him. If he didn't know about it then he should have at least caught it and shut it down, but unless he is the one that came up with the idea to run the ball, there are plenty of other people that deserve at least as much, if not more, blame than him.
I think they were tryna get Don 100 fr

This loss isn’t 100% on Mario because the players sucked it up big time.

The decision not to knee is 100% on Mario even if Dawson made the call because he’s the head coach and those are the decisions he is paid $8m yearly to make

Mario also decided to dedicate the off season to bending over backwards and catering to bum *** TVD.
Realistically what choice did he have? He ****ed up so badly last year that no decent QB wanted to come and TVD was flirting with other programs. He put himself in a spot where he had not choice but to do that.

If you think for a second this is not going to effect recuiting you are dead wrong. You think any recruit is going to want to play for this clown after what happened tonight.

Advertisement
Back