It's not going to happen

Thing is this...

The team has been in position to win every game so far, so clearly the talent is there.

We are probably 6 plays or so from being undefeated.

The talent is there. Coaches have to do a better job from first quarter to last.

You are correct. This team should have won most if not all of the 3 games that it has lost( despite having the worst o line in the country). However, like all bad teams, they choke and find ways to lose.

Remember Santana Moss, “big time players, make big time plays in big time games.” Where are those big time players on this team? No one wants to step up and be a hero. We have a kicker that is scared to death. And a defense that is on every other teams comeback highlight films. Can’t make routine tackles and gets pushed around.

Advertisement
As far as leadership I don't agree entirely.....................I see players like DJ Dallas and Perry who show leadership traits. Perry could have transferred and would have been completely justified in doing so but has kept working, improving, and nearly finished off a big comeback. Dallas made a huge leadership play to tie the game, is it his fault the kicker can't make an extra point and the defense can't make a stop? I see guys like Nesta and Rousseau battling and making plays even in limited time. It's kind of difficult to continue preaching leadership when the coaches aren't holding up their end of the deal.

Thing is this...

The team has been in position to win every game so far, so clearly the talent is there.

The talent is there. Coaches have to do a better job from first quarter to last.
And we've lost every time. It's a trend. It's a pattern. It's because this team isn't good.

And I've never denied any of that, but the players aren't doing their jobs. Guys aren't tackling. Fcking tackling! That's not scheme, it's fundamentals.

Yes, the coaches aren't doing a good job on many levels, but neither are the players. The players can't even seem to execute the scheme properly so we can tell how bad it is.

Again, that's a reflection of coaching..................there are many things that can attribute to poor tackling like poor angles and positioning which come from being put in poor positions to make plays. Yes, players have to held accountable for execution but it's very difficult for me to look at this team and come away from anything without directly looking as this green coaching staff and how they've handled everything from personnel decisions, to game planning, to schemes, to play calls in crucial moments, and so on.

This team isn't going to wake up and start to perform. They aren't going to turn a corner. The team we've seen is the team we've got.

I keep seeing people talk about how the upcoming game will tell us what the team is about, but that's bullsht. We know what their about, they've shown it for 5 games. They have no intensity or leadership. They can execute sometimes, but not all the time. They are mistake prone. They talk but don't do. And worst of all, they don't seem to mind so much.

So at least for this season, that's who we've got, let's stop acting like this is all a gag and the real team will show up any minute now. They won't. They can't because they're already here.

What you mean that this isn't some kinda joke!?

This is a joke!! Its gotta be a joke!!

Miami 2-3 with a win over BCU ...now that there is funny. It's a joke. Its gotta be a joke

PLEASE TELL ME THAT THIS IS JUST SOME KINDA CRUEL JOKE ON ALL OF US!! PLEASE!!

Last edited:
Advertisement
I only see maybe one more win and then that marks the worst record ever for Miami football at least in my lifetime.virginia is going to kill us,fsu is going to kill us,Duke is going to kill us, heck even fiu might beat us.i can't wait till we get some elite oline players and a competent oline coach.

after a 7-6 record last year, and our recruiting efforts desperately flipping Zion Nelson from app st to us...how can one really have high expectations. did anyone really expect our O-line to be good? it was always supposed to be our weak point. yes we had a great defense...statistically padded by killing inferior competition..turnover chains. did we ever really feel comfortable with our defense...the good teams did what they wanted with us. its going to be very hard to build this thing back up with good recruits..but who really wants to come to this dumpster? what kills me is teams with less talented and excellent coaching are whooping our ***. 7-6 or slightly better for this year

It's not just the coaches though. The coaches are failing off the field, but the players are failing on it. The players are the ones missing blocks and dropping passes and committing penalties. Maybe that's on the coaches as well, but doesn't it seem like the players should spend less time sitting back waiting for the coaching to get better? Like maybe do your work and focus so you can make your blocks. Maybe concentrate so you don't jump offsides or lose your man in coverage.
Nobody is coached to jump off sides..nobody is coached to miss blocking assignments..nobody is coached to miss tackles or blow coverages..BUT it’s up to the coaches and leaders to set a standard and let them know it not acceptable..that’s this staffs biggest challenge rn. Getting these young guys to understand it’s about the little things. Greatness is about being consistently good practice in practice out. Day in day out. Game in game out. Big opportunity on Friday to make a statement and actually build off what they did in the 2nd half Saturday

Absolutely 100% false. This is an old school cliche that has been disproven repeatedly. Modern analytics have completely disproven it, but all you need is common sense to know that you are not what your record says you are.

Was the ND team that rolled into the title game vs. Bama really better than Bama because they had the better record? Heck no. They weren't even close to being as good as Bama. Analytics would have told you that, and so would common sense: they won a lot of close games vs. mediocre teams.

On a more sophisticated note...the analytic rankings have proven to be much better predictors of future success than past W-Ls (mainly due to adjusting for schedule and margin).

So no, you're not what your record says you are. You might have been in the past (although even that's debatable due to in-game luck), but you are not in the present nor in the future.

That is great for future prognosis, but when I look at the first 5 games of the season, we won 2 and lost 3, regardless of how close we may have been in those other three.

In 2017 we got a lot of lucky bounces, relied on turnovers, and won 4 close games. We also started 10-0 and rose to the top 3. Our analytics were likely not that high, but we won all 10 games and were in the top 3. We were what our record says we were at the time.

You can spend all the time you want in S&P, S&P+, FPI or whatever else and relish how based on statistics we should be 4-1 or 5-0 and how close we were and what our odds were to win with 7:24 left in the third quarter and whatever else. I will use my eyes and common sense, look at our penalties, missed tackles, **** poor discipline and execution, questionable substitution patterns and playing time, and a defense that buckles in the 4th quarter and say "we are what our record says we are" - a below average to bad football team.

Edit - this is not to say that analytics does not have its place in everything or in-game decisions, but spare me with using it to justify what could have or should have been once the game has been played.

Advertisement
This team isn't going to wake up and start to perform. They aren't going to turn a corner. The team we've seen is the team we've got.

I keep seeing people talk about how the upcoming game will tell us what the team is about, but that's bullsht. We know what their about, they've shown it for 5 games. They have no intensity or leadership. They can execute sometimes, but not all the time. They are mistake prone. They talk but don't do. And worst of all, they don't seem to mind so much.

So at least for this season, that's who we've got, let's stop acting like this is all a gag and the real team will show up any minute now. They won't. They can't because they're already here.
We keep getting 400 yard multiple touchdown games from Perry then the season will be salvaged. Maybe work on those stupid penalties we always get as well.

Call me crazy but I thought we'd lose to VT... and I think we beat UVA.

#EmbraceTheSuck

Thing is this...

This is the kind of stuff all the fans from teams having ****** seasons always say. We want to believe our teams have 10 win talent and it’s the coaches running it aground. But at some point you have to face the reality that our team is just not that good. Coaching can certainly be better, but we just don’t have enough studs out there.

Advertisement
You are correct. This team should have won most if not all of the 3 games that it has lost( despite having the worst o line in the country). However, like all bad teams, they choke and find ways to lose.

Remember Santana Moss, “big time players, make big time plays in big time games.” Where are those big time players on this team? No one wants to step up and be a hero. We have a kicker that is scared to death. And a defense that is on every other teams comeback highlight films. Can’t make routine tackles and gets pushed around.
All facts.

We keep getting 400 yard multiple touchdown games from Perry then the season will be salvaged. Maybe work on those stupid penalties we always get as well.
What if we get that fro Perry and our OL still can't block and our kicker still misses half his kicks and we still miss tackles and we still get exploited in easily fixable ways by less talented teams? We still good then?

Advertisement
During the glory years, every now and then a 4-7 team who had no business hanging with us would actually put up a decent performance. They'd get some first downs, move the ball, rack up a decent number of yards. But they'd throw a pick in the endzone, fumble a punt at their own 15, give us a 1st down on 3rd and 4. And the game would end in our favor with no real threat of losing. But when you're winning those games, you forget, especially years later, that 4-5 plays made all the difference if you examine the context of the game.

Present day: we are that bad team.

I think this team stumbles into a winning streak just like they’ve stumbled into losing games they shouldn’t have. I don’t know if it will be the team turning it around though. It may just be getting lucky bounces instead of them working against us

Nobody is coached to jump off sides..nobody is coached to miss blocking assignments..nobody is coached to miss tackles or blow coverages..BUT it’s up to the coaches and leaders to set a standard and let them know it not acceptable..that’s this staffs biggest challenge rn. Getting these young guys to understand it’s about the little things. Greatness is about being consistently good practice in practice out. Day in day out. Game in game out. Big opportunity on Friday to make a statement and actually build off what they did in the 2nd half Saturday

That’s the point.

The coaches themselves can’t get the little things right.

Half our plays are dead BEFORE THE BALL IS EVEN SNAPPED due to alignment on both sides of the ball.

Our personnel decisions are terrible on both sides of the ball.

The undisciplined play is NOT just youth. It’s the type of thing that happaens when the coaching staff is internally out of control.

I have seen this first hand. The most disturbing part of all this is the lost look Díaz has on his face when things are not going well.

When you see that look (and I have personally seen it on my own teams), it means that the coach is losing it on the inside and his resolve is completely shaken.

Players ALWAYS notice that look and it puts a fog over the whole team and kills their confidence and focus.

False starts, shoestring tackles and tripping over grass, dropped passes, missed blocks, blown coverages, muffed punts, overlooked receivers, missed tackles, and all the other errors associated with bad football can be traced to that lost look.

A football team is much more than just the sum of its parts. It is a living entity made of various “components” that come together to function as one body. The minds of the players and coaches come together to form one singular mind with a singular task.

Just like any other collection of minds, when the strongest minds begin to falter, the effect avalanches through the whole entity.

You see this play out every game through momentum. That is what momentum is. The minds leading these players have shown themselves to be not up to the task in many ways.

There many on the team that want it bad but they have never had quality coaching as a whole, so they don’t know what winning looks like.

People talk about the “disease” and “cancers”. But you know what causes “disease” and “cancers” more than anything else?

Favoritism and incompetence.

We heard rumors of both in the offseason, but didn’t want to believe.

We see both in full display on the field where it can’t be hidden.

We can nitpick talent and execution if we want to, but it is completely obvious we are a poorly coached team and THAT is the most serious hurdle we need to get over to turn this around.

Advertisement
Back